• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can't quite figure out how to name two profiles

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Ok, so, I'm making pages for the Thief series, and there's two protagonists, both named Garrett, one protagonist of the original trilogy (first game 1998) and one of the reboot (2014, same canon as the originals, just set centuries later, only called "Thief", no subtitle). Neither has a last name or some other easy nickname to call them by.

I'm not really sure what to call the profiles, whether some variation of (Original)/(Reboot) or (1998)/(2014), and I've gotten some opinions on either side which just makes me more unsure, so uh, if anyone has any opinions or other ideas, I'd appreciate them.

Actually, I'm not sure too. It seems that the page naming in VS Battles Wiki as there is no formal guideline.

I don't think a formal guideline is needed, I just wanna know which sounds better in this specific case, not a big deal

It depends. For some verse (e.g. Ben 10), it is likely that they only have the original version and reboot version, then (Original)/(Reboot) may be preferred. For verses which would have many versions (e.g. video games), (1998)/(2014) is somewhat preferred.

But there are more than the two choices mentioned above. For verses which have many, many versions (e.g. Journey to the West, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, The Water Margin), something like (2000 Television Series), (2001 Video Game) is needed.

It depends. For some verse (e.g. Ben 10), it is likely that they only have the original version and reboot version, then (Original)/(Reboot) may be preferred. For verses which would have many versions (e.g. video games), (1998)/(2014) is somewhat preferred.

But there are more than the two choices mentioned above. For verses which have many, many versions (e.g. Journey to the West, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, The Water Margin), something like (2000 Television Series), (2001 Video Game) is needed.
It's only those two versions, no other Thief media exists, though there's been some talks of a new game now that Square sold the IP, nothing concrete

Anyway I'll just do Original and Reboot ig, doesn't matter too much and I don't wanna get stuck on this

You could try included the word "Character" and "Verse" respectively as well as a year in the two characters' case.

Back