• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Canopus High 2-A

Here was the Source code:

BlackFrostSMT3
Summary
Was once a demon who only cared about himself, until he learned about the power of love, inciting him to protect other demons from the humans that threatened them.

Powers and Stats
Tier: At least 2-A

Name:
Black Frost

Origin: Shin Megami Tensei

Classification: Demon, Sprite, Fairy

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Abstract Existence (Type 2), Higher-Dimensional Existence, Immortality (Types 1, 3, 4 and 8. Can return to The Axiom to reform indefinitely), Regenerationn (High-Godly. Capable of regenerating after being erased from nonexistence alongside the entire multiverse across past, present and future), Acausality (Type 4; Demons are naturally born in a world beyond time and do not perceive it linearly, being completely unaffected by the collapse of the multiverse across past, present and future), Non-Corporeal (As a Demon, Jack Frost is not a physical being, and is a thought-form made of pure information and data), limited Mind Manipulation (Makes enemies Panic with Pulinpa), Death Manipulation (With Hama), Levitatio, Energy Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation (Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Fire Manipulation), Resurrection, Healing (Recovers a moderate amount of damage with Mediarama, Removes Sleep / Illusion with Patra, Dispels Confusion / Fear / Rage with Me Patra), Teleportation, Forcefield / Attack Absorption (Reduces Fire damage with Resist Fire, Drains fire attacks with Fire Drain), Magic, Statistics Amplification / Reduction (Increases defense with Rakukaja, Increases Ice magic by 25% with Ice Pleroma, Increases Agility with Sukukaja, Inflicts Mute stats with Tango of Dispelling, Increases Magical Power by 2.5 with Mind Charge, Negates debuffs with Dekunda), Resistance Negation (Nullifies resistance to Ice with Ice Break and can bypass magical defenses and innate resistances with Megidolaon), Empathic Manipulation (Inflicts Happy status with Hapirma), Resistance to Mind Manipulation (Even weak Demons are capable of resisting the mind-controlling effects from Zelenin's song, which can completely brainwash an entire crew of a ship into mindlessly worshipping God, although they are unable to resist it in higher outputs), Physics Manipulation (Demons are unbound by the laws of physics), Transmutation and Petrification (All Demons are unnafected by the Cuvier Syndrome, which is caused by the sun releasing corrupt Data that instantly transformed anyone exposed to it into stone, and are capable of quickly breaking out of being turned into flies or other animals), Stat Buffing / Debuffing (Removes all enemy buffs with Dekaja. Increases Magical power by 2.5 with Concentrate, Increases Ice power by 50% with High Ice Pleroma, Becomes immune to Fire with Null Fire, Exhausts all foes with Anima Freeze), Can use Megido, an Almighty spell that bypasses all defenses Summoning, Attack Reflection against Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Curse Manipulation and physical attacks, Resistance to Conceptual Manipulation

Attack Potency: At least Multiverse level+ (Canonically fought against Metatro, should be comparable to other end games devil tamers)

Speed: Immeasurable. Omnipresent across Space and Time (Demons of Metatron's caliber are eternal beings who exist simultaneously throughout all of time, and killing them in the present moment is simply killing their past self and not their entirety)

Lifting Strength: Immeasurable

Striking Strength:
At least Multiversal+

Durability:
At least Multiverse level+

Stamina:
Infinite (Demons are incorporeal entities made of thought and data, and the element that comprises their physical forms is unbound by the laws of physics and is capable of acting as a source of infinite and inhexaustible energy)

Range: At least Multiversal+

Standard Equipment: Comp.

Intelligence: Average. Rather playful, fickle and childlike, and can also be quite arrogant.

Weaknesses: None Notable

Iirc, in the anime Black Frost was above every demon that wasn't Lucifer or Satan, so that's something

Again, I don't recall him having such feats anywhere else in the series.

I even searched on the Megami Tensei Wikia since I haven't played DeSu, and while they say that he is the only demon to join your party (or that's what I remember), they don't say anything about him taking on Metatron, which is kinda weird.

Either that or as far as I remember, there rate multiple Black Forst, each one been born in a different way by absorbing a different power.

At best we could divide his profile into keys.

Black Frost is canon, as he is a Boss in Nocturne and later joins your party. He also appears in SMT IV.
But that's definitely a far greater feat than anything he ever di in the rest of series.

Interesting, which tier was Demi-fiend when the fight happen because in SMT IV, the mission is only available after fighting Ananta Shesha (Shin Megami Tensei) first key where the protagonists become 2-A.

I know that we don't scale from boss orders solely but his case is interesting.

Also, I believe he scale to White Frost who fought Alice (Shin Megami Tensei) in a game: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aWAo9MGd4TU

@Elizhaa makes sense, though boss order a lot of the times isn't the best way to scale. however, the fact that he is reagrded as a very powerful demon at that point makes sense too.

I don't know a lot about Synchronicity Prologue, given how different it is from the rest of the games in the series.

Also, I suggested this

DMB 1 said:
Either that or as far as I remember, there rate multiple Black Forst, each one been born in a different way by absorbing a different power.

At best, if this is true, we could divide his profile into keys.
Also, let me just properly render that Black Frost Picture.

Part of the issue is that we're treating Black Frost like a demon, while Overclocked treats him as a companion to the player in addition to that.

He's still a demon though, just one that chooses to join your party of his own free will. The one in DeSu 2 is treated as a normal summonable demon iirc.

That is true. But imo we should do what we did with Alice and separate the DeSu from the rest of the series.

I approve the new Black Frost render. I'm not knowledgeable about the verse, so I'm afraid I can't help you there outside of the renders.

Let's stay on topic. This is about Canopus, not Black Frost.

Also @Yobo MagiSinbad said this about the Canopus' tier three years ago.

"Canopus 5-D because there are actually the higher dimensions in DeSu 2. Akasha Stratum exist above other universes and view them as nothing more than the data that recorded in Akashic Record, and Providence, the dimension where Canopus and his factors reside, is even exist above Akasha Stratum. The scans in his page is just a way to tell that how high is the Providence. That said, Providence is 5-D level dimension because it's exist above entire Devil Survivor 2 multiverse"

But to reach 5-D it is required to have total transcendence over 4-D. Just because the Akasha Stratum does fur fill the transcendent nature necessary for 4-D doesn't mean that Providence does the same for 5-D.

It clearly does via the higher dimensional cosmology present in the game.

There isn't any reason to assume Providence follows the same hierarchy scale as the Akashic Record tho

That says literally nothing about transcending anything tho.

Anyway, I think "2-A, possibly High 2-A" makes the most sense in context.

Yobo Blue said:
That says literally nothing about transcending anything tho.

Anyway, I think "2-A, possibly High 2-A" makes the most sense in context.
It would be At least 2-A, possibly High 2-A since it is stonger than Polaris.

I still believe the Higher Dimensionality is correct so 5-D is still fine with me. We did accept Higher-dimesnionality for verse like Umineko no Naku Koro ni and World of Darkness scaling from view lower D-world like Data or games.

Also, we already use feats from the anime in the profiles, so uhhh, bit of a double standard then.

In addition, every aspect of demons is the same, and they are explicitly stated to be different from stars like Arcturus and Polaris.

If the anime is part of the continuity it counts, obviously.

Yobo Blue said:
Are you sure? Because Ultima just said he has no experience in DeSu2
Not sure, about Ultima's, totally. But for Matt, I am certain.

Well, I'm fairly certain there is proof of the demons being legit, especially if it shares continuity with Dx2

I am pretty sure Dx2 actually implies that the Demons that are summoned and controlled in Devil Survivor 2 and the like aren't actually the real entities, but rather just their "Forms" replicated into lesser beings. I will try to find the relevant videos which suggest this.

This would probably explain why most of the DeSu2 Demons act like Stands with no personalities rather than actual characters, Lucifer and Satan themselves don't act on their own in the Anime, and just mimick Yamato and Hibiki's actions throughout their "fight".

I mean, if that is the case, I don't see any reason to scale the Demons from DeSu2 to the real beings, especially since they are apparently just their forms replicated into ledder entities, like I said.

Polaris being stronger than Lucifer and Satan also contradicts the scaling of the game itself, if I recall correctly, since Beelzebub is actually portrayed as being stronger than her and is implied to be the real deal (Since he says that he traveled from a far away place to meet the Protagonists out of his own volition, instead of being sent by the Administrator or anything of the sort)

Okay. I don't think that has any immediate repercussions but it'll probably be worth noting when the full revisions come around. Other than that though, I don't think Canopus or Four Factor party characters are affected.

That's how demons across the entire series work though. The Demons you fight in the series' true forms are pretty much always in the expanse.

Polaris and Beelzebub are never even compared in DeSu 2 so it isn't really possible to say one is specifically portrayed above the other, the closest we have to anything like that is Polaris being able to control a void that swallows and erases demons.

And Canopus' domain providence is more or less implied to transcend the Akasha Stratum to an equal if not greater degree than the stratum transcends the world, if the way Miyako words it is anything to go by. That sounds like justification enough for High 2-A if we go by the idea that Polaris and Admins like her are already 2-A, which all of us seem to.

Back