• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Canopus High 2-A

It's been a general rule for a while that merely existing in a higher plane or beyond something was not sufficient evidence for a jump from High 2-A. There were a few characters that had a similar justification like Madoka who were stuck at 2-A because of it.

Yobo Blue said:
It's been a general rule for a while that merely existing in a higher plane or beyond something was not sufficient evidence for a jump from High 2-A. There were a few characters that had a similar justification like Madoka who were stuck at 2-A because of it.
I think this is still valid

He's 5-D because there are actually the higher dimensions in DeSu 2. Akasha Stratum exist above other universes and view them as nothing more than the data that recorded in Akashic Record, and Providence, the dimension where Canopus and his factors reside, is even exist above Akasha Stratum. The scans in his page is just a way to tell that how high is the Providence. That said, Providence is 5-D level dimension because it's exist above entire Devil Survivor 2 multiverse

Yobo Blue said:
That's literally one line that tells us nothing.
Polaris who used the Akasha Stratum and Akashic Record is 4-D as they control the multverse and view as data.

Canopus created the entire system of Akasha Stratum and which is 4-D and exist beyond it. He looks to be 5-D, to me.

Scans for your unsupported statements made above. (They are unsupported because you have given no scans)

Since Canopus encompasses everything in DeSu2, wouldn't that give him every power in DeSu2?

Dx2 does?

I don't believe DeSu does. YHVH would have put a stop to that real quick, and Frosty the Black Frost had to travel through the expanse to get to DeSu2

Yobo Blue said:
I believe that was due to it being made by a banned user originally.
Not really, I made the profile since he was banned and mentioned it in the CRT. I never had the time to ask Matt why he deleted it though.

Anyway, considering the revised Canopus page seems accepted, I think it would be a good idea to start adding it to DeSu2 stuff

I sort of agree with Elizhaa here in the respect that we shouldn't be so hasty. Revisions as big as these ones need a proper plan to go with them

Canopus is not like the Chaos Force. It doesn't merely exist beyond infinite universes, it is qualitatively superior to infinite universes, therefore it is High 2-A via being equivocal to a five-dimensional existence, even if it isn't actually 5D. Brahman isn't 5D either, and YHVH's heads are manifestations in a single universe, they just have High 2-A power via power-scaling. A single YHVH head should be > Canopus for reasons listed on Big Head's page. And yes I know YHVH is a higher-dimensional being, I'm talking about his manifestation heads which are like 4D if I'm not mistaken (true form being at least 9D).

Canopus is High 2-A via feats. Brahman and YHVH are High 2-A via power-scaling.

I was under the impression that merely being superior to infinite universes wasn't necessarily 5-D

Your right it's not. But this is a qualitative superiority, essentially equating a dimensional-like difference. Canopus is essentially the Axiom of the DeSu 2 Multiverse, but obviously on a significantly much lesser scale than the Axiom. It's comparable in function to Brahman and YHVH in their respective multiverses, despite the latter having superior powerscaling, but they share a similar role in the fundamentals.

Honestly I have yet to find any scans that imply a similar existence to The Axiom. Do you have any scans that can be used here?

Elizhaa said:
I am pretty Frosty the Black Frost is non-cannon since it perform feats like defating Metatron (Shin Megami Tensei).
Black Frost is canon, as he is a Boss in Nocturne and later joins your party. He also appears in SMT IV.

But that's definitely a far greater feat than anything he ever di in the rest of series.

Back