• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calypso vs Bugs Bunny (Grace)

Alright, before I vote. I'm just gonna say this:

- Plot hax seems to be a last resort option for Bugs, not something he would lead off with it seems.

- With Prior Knowledge, Calypso would know some of his abilities such as Morality/Empathic and BFR won't work and that Bugs would in fact be a dangerous opponent. He would also know to either incap Bugs or take away his abilities instantly and apply it to himself. It should be able to work out if he can take away the abilities of Minion (a Demon from hell who has similar powers to Calypso) and Mr Grimm (The Grim reaper of the verse). He can also negate Type 8 Immortality by affecting the entire planet to forget Bugs and his cartoon. All of his hax btw are done with a thought.

- Some of Bugs hax won't reach Calypso due to being Planet sized

- Supernatural luck seems to be greatly over exaggerated and is not as good as people make it out to be. The scans provided on his profile doesn't exactly make it a note worthy advantage in combat. Unless you have other scans of it being an actual useful, "super natural" ability that affects combat. And frankly, I don't even think it's "supernatural" at all.

I'll be waiting for the Bugs suppprters to arrive, feel free to correct me on things that I either missed or misinterpreted.

Hey Stalker, is it wrong of me to think that no one will comment on this thread? And that if I vote, there's a possibility of a FRA train happening?

Eh, not all of his hax are Multiversal in range right? Not like it matters if Calypso just takes it away and give it to himself.

much knowledge is considered prior knowledge? Does Calypso get a rundown of Bugs abilities or is it just "You're dealing with an extremely powerful rabbit>"

We can't really assume it's a Higher Plane of existence right? If it's like a different universe or if it's still bounded by the Cartoon world, then I think Calypso should be able to affect it. Could you give me some scans on where his type 8 originates from?

It's not really bounded by the cartoon world. I would honestly consider it a higher plane of existence but I don't know.

Does this wiki consider the real world as an actual higher plane of existence? I'd have to ask someone knowledgeable...

Regardless, Calypso can still just incap Bugs. So type 8 should not be an issue

Depends on what they start off with. Bugs abilities are said to stretch across all of existence so his range is FAR superior. Bugs could potentially just time stop and call it a day but i'm not too knowledgeable on what he usually does.

Calypso's range could be argued to be far higher since it hasn't been directly shown to have any set limits. He's mostly shown to change and warp the entire planet, but his powers can also affect the TM Black Universe and whatever the heck this is counted as. The range on his profiles doesn't connect to what you just said. Abilities such as Plot Manipulation, teleportation (supposedly Multiversal in range) and Time Stop would be universal I'd imagine, but I don't think he would lead off with that. Bugs in character I believe would try to outsmart and mess with his opponent, not realizing their true strengths. Plus as I said before, Calypso can take away all of these abilities, including Toon Force, and apply it to himself. Leaving Bugs powerless. That or he can incap just by thinking.

Hmm, I notice something about his type 8 that seems rather odd. It doesn't say he would come back if people remember him, only exist and not age. Unless "will exist" means he would come back from dying. Which I kinda doubt. Man, scans would really be nice right about now.

How potent is power absorption and whats the strongest being its worked on? The range is vague and it did say it can travel across planes of existence. Not too sure how it works myself. How would Calypso incap?

I guess I'll have to repeat myself from the first post lol. But anyway, going off from what I know he was able to steal the abilities of Minio (currently working on his profile) who is a demon from Hell that wields the same exact powers that he has. Because they all originated from Mr. Ash, or formerly Satan. The other instance is when he stole Mr. Grimms powers (the Grimm reaper of the verse) and bestowed it to someone else. If you are going to argue that it wouldn't work because Bugs is High 4-C compared to someone that is 5-A, then I should say that none of Bugs Reality Warping/Toon Force abilities has been shown to actually reach what Calypso has displayed. At least from what I've gathered from the profile. Bug's being able to travel across planes of existence doesn't mean all of his abilities should be able to do the same. That's not how it works. The profile states Standard Melee range to Unknow

TFSCell said:
How would Calypso incap?
Forgot to answer this, but looking at his profile again, it seems he doesn't resist planetary mind hax, sealing, and Possession. He can also teleport objects inside of Bugs, such as when Sweet Tooth had possession of his powers, he seemingly teleported every bugs in the world within a contestants lungs all with a thought

Thinking about it now, I think I'll vote for Calypso. Bugs lacks a lot of options

If Bugs gets sealed, hes 100% using plot manipulation. Either changing the way the fight ends to make it go his way, or just jumping out in general. Teleporting objects inside of Bugs wouldn't work either due to mid high. Also, we'd be starting with Super Bugs rather than regular Bugs.

Super Bugs won't matter if Calypso just takes it away. This goes for Plot Hax as that should tie in with his Reality Warping/Toon Force nature. He also doesn't resist Mind hax.

He actually does resist mind manipulation. Though the planetary hax is above his paygrade I think(unless that new rule gets cleared). Again, you shown that Calypso can take the powers of those comparable to himself, but not those who are far superior to him like Bugs is. Plus, does he resists Bugs mindhax?

I've already told you before that being High 4-C would not make you resist a certain ability, especially if they don't have resistance listed on their profile. I should also note that Calypso was 9-C when he stole Minions powers. He may resist but it wasn't something like what Calypso has displayed. So he should be affected. Calypso doesn't resist mind hax but there's an issue, it wouldn't reach him + Bugs likely wouldn't start off with it.

Yeah, I know. But, don't we treat some things like that. For example, a character with power null can only null the highest things they've shown to be able to null. All Bugs needs is eye contact for his mind manip to work, also need to check in on the type of resistance Bugs has. It scales from Elmer and Marvin I believe.

My main point was that if Bugs displayed lesser feats than someone like Calypso, then there is no reason that he wouldn't be able to take it away. He may be High 4-C but that shouldn't scale to his abilities in terms of its potency and range. Bugs kinda lacks range tho, I don't think he can mind hax in time before Calypso thinks.

Lesser feats? I wouldn't say that at all. Calypso's never shown the things Bugs is able to do. His abilites include manipulating episodes itself and interacting physically with animators and such. Hell, in some episodes he seems to be completely aware of everything going on within it. In some cases, he transformed the cartoon into a video game. What's Calypso more likely to lead with?

That... really doesn't answer the main question here. You are just listing things he's done with it that's already on the profile (mostly some 4th wall breaking shinnenagons), while I wanted proof that his powers are actually High 4-C or much higher than that. At best his powers would be comparable to Calypso. Which wouldn't be an issue since he can take it away and make it his own.

>Calypso's never shown the things Bugs is able to do

That's because he isn't a cartoon character with toon force abilities. This is a man who loves to screw with other people's desires and wishes. Although the main point is that his Reality Warping abilities are Planetary to possibly far higher, and going by with what you said, Bugs shouldn't be below that. Also, 4th wall breaking isn't beyond Calypso's grasp, he even has that listed on his profile lol. As for what he starts with, well I kinda already said what he would lead with before...

I would expect taking control of a cartoon which has shown to have constellations and such to be proof enough that his powers are High 4C.

The only thing i'd see working in his favor is mind hax. How potent is this 4th wall breaking?

Plus, Bugs is fighting a guy bigger than the earth itself. It's probably safe to say that he'd resort immediately to plot hax.

Ehh, I'm not sure if we could place down a tier or quantify that ability, otherwise Chowder would be High 3-A since he can eat a part of the timeline that is in fact the cartoon itself. Even if we do assume it's High 4-C, we can still apply Power Absorption to the argument since Calypso already demonstrated the ability to steal from a character from a significantly higher tier, it's not unreasonable to assume he could do the same to a character only a few tiers higher with no demonstrated resistances. Bugs also dosen't resist Mind hax and Possession, all of which are done with a thought. Nothing really prevents Calypso from doing that at all.

>Plus, Bugs is fighting a guy bigger than the earth itself. It's probably safe to say that he'd resort immediately to plot hax.

Only if he sees Calypso crushing the Earth, maybe. But again, Bugs standard tactics aren't defined and is inconsistent. And plot hax seems like a last resort.

Is Chowders cosmology even high 3A? I still believe we should only go by the highest point in who's power he had absorbed.

Bugs used plot hax when he saw a trai coming for him. Imagine if he see's someone who can crush the Earth by hugging it too hard.

I don't know, I was only using that as an example. Well like I said, it isn't unreasonable to assume he could after Bugs as well. Especially if it isn't High 4-C.

He didn't change events and make the train go poof, he escaped by cutting off the scene. Still plot hax, but he only used that to escape. Still, Calypso mind haxes before any of that stuff happens.

Yeah, but even then the chowder example shouldn't really contend with Bugs' feats. Even then, it is shown that Bugs abilities can reach these levels which is far higher than what Calypso absorbed.

Literally everything burned out and there was only a blank void. I could even argue that it was situational passive as it happened while Bugs was bound by the arms and legs.

Why shouldn't it contend? That's kinda unfair to say it shouldn't if it's the same ability that they both use. Generally verses cosmology are assumed to be 3-A to Low 2-C depending on the context. But the point is, plot hax is something you can't really quantify, and tiering doesn't always effect the hax resistance. Further more, Bug's range does not really correlate to what was said here, so either there would be a CRT to fix that or it would stay at Unknown. "Situational Passive"? What the fork is that. If it's activated, then it's probably not passive. The profile even implies that he has to activate it. Besides, Calypso isn't going to destroy the planet, that's not something he'd do. Rather, the abilities I mentioned before which Bugs seems to have no counter to.

Because, Bugs usage is generally far higher than Chowders. Situational passive is basically like passive. Except it only arrives when certain situations come up. For example, if Bugs felt threatened, his plot hax ability would cut the scene on its own accord. Its either that or thought based plot hax which would garuntee Bugs the win. Remember, he plot haxed because of a train. The moment he sees a planet sized Calypso he's going to abuse plot hax.

Of the abilities you've mentioned, the only one that'd work is mind hax. There could also be an argument for Bugs mind haxing Calypso. All he'd need is eye contact and Calypso would be under his control.

Back