• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can a character scale from bond cosmologies (crossover multiverses) if it's canonically consistent?

this question came from the thread i made: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2374498.

i'm sure archie sonic and idw sonic share a multiverse through modern sonic, and i'm sure archie sonic, capcom and the exiles crossover is canon as well and i'm sure riverdale is a parallel reality from archie sonic..........

It depends on case-by-case. Though in general the crossover may be included in a single canon if every official side will prove it true, most of time the canon of the crossovers is pretty much on its own aka independent.

About Sonic: Ask the people, who are knowledgeable about its canons. I have zero knowledge on that.

Thanks for the input. ZaStando27 here is very confident that it is canon on all sides and has stressed this a lot. Now I'm not saying he's correct but just want you to know.

Even crossovers that are canon to the franchises tend to rescale the characters and settings involved to be more evenly matched, so preferably not.

Yeah, somewhat, it shows my point being displayed too, as antvasima said; it can scale, but *"preferably not"*

What makes the mods/admins so reluctant to rescale characters when it's shown that the Crossovers are canon to both franchises/verses?

Even when it follows the rules of Crossovers Within this Wiki (Like Many Of my Crossover Posts), there's heavy resistance towards it.

You know any other higher ups in this wiki that I can talk to On this little fiddle of a subject?

Well for one, most cosmologies are absolutely conflicting / contradictory to other ones, and most crossovers are clearly not to be taken with the logic of both verses.

There is also the issue that the versions of the characters in the crossover might not even follow the same cosmology's details to begin with. Like Arrowverse and normal DC or Megaman and Archie Megaman.

@Somebody Except? When They Are, Arrowverse actually follows string theory which is one of DC's cosmology assets, arrow-Verse is an alternate universe as well. I don't even know why you decided to bring that up. The Speed Force And Arrow-Verse Breaches Alone shows a relationship between the two. Not saying that Arrow-Verse alone is Infinite-Dimensional but? It already Scales to DC, it's established.

Chill Down, you're digging into it far more than the actual need Lmao, Megaman Is the real problem here, Archie Megaman is a part of capcom verse but it's established that it's canon to both Sonic and Megaman Franchises, Sonic's Side remembers it because of Nicole's dimensional memories, Archie Megamans Side does not because Megaman restores his world to a point where they forgot about the events completely, Wily's Memories Of Those Events Were Even Triggered By Eggman.

All in all, it is fiction, cosmologies can be unique and can follow several multiverse/dimensional theories as it wants, the terms Hyperversal And Outerversal Do Not Exist whatsoever in our field of logic, neither does infinite dimensional. But they are a thing in Fiction and to disregard that would be an appeal to reality fallacy.

Arrowverse is actually different, like, completely different in terms of cosmology. The only thing that's the same is string theory, however, Arrowverse isn't part of the DC multiverse as far as I'm aware, as they have their own versions of Earth 1 and 2. So no, it does not scale.

Chill down? Its not that I'm digging too far, its that you can't say that Megaman and Archie Megamans' cosmology are anything alike. Not sure what anything you said has to do with this point?

That's...? Literally not my point at all? I'm not appealing to reality, I'm saying the verses themselves contradict each other in that regard because they're not supposed to be taken as such. I believe Archie megaman and Archie Sonic is the exception, but other than that, everything else is simple crossover, nothing more.

@Antvasima he has a point but there's a flaw to that end as well

@SomebodyData

that contradicts your first argument tho, it is not completely different, the speed force is emphasized as being the source for time and beyond linear-time, theyare both also considered nirvana, as well as being cosmologically referenced to string theory. just because they have different earth 1 and 2's don't mean they can't scale, especially since timeline variety's are described in both, you make a good argument but assuming that earth 1 and 2 being different disregards any scale is a hasty generalization and a tu-quoque on your end.

they don't contradict eachother, it's not like one specifically states one is 4D and one is 10D, now that's far off completely and an outlier of unquantifiability, for example my idea of a good scale could be 6D-12D (above if given a quantifiable and graspable explanation is given and the canonicity is not one-sided or pure contradictory) verses being scalable since it can follow the laws of crossover in this wiki like the sort of adding a bill of rights to the constitution, Also; Archie Sonic And Image-Comics both agree on mathematical universes/multiverses and super-strings in fact; the cosmologies compliment eachother. what are you talking about?! lmao here. you need to specify.

capcom-verse, not megaman verse. i never stated so.

Back