• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Candle Cove vs The Slender Mythos pt. 1: Jawbone vs The Rake

The first fight between the two Creepypasta themed verses is Jawbone vs The Rake. At the moment I'm planning on making a few more along with adding the profiles for Channel Zero as a verse and more of its characters.

Setup:
(Sorry if this is bad)

The forest was quiet as the pale, dog-like humanoid, slunk through the undergrowth. It could smell something…something strange, old, and forgotten. Suddenly, a quirky and perky melody began playing ahead of the feral other. A small, white, busted TV buzzed to life without a cord. Within the mess of static and the screen's cracks a figure appeared. An insane laugh pierced the buzz and child-like music. Without warning, a flash struck the Rake. When its eyes readjusted, it was on a ship. "You have…to go…INSIDE!" Did this ship just speak? A shrill voice broke through the beast's confusion. "Look-y here shark bait, how interesting..." a cloaked skeleto said as it tilted its head towards the animal. Its unhinged jaw cocked to right. He began to laugh, "Well whatever you are, I'LL HAVE YOUR HIDE!" The skeletal antagonist rushes the pale beast.

Rules:

• Note: The Setup is irrelevant and is just for entertainment.
  • Both are 9-C
  • Fight takes place aboard the Laughing Stock
  • Jawbone has a meat hook
Results:
Jawbone:

The Rake:

Inconclusive:

I really like the story.

However, how ds Jawbone's Memory Manipulation works, and to what extent? I don't remember Candle Cove too well...

I get the feeling that The Rake is stronger, Jawbone seems to be too vague in the physicals quesite, and even if we assume that the feat is executed by sheer brute force, it'd still be in a lower ballpark than the Rake's own, I think.

The Memory Manipulation could very well confuse the Rake, but its savagery would most likely make it keep attacking, even if less efficiently. Jawbone doesn't seem to be particularly skilled, so I am also betting that it won't be able to take a good advantage on the Rake's confusion.

So I'm betting the Rake, with mid-low difficulties.

I like this a lot.

Firstly, at least Street level vs at most Street level. Already, advantage Rake.

And this is the one battle that I've seen where the idiocy of one character will work in their favour. Jawbone can mindhax the Rake all he wants, confuse the hell out of it. It will just keep attacking. And eventually, Jawbone will go down. I agree with TWoE420, Rake mid diff.

Off topic, but am I the only one that thinks that the Rake should fight Gotta Sweep at some point?

The battle of the sweepers.

Back