• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calypso: Possible Acausality

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
If this goes through, I'll be one step closer to true happiness.

In Twister's ending in Twisted Metal 2, Amanda Watts (the driver of Twister) finds herself going backwards to the age of the dinosaurs, where she gets stomped flat by a T-rex. This clearly leaves a mark on the timeline of that game's universe, as her fossilized helmet is uncovered and put on display at the National Museum of History, becoming "an issue of worldwide debate" in the realm of science. Despite this, however, Calypso explicitly remembers where it came from and who it originally belonged to.

In Grasshopper's ending in Twisted Metal: Head-On, Krista Sparks (Calypso's daughter) wishes that the accident which killed her and her mother never happened. Calypso grants this in his usual roundabout way by changing past events so that the accident put her in a 15-year coma instead of killing her. Calypso remains completely unchanged, even referencing the fact that she had been angry and unstable prior to him granting her wish. ("Hopefully this will give you some peace until you're able to wake up.") This is actually kind of important, since the accident that killed her is the same accident that originally killed him in this game's timeline.

In Daniel Grimm's ending in the 2012 Twisted Metal game, Grimm asks to be sent back to save his father from a car accident. Yes car accidents are a recurring thing in this series, what the hell did you expect? Calypso sends him back to the moment before the crash, but leaves him at his current age, which results in a moment of confusion that leads to a completely different car accident. Grimm gets shot by his younger self afterwards.

In a later cutscene set after the events of TM2012's endings, one of the items we see inside Calypso's trophy case is the front license plate of the truck that Grimm's father was driving. (We also see numerous items taken from the endings of previous games, but those are probably just meant to be easter eggs if you ask me. Take their inclusion however you will.)

It is because of the little details in these four scenes that I believe Calypso should have Acausality. From what I can see, there's a fair amount of proof that he's not only unaffected by changes in the past, but is well aware of the events which happened prior to said changes. In multiple games.

I believe being immune to changes rather than your own death in time is acaulity.

But other than that, good.

Time Paradox Immunity is a sub-power of Acasuality.

I honestly get confused as to which of those powers applies to what, if I'm being real here.

Either-or is fine with me, though.

Actually.... Yeah, this seems like Acasuality, looking over these instances.

"So King your wish is for Calypso to have Acausality? Your wish is granted"

^ in other words I agree with this

Anywho, this seems to have been pretty unanimously accepted. Am I cleared to make the change to his profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back