• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Ditto transform into Arceus?

This is something I always wanted to see but sadly Pokemon didn't deliver.

It's similar to how they never showed Dark Types Immunity to Psychic Type moves, at least to my knowledge.

I mean they really did Ground's immunity to Electric justice! /s

But I really don't think Ditto is Protege. His copying probably has limits.

Well, if Ditto can turn into SCP-682 (as discussed in that one inconclusive match), it should.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Ditto turns into TOAA and solos your puny verse.
As the pokedex entries state, Ditto can only transform into beings that are corporeal.

TOAA is non corporeal and even omnipresent.

Unless TOAA turns into a physical form that Ditto can easily see, Ditto will be confused about what the target to transform into is, therefore making its attemp to transform fail (remember, in-game, the ability Illusion, given only to Zorua and Zoruark, prevents Ditto from transforming into them, even with the ability Imposter).

Seventy96 said:
Can Ditto in this way earn the Arceus powers?
Well, I´ve heard Ditto could turn into Deoxys in some manga.

Considering that, unlike Smeargle, Ditto doesn´t just copy the anatomy, but also the capabilities and even any stat changes, (for example, Ditto can cancel its transformation to update it to the target, which would be useful against characters with other forms, especially considering Ditto can remember what has been before and transform into that again, but Ditto may forget some details, making the transformation less effective)

It seems what should be checked kmore in Ditto is its inteligence.

Considering most Dittos can hardly even speak human at all in a copy of a human body (as seen in Ultra S-M), Ditto shouldn´t be smart enought to can combinate its previous transformations to make something OP, at least properly.

Mew, on the other hand, is a very inteligent Pokémon and the other one that can also Transform exactly like Ditto, it even has more alternatives to deal with the target (I mean, it can learn any MT-Tutor move in the games) and even has an exclusive Z-move, Gnenesis Supernova.

I think Mew should be used more than Ditto in Vs. matches.

Besides, in short, yes, Ditto should be able to earn Arceus powers, but it would be lacking the plates, limiting its powers.

Besides, in short, yes, Ditto should be able to earn Arceus powers, but it would be lacking the plates, limiting its powers.

Even conceptual manipulation and 2-B AP?

Seventy96 said:
Even conceptual manipulation and 2-B AP?
If it was Dittto VS Arceus and standtard pokémon rules were applied, ditto took a kick in the gelatine.

IIRC, Ditto is able to transform into pretty much anything but the only thing it doesn't copy is stuff like HP or stamina to act as support.

That's why for example, if Ditto became Dialga he wouldn't get Dialgas stamina life reserves for obv reasons.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
IIRC, Ditto is able to transform into pretty much anything but the only thing it doesn't copy is stuff like HP or stamina to act as support.
That's why for example, if Ditto became Dialga he wouldn't get Dialgas stamina life reserves for obv reasons.
that's true, but this doesn't mean that transforming is totally uyseless, it still transform the defenses and makes him more powerful, while not as powerful as the original obviously.

Arceus is non-corporeal? WTF? He can still be touched.

PIS and Game Mechanics.

I can't find non-corporeality on it's profile.

Overlord775 said:
Seventy96 said:
Have we ever seen a true Arceus?
no we haven't , but it was said that the lama is the physical form that true arceus used to interact with people,
Therefore, the real Arceus is more powerful than his avatar?

no we haven't , but it was said that the lama is the physical form that true arceus used to interact with people,

So list that in the profile

It was confirmed in Platinum that Arceus is just an avatar of the Original Spirit, the Original Spirit is practically the primal chaos where all things are one, and that is reinforced when it is said that all humans and pokemon are part of the same presence.

Arceus 1
Arceus 2
Arceus 3
Arceus 6

Let me check...

I think because that would make it at least 6-D.

Then again I don´t know very well how dimensions work, or even sure about it. Just considered myself that it was worth to mention.

I don´t know, I was bored an inserted that to see what would happen, as I´m not even sure about it and expected support to decide if it was or not.

Feel free to just ignore what I previously said.

Back