• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calypso: (Even More) New Powers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
No clue why I didn't pick up on these the first time around.

In Sweet Tooth's ending in Twisted Metal: Head On, Calypso switches bodies with Needles Kane:

Twisted Metal Head-On - Sweet Tooth's Ending
Twisted Metal Head-On - Sweet Tooth's Ending

This wasn't intentional on his part, but it shows that he's capable of doing so with his powers.
In Cousin Eddy's ending in the same game, Calypso turn's Eddie's RV (which, strangely, is already souped-up beyond belief) into a 10x better vehicle:

Cousin Eddy - Twisted Metal Head-On
Cousin Eddy - Twisted Metal Head-O

These should be added to his page, but I dunno what they fall under. The second may be Technological Manipulation, but I'm not sure.

Calypso should also have Power Bestowal, thanks to the scene in Twisted Metal 2 where he granted Amanda Watts' vehicle the power to drive at the speed of light and travel through time:

Twisted Metal 2 - Twister's Ending HD
Twisted Metal 2 - Twister's Ending HD

Discuss.

The first one could probably be Possession, and Possible Type 6 by extension.

Maybe...

We got any other characters on the wiki who can switch bodies with people Freaky Friday style?

Hmmm. His is specifically Soul Manipulation, though.

Although looking at the effects in the TM ending, Calypso's could be that as well. Not entirely sure.

Well, Soul Manipulation is the method of bodyhoping, but in the end a bodyhop is a bodyhop.

True. Either way, Possession might be the safest thing to go with. Probably.

Bump

So Possession, (possible) Type 6 Immortality, Technological Manipulation and Power Bestowal?

Ehhh doesn't Calypso need to be like, able to use his Body Hopping when he dies to get Type 6?

Calypso clearly died after being shot multiple times by his guards.

Fair. No Type 6 then. (I was mostly just going off what someone else said, anyway.)

Yeah it isn't type 6 (Possession is good to go), Technological Manipulation looks fine.

The third one probably falls under Technological Manipulation too

Alright, so just Possession and Technological Manipulation then. Cool.

Am I cleared to make the changes?

Done. Left clarifications for each power in the profile, as well.

Feel free to close this now if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back