• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain America Fights a Child 2-0

Captain America Vs Reg

Steve after saving the world yet again takes a trip to The Great Pit of the Netherworld in order to sightsee, there he meets a certain Robot Boy​

Rules
  • Speed will be equalized.
  • Both have their standard equipment
  • Battle takes place in the outskirts of Orth
  • Reg is in his post Berserk Key
  • Reg's awakening state is restricted
  • Both start 100 meters away in each others sight
  • Win is by KO or Death

"Irredeemable!":

"When the mob, and the press, and the whole world tell you to move. You plant yourself like a tree, beside the river of truth. And you say no. You move": Dalesean027,Cimafranca133​

Inconclusive:

AP and Dura

Cap: 1.8 Tons
Reg: 1.62 Tons

Lifting Strength

Cap: 2,240 Kg (Class 5)
Reg: 1576 tons (Class M)

reg-made-in-abyss-thumb.jpg

VS​

SQEX_Blog_Cap_Image1-67afjlx8o-dxr0oeg6y.jpg

Last edited:
So going over a bit of captain america

Captain America has fought extremely agile enemies who can fly or move at super fast speeds as well or things such as enemies who can phase shift and teleport and even then much more of a wide variety of foes he's faced in his years of experience.

He's comparabe to Black Widow and Spider-Man skillwise, Black Widow who has been trained in the Red Room since she was 5 years old. Easily outskilled some of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s best agents, and has defeated Taskmaster on two separate occasions even after he's studied and copied her techniques with his photographic memory to the point he convincingly replicated her well enough to fool Nick Fury. Spider-Man who Peter still managed to competently fight crime for six years going off of his own developed fighting style and instinct. Capable of easily taking on and defeating AIM's elite teams, who would be comparable if not superior to the highly trained soldiers and combatively adept AIM personnel that often deal with rioting crowds, policing, and security actions

Stamina wise for Cap, in one night and captain america being able to raid one of A.I.Ms weapon caches, free their inhuman prisoners throughout the city, and take control over their adaptiod research lab all in one night defeating all their forces stationed across several bases.

Lastly considering the projectile nature of most of these attacks Captain America could use his parry since it reflects all projectile and beam attacks back at the user

Shit I actually gotta do a CRT on cap since he has enhanced senses

So going over a bit of captain america

Captain America has fought extremely agile enemies who can fly or move at super fast speeds as well or things such as enemies who can phase shift and teleport and even then much more of a wide variety of foes he's faced in his years of experience.

He's comparabe to Black Widow and Spider-Man skillwise, Black Widow who has been trained in the Red Room since she was 5 years old. Easily outskilled some of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s best agents, and has defeated Taskmaster on two separate occasions even after he's studied and copied her techniques with his photographic memory to the point he convincingly replicated her well enough to fool Nick Fury. Spider-Man who Peter still managed to competently fight crime for six years going off of his own developed fighting style and instinct. Capable of easily taking on and defeating AIM's elite teams, who would be comparable if not superior to the highly trained soldiers and combatively adept AIM personnel that often deal with rioting crowds, policing, and security actions
Yeah it's no doubt that Cap takes the skill category here, however I don't believe Reg is completely outclassed considering his far superior movement.
Also Reg has fought people who are above him in both skill and strength and has managed to keep up if for a time by using his extending arms in new and creative ways in order to gain the advantage.
Reg has also demonstrated that by using his extending arms like a spring he can launch himself at supersonic speeds or fire them around an opponent to act as a lasso

This paired with his massive LS advantage makes it seem that Cap would be on the defensive most of the time in this battle
Stamina wise for Cap, in one night and captain america being able to raid one of A.I.Ms weapon caches, free their inhuman prisoners throughout the city, and take control over their adaptiod research lab all in one night defeating all their forces stationed across several bases.
Reg also has some pretty crazy stamina feats such as when he kept on fighting after having his internal organs pierced from the inside as well as fighting an entire army of invading monsters without showing signs of fatigue
Lastly considering the projectile nature of most of these attacks Captain America could use his parry since it reflects all projectile and beam attacks back at the user
That is true but I actually gotta question whether or not his shield would reflect the incinerator considering how it works.

It works by emitting an instantaneous beam of light that pierces through everything and acts as a "Zone" for the incinerator to take effect.
Everything in that area is then rotated by an unknown force causing immense friction which vaporizes anything in it

So even if we say that the shield survives it could still potentially pierce through it and vaporize cap on the other side
What can Reg do here?
Realistically since he's outskilled he could just stay at range and try to grab Cap and wrap him up with his extended arms
They have a range of 40 meters so he doesn't need to get close

That is true but I actually gotta question whether or not his shield would reflect the incinerator considering how it works.

It works by emitting an instantaneous beam of light that pierces through everything and acts as a "Zone" for the incinerator to take effect.
Everything in that area is then rotated by an unknown force causing immense friction which vaporizes anything in it

So even if we say that the shield survives it could still potentially pierce through it and vaporize cap on the other side
The this I'm not sure about but it definitely has blocked lasers in game that are able to heat metal up instantly to the point where it glows but looking at how Regs feats are heatwise plus how that works I don't think it compares at all so that literally may just do it

Realistically since he's outskilled he could just stay at range and try to grab Cap and wrap him up with his extended arms
They have a range of 40 meters so he doesn't need to get close
Cap could also throw his shield and do some serious ricocheting with it as well which would also do lots of damage to Reg and close the distance that is if Reg hasn't started with his incinerator ans potentially destroyed it
Yeah it's no doubt that Cap takes the skill category here, however I don't believe Reg is completely outclassed considering his far superior movement.
Also Reg has fought people who are above him in both skill and strength and has managed to keep up if for a time by using his extending arms in new and creative ways in order to gain the advantage.
Reg has also demonstrated that by using his extending arms like a spring he can launch himself at supersonic speeds or fire them around an opponent to act as a lasso

This paired with his massive LS advantage makes it seem that Cap would be on the defensive most of the time in this battle
Cap has some pretty insane aerial combat and can also double jump so his agility is quite insane and he couples most of his fighting with his shield so I don't doubt he'd have all too much trouble dodging his attacks and attempts to grab especially with his shield being able to ricochet up to 8 times off of his targets before returning back to him

Captain America's acrobatics are insane in thia game and I'm not sure if this video below is entirely usable but it's technically something captain america could do in character

Using Brooklyn brawler makes him double down on his already insane shield usage in combos and almost all his attacks revolve around ricocheting the shield in his combos you see that it's used in the second video right around the 3/4ths of the way through

8:07 is also a good show of captain America's acrobatics in character as well

Also doesn't Reg's physicals in post-idofront only scale to 320.1198925 megajoules so cap could also potentially one shot him no?

The this I'm not sure about but it definitely has blocked lasers in game that are able to heat metal up instantly to the point where it glows but looking at how Regs feats are heatwise plus how that works I don't think it compares at all so that literally may just do it
I'm not debating whether his shield could survive it because it probably could, I'm saying cap himself wouldn't survive it.

The initial area marking light passes through everything without damaging it at all, it's the resulting friction environment which occurs throughout the entirety of the lit up area which passes through Cap's shield
wCmploV.jpg

Here's a pic to help better explain it
Cap could also throw his shield and do some serious ricocheting with it as well which would also do lots of damage to Reg and close the distance that is if Reg hasn't started with his incinerator ans potentially destroyed it
I'm not sure that would work considering Reg is kinda a stonewall in his verse.
He is far more durable that his attacks and much stronger characters than him have tried to harm him and failed, only being able to injure him via his thin parts such as his navel or by litterely shoving there hands down his throat in order to pierce his insides.

And that's just his normal skin, his metal arms are even stronger than his skin
Cap has some pretty insane aerial combat and can also double jump so his agility is quite insane and he couples most of his fighting with his shield so I don't doubt he'd have all too much trouble dodging his attacks and attempts to grab especially with his shield being able to ricochet up to 8 times off of his targets before returning back to him

Captain America's acrobatics are insane in thia game and I'm not sure if this video below is entirely usable but it's technically something captain america could do in character

Using Brooklyn brawler makes him double down on his already insane shield usage in combos and almost all his attacks revolve around ricocheting the shield in his combos you see that it's used in the second video right around the 3/4ths of the way through

8:07 is also a good show of captain America's acrobatics in character as well

Yeah I agree I kinda underestimated his agility but I still have reason to believe Reg would be superior considering that's the main way he fights, by jumping around flailing his arms and spring jumping.

I also forgot to mention that by twirling his arms extremely fast he can create a kinda barrier that deflects attacks
Also doesn't Reg's physicals in post-idofront only scale to 320.1198925 megajoules so cap could also potentially one shot him no?
That's Pre- Idofront

Post-Idofront actually scales above 1.62 tons to an unknown degree

I'm not debating whether his shield could survive it because it probably could, I'm saying cap himself wouldn't survive it.

The initial area marking light passes through everything without damaging it at all, it's the resulting friction environment which occurs throughout the entirety of the lit up area which passes through Cap's shield
Okay I see yeah that's actually kinda ******* wild😭💀💀 Cap is certainly not surviving that if it hits and I get your point too with the light, I'd say maybe if anywhere has ever mirror reflected it in the series but if not then nope it'd kinda just neg him I suppose

I'm not sure that would work considering Reg is kinda a stonewall in his verse.
He is far more durable that his attacks and much stronger characters than him have tried to harm him and failed, only being able to injure him via his thin parts such as his navel or by litterely shoving there hands down his throat in order to pierce his insides.

And that's just his normal skin, his metal arms are even stronger than his skin
Yeah fair and we don't exactly know Cap's conditions after the initially after explosion he scales to but it's safe to say he was knocked unconscious and we at least know he has no scarring or recieved any mortal wounds so that's likely all it did

Yeah I agree I kinda underestimated his agility but I still have reason to believe Reg would be superior considering that's the main way he fights, by jumping around flailing his arms and spring jumping.

I also forgot to mention that by twirling his arms extremely fast he can create a kinda barrier that deflects attacks
Oh wow thats certainly interesting consider what you said above his arms have superior dura to his other parts but yeah Cap's agility is pretty good lol and do ya have a clip of Reg's agility as an example

That's Pre- Idofront

Post-Idofront actually scales above 1.62 tons to an unknown degree
Ah okay yeah it kinda confused me since the key isn't actually titled "post" so I was reading the wrong one this entire time

Okay I see yeah that's actually kinda ******* wild😭💀💀 Cap is certainly not surviving that if it hits and I get your point too with the light, I'd say maybe if anywhere has ever mirror reflected it in the series but if not then nope it'd kinda just neg him I suppose
I mean it's never hit a mirror so I guess maybe but you'd have to really stretch
Yeah fair and we don't exactly know Cap's conditions after the initially after explosion he scales to but it's safe to say he was knocked unconscious and we at least know he has no scarring or recieved any mortal wounds so that's likely all it did
Yea still means he can survive that level of energy

Just so you know Reg is also able to be knocked out without necessarily needing to mortally injure him so that's a potential wincon
Oh wow thats certainly interesting consider what you said above his arms have superior dura to his other parts but yeah Cap's agility is pretty good lol and do ya have a clip of Reg's agility as an example

Here you go

Like I said he like to zip around and be annoying with his extendo hands
Ah okay yeah it kinda confused me since the key isn't actually titled "post" so I was reading the wrong one this entire time
Yeah my bad for not specifying the correct key or rather not saying exactly what it's called

Just so you know Reg is also able to be knocked out without necessarily needing to mortally injure him so that's a potential wincon
So like how does that work exactly like is literally just like anyone else would be or..?

Here you go

Like I said he like to zip around and be annoying with his extendo hands

Yeah I'll say he can definitely keep his mobility up longer than Cap and can get around further but otherwise I don't think his agilenss is like superior by caps much more than that from this clips

Also that said seems like Reg isn't really using his LS here at all or doesn't really seem to go for grabs moreso than standard melee and energy beams so Cap may actually stand more of a chance if it isn't his usual go to with the attacks his doing

Also if I'm understanding correctly from this clip his incinerator takes time to build-up which would give Cap time to fight him pretty regulary until then and after given he can evade the shot

Reg's AOE can reach pretty absurd levels, such as vaporizing idolfront, and without Riko here he will likely use the full AOE version wich will hit a far bigger area than what Captain can protect with his shield.
But then there are a few problems.
1.it's not in character to start with it, since he can use it a limited amount of times
2.he will fall asleep around 10 minutes after using it
3. it has a charge/heating up period that will warn Captain

If Cpt notices the incinerator charging up his best course of action would be trying to get up close and block it with his shield before it unmanageably expands into a cone too big to fully block. If he tries backing away or running, chances are he already lost. Specially because he lacks the LS to just force Reg's hand away from him like Mommy Ozen did.

If Cpt notices the incinerator charging up his best course of action would be trying to get up close and block it with his shield before it unmanageably expands into a cone too big to fully block. If he tries backing away or running, chances are he already lost. Specially because he lacks the LS to just force Reg's hand away from him like Mommy Ozen did.
Yeah he'd more likely than not run towards him upon noticing that rather than run away considering when threatened with this:

He ran head first to stop it as seen here:

So yeah my money is on Captain America trying to stop of with an attack if possible. This also happens to be the feat he scales to surviving despite the thumbnail title in the video lol

So like how does that work exactly like is literally just like anyone else would be or..?
Yea I'm saying it's easier to knock him out then it is to actually damage him
Also that said seems like Reg isn't really using his LS here at all or doesn't really seem to go for grabs moreso than standard melee and energy beams so Cap may actually stand more of a chance if it isn't his usual go to with the attacks his doing
He does use his LS to his advantage it's just not used in this particular clip
The scene I want to show you unfortunately is not on Youtube
Also if I'm understanding correctly from this clip his incinerator takes time to build-up which would give Cap time to fight him pretty regulary until then and after given he can evade the shot
It does take a sec to build up depending on how big his blast is
But his blasts can reach hundreds of meters at least and he can make them to where they engulf him as well
Reg's AOE can reach pretty absurd levels, such as vaporizing idolfront, and without Riko here he will likely use the full AOE version wich will hit a far bigger area than what Captain can protect with his shield.
But then there are a few problems.
1.it's not in character to start with it, since he can use it a limited amount of times
This key doesn't have that problem since he's been juiced up by Idofront
2.he will fall asleep around 10 minutes after using it
This is true and a valid Wincon for Cap
3. it has a charge/heating up period that will warn Captain
True but cap would just think it's a normal blast and try and block it

OR alternatively if he dodges one or two Reg can also use his feet to shoot the beam so he could catch him off guard.

He can't doge them after their out since they move at lightspeed
It's very likely this would come to a contest of blows before Reg even decides to use the incinerator since he uses it as a last resort.

Yeah he'd more likely than not run towards him upon noticing that rather than run away considering when threatened with this:

He ran head first to stop it as seen here:

So yeah my money is on Captain America trying to stop of with an attack if possible. This also happens to be the feat he scales to surviving despite the thumbnail title in the video lol

Good point if we assume he can eyeball the amount of energy coming out he'd probably opt to dodge instead of reflecting it.

But if he tries it even once he's dead

Yea I'm saying it's easier to knock him out then it is to actually damage him
Both aside though Cap's shield is country level what stops it from absolutely tearing through or knocking out Reg with a good throw?
He does use his LS to his advantage it's just not used in this particular clip
The scene I want to show you unfortunately is not on Youtube
Fair, it seems I'll actually need to stop procrastinating and watch the show to see for myself
It does take a sec to build up depending on how big his blast is
But his blasts can reach hundreds of meters at least and he can make them to where they engulf him as well
Yeah Cap isn't blocking something with that much AOE lol, Iron Man for sure but Cap not at all.

This is true and a valid Wincon for Cap
Survivability of that one attack is a wincon nice lol
True but cap would just think it's a normal blast and try and block it

OR alternatively if he dodges one or two Reg can also use his feet to shoot the beam so he could catch him off guard.

He can't doge them after their out since they move at lightspeed
Damn that attack speed stat lol, any of those blast auto blitz Cap then easily which would negate the entire reflect argument so he'd have no choice but to attack and make it count which again I think if he does notice and land a good shield throw it could for sure put Reg to sleep
It's very likely this would come to a contest of blows before Reg even decides to use the incinerator since he uses it as a last resort
Then Cap would generally outskill but will have slighty less mobility than Reg and less range his mobility
Good point if we assume he can eyeball the amount of energy coming out he'd probably opt to dodge instead of reflecting it.

But if he tries it even once he's dead
Is reg able to be fully mobile when charging the incinerator or when its about to fire? If not Cap could potentially have a chance to land a decent counter but if he's fully mobile then he fires it blitzes Cap and GGs

Both aside though Cap's shield is country level what stops it from absolutely tearing through or knocking out Reg with a good throw?
Holy Shit I didn't notice that he had 6-B AP with shield throw.

Welp that kinda changes things

I think this may be a stomp now, actually Reg could probably dodge it at least at long range with his superior movement speed
Fair, it seems I'll actually need to stop procrastinating and watch the show to see for myself
You should it's a very good series and it's only 25 ep + 1 movie to catch up
Damn that attack speed stat lol, any of those blast auto blitz Cap then easily which would negate the entire reflect argument so he'd have no choice but to attack and make it count which again I think if he does notice and land a good shield throw it could for sure put Reg to sleep
Yep they basically one-shot each other if there main attacks connect
Then Cap would generally outskill but will have slighty less mobility than Reg and less range his mobility
Cap has more skill but slightly less mobility
Reg has More mobility and WAY bigger range (As well as a faster travel speed)
Is reg able to be fully mobile when charging the incinerator or when its about to fire? If not Cap could potentially have a chance to land a decent counter but if he's fully mobile then he fires it blitzes Cap and GGs
Generally he's shown standing still and charging it but as you can see in the Bondrewd fight he is fully capable of just letting them rip one after another in his 10 minutes of consciousness.

I'd say he has to charge for a sec for the uber massive blasts

wait a sec I can't find the country level feat cap scales to

I feel like Cap has a chance to take this mid-high diff given some decent sheild strikes and his superior skill, knowledge, and decent mobility although his isn't up to par against Reg's mobility, range, and LS.

All it takes is Cap landing some decent blows to incapacitate Reg

Back