• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So since we agreed with the previous notion of Cosmology split between Synder/Morrison, J.M. DeMattheis, and Gaiman/Carey. Then why not one for Williamson which may be implemented soon i the future.

Dimensions:
The dimensions seem to remain the same. They account for the standard view of the 11-D part of the Super-string Theory.

It's made unclear but even energy cannot be created or destroyed by 5D Imps. Meaning these dimensions are both geometrical and still refer to the Planes of Existence. (Dark Crisis: Young Justice Vol.1 #6)

Multiverse:

We know after the conclusion of Death Metal 7 that there was an infinite webstream of Multiverses out there making up the Greater Omniverse.

Essentially what this means is that there are no more boundaries such as the Orrery to separate these Universes that were closed off by the Greater Omniverse. This creates a set of finite-infinite possibilities.
This just means from wherever the Hands came from the Greater Omniverse seems to be in a higher status than those of the beings in the Multiverse. Which was slightly mentioned and touched by Metron during his conversation with the Chronicler.
  • It was slightly hinted by the Flashes that the Multiverse grew bigger from the original status it was in with Perpetua and Darkest Knight's twisted View of the last 52. (Infinite Frontier Vol.1 #0)
With that in mind, we can say that the Material Planes could vary from Low 2-C to 2-A.

Earth Omega and Elseworld:

From the previous notion of 52 grew new countless amounts of Earth including Earth-Omega.

• Earth-Omega as well as the new countless amount of Earth was the result of the Ascended Wonder Woman and the Hands remaking the Multiverse before Metal Wars. It was hinted that this Earth sits outside of the norm and was a fragment of the Darkness dormant since the First Crisis. (Infinite Frontier Vol.1 #6)
This is important because the whole goal was to create the previous notion of the Multiverse before the Crisis. As Multiverse-2 or the Pre-Crisis Multiverse was destroyed by the Anti-Monitor. It had been a carcass for the Gentry which would be gathered by the Empty Hand later on. (Infinite Frontier Vol.1 #6)

The Bleed and the House of Heroes:

The Bleed is an interdimensional membrane that separates the Universes. It's often regarded as a bulk that surrounds the Orrery and is the lifeblood of the Multiverse. (Justice League Incarnate Vol.1 #1)

• Within it is the House of Heroes. The pandimensional satellite that house all the greatest heroes in the Multiverse. It contains the Orrery of Worlds. (Dark Crisis: Dark Amry Vol.1 #1)

Entering the Orrery would mean that the Multiverse would get tainted. So they couldn't let Pariah's possession of the heroes get to it. (Dark Crisis: Dark Army Vol.1 #1)

Pariah Pre-Crisis Multiverse:

Pariah with the Monitor technology used the machine to control the Dark Army and use the heroes to fuel his goal of bringing back the Multiverse in its infinite vast form. (Dark Crisis: Dark Army Vol.1 #1 - Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #5)

• The thing with Pariah is that his power is not creating these Universes but the existence of the heroes. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #5)
Each of these worlds has the potential of fueled bombs of Crisis Energy. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #5). These worlds that Pariah built are a facet of the hero's imagination. He uses this to cause a chain reaction that spawned the possible infinite Earths. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #4)

In the end, both Multiverses were merged as a larger Multiverse connecting both worlds. Thus the Multiverse finally became infinite. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #7)

Dark Multiverse:

It wasn't really dwelled upon but the Dark Multiverse is connected with the rest under the Omniverse. That the Forges being in its epicenter is beneath the Orrery and has some of the most dangerous beings born of everyone's darkest fear.

The creatures from it almost sank Earth-0 into the ocean of fear. Where Barbatos was defeated and the Darkest Knight later on as well. (Justice League Incarnate Vol.1 #4)

So from what we gathered with the Multiverse. We can conclude that the Orrery still has a set number of Universes which is Low 2-C. The Multiverse as a whole now possessed its original status of infinite Earths which gives it a 2-A rating that includes all material planes.

Metaphysical Realms:

There isn't that much of a direct relation to what and how the Sphere works. So we have to conclude it works the same way, Synder intended. It's still a force of the Totality which is now used for communication. (Infinite Frontier Vol.1 #0)

The Sphere exists outside the Multiverse and dwarfs it in size. Due to larger superiority, it is given Low 1-C.

Monitor Sphere/Nil:

An archetypal realm outside the Multiverse. The resident there live in one of the worlds known as Nil where everything is more profound in nature. This is where forms and meaning surrender to the Overvoid in the place of pure nothingness where the narrative flow.

• Not much is mentioned of this place but was getting corrupted by the Darkness as everything else. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #5).

As it's superior to the Multiverse and follows the structure of the Universe. This is Low 1-C.

Dark Army:

The Dark Army is not the same as the servants of the Darkness. The Darkness is a force of nature and it just is and because of that isn't necessarily evil. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #5)

This is why when Pariah was erased his influence is still there. It corrupted Slade into taking his spot. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #7)

Light Council:

Not much is known about this Council. It's 7 mysterious entities of power that gave Amanda her stuff to defeat metahumans. May be linked to the animation of beings brought by Vandal Savage but unknown for now.

Whatever they are, they are important for how the Universe will be in. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #7)

Light of Creation/Overvoid:

The Light was the singular entity that preceded the Darkness before it. Their fight created the first Multiverse.

The energy then came to Doctor Light and help her with its power and vision to defeat the Darkness. As such the power that created Multiverse in which the Light powers became hers. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #7)

The Light is equal to the Darkness and created the Multiverse and all aspects of it including heroes are part of it. It may have a link to the Source and because of that is 1-C.

The Great Darkness:

The Great Darkness is the conceptual vision of a force of nature that resent pure Darkness. In the beginning, was only it when everything and nothing were the same thing. (Justice League Incarnate Vol.1 #4)

Due to it being superior to the Multiverse and Pariah managed to complete insane feats with just a fraction of its powers. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #7) It would be 1-C.

Divine Continuum:

This is the mystery behind the abbreviation of DC where it represent all form of reality in DC. Split into two factions one for Space(Omniverse) and Time(Hypertime). (Flashpoint: Beyond Vol.1 #5)

This is where all the fiction in DC is connected together by those two parts of a whole. (Supergirl: The Lost Children Vol.1 #4)

Omniverse:

The Omniverse is a sect of all the Multiverse and planes of space. Which encompasses all Universes and Materials throughout the Map and is linked by the Speed Force. (Flash Vol.1 #768)

However, what is most known of the Omniverse prior to Doctor Multiverse's interpretation may have been a fabricated lie. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths Vol.1 #4)

Hypertime:

Hypertime is collective strand of all continuity in the flow of Time. It connects all timelines in the Multiverse/Omniverse and can be splintered into sections. (Green Lantern Vol.6 #10) connected with the Speed Force.

Last edited:
Pretty good, but I'm not sure if the greater Omniverse where the Hands reside and operate and the D.C. Omniverse should be considered the same thing but more like the expansion of all of the main multiverse's space.

Pretty good, but I'm not sure if the greater Omniverse where the Hands reside and operate and the D.C. Omniverse should be considered the same thing but more like the expansion of all of the main multiverse's space.
That's essentially what I was trying to say. Although it's a little confusing but they should be technically the same but written slightly differently.

With that being said. I guess I could list the tiers for each part.
The Multiverse(merged and infinite): 2-A - Having merged all the Earth together to create one large Multiverse comprising of infinite Earths.
  • Orrery: Low 2-C - Houses the previous 52 Universes.
  • Bleedspace & House of Heroes: Low 2-C - Both are located relative to each other and contain the Orrery.
  • Pariah Multiverse: 2-B, possibly 2-A - Had used the heroes to power up his Earths. It was brief but was infinitely vast but it didn't come into fruition.
  • Dark Multiversen: 2-B, possibly 2-A - Contains possible infinite amounts of unknown Earths lost in the darkness of the Forges.

Sphere of Gods: Low 1-C - The metaphysical realm outside corporal reality. Dwarfs the Multiverse and is home to the gods fueled by belief and magic.

Monitor Sphere: Low 1-C - Last part before reaching the Greater Omniverse. Very edge of the Creation where form and meaning surrender to the Overvood.

Dark Army:

Empty Hand - 2-C

Godhood Darkseid - 2-C

Pariah
- 2-B, possibly 2-A

Light/Overvoid - 1-C

Doctor Light - 2-B, possibly 1-C

The Great Darkness - 1-C

Last edited:
Mine is sort of a stand-alone and specifically just the Cosmology of Dark Frontier but yours seems to make sense. It may upgrade all Multiversal beings by 1 tier.
It won't update them by 1 Tier. None of the multiversal characters except the Great Darkness and The Light should scale to the new omniversal configuration of the multiverse.

It won't update them by 1 Tier. None of the multiversal characters except the Great Darkness and The Light should scale to the new omniversal configuration of the multiverse.
I was confused because you said that the Unseen Council members are High 1-C in the sandbox.

This is from my sandbox.

New multiversal congiguration:​

Following Scott Snyder's Dark Nights: Death Metal, a new configuration of the multiverse emerged, with each iteration being restored and incorporated into a web of infinite multiverses constituting a "small" Omniverse within the Greater Omniverse, aligning with Morrison's early conceptualization of a multi-multiverse. One of these iterations is the Multiverse-2 which was revealed to be the Pre-Crisis Multiverse. There is no Source Wall in this new iteration of the multiverse, as The Hands had removed all boundaries within it, deeming them unnecessary, when recreating the main multiverse.

Another change in this new iteration of the multiverse is that two new Earths have emerged: Earth Omega and Elseworld, replacing the Earth-0 position as the center of the multiverse, each being opposite one another. Earth Omega is an obscure reality and a piece of the Great Darkness. Barry Allen had to traverse all 52 universes of the known multiverse gathering enough multiversal energy to enter Earth Omega and discovered that there were no vibrational frequencies in Earth Omega.

Finally, this new configuration of the multiverse is divided into two different aspects, "space" and "time" constituting the Divine Continuum which has been described as an abstract representation of existence. Space, otherwise known as the Omniverse, is split into the Multiverse, which itself splits into the Metaverse aka Prime Earth, the Dark Multiverse and the Sphere of the Gods. The space aspect has always been changing, being shaping around Prime Earth referred to the Metalverse. It was stated that the Omniverse is more conceptual at its core. Time, otherwise known as Hypertime, is split into Limbo and the Vanishing Point. It was stated that Hypertime is more emotional at its core as it perpetually changes due to a natural reaction to the events as well as to direct manipulations of the Timestream.

Oh! Yeah I see your confusion.... Sorry.. I started working on it when we agreed that the Hands should be High 1-C..
Although the interview was a bit wonky. Do you think that the creation story after Perpetua with the Presence means anything? Let's pretend that happened then we can include other beings from other cosmology. Unless we should save that only for the Holistic view of DC Cosmology.

Although the interview was a bit wonky. Do you think that the creation story after Perpetua with the Presence means anything? Let's pretend that happened then we can include other beings from other cosmology. Unless we should save that only for the Holistic view of DC Cosmology.
I think we should save that for an Holistic view of the DC Cosmology.

From what I've seen, there are a couple of pretty important differences. For instance, now the Darkness predates the Light. Although based on Lucifer vol.3 it shows it more like the Presence created the darkness to define itself, and in that sense still predates everything. However, Perpetua's role in things has more or less been sidelined which is a pretty big deal, and now all the villains are either puppets or avatars of the Great Darkness.

I think it could work, the differences aren't so big and it clearly borrows like 95% from Snyder and Morrison. I could see it either way.

I'm currently working on a sandbox draft regarding Morrison/Snyder/Williamson cosmology with arguments as to why we should add Williamson's work to that of Morrison and Snyder. I'll explain the reasons later.
Should we consider a new title for the cosmology? I know we refer to Gaiman/Carey as Vertigo, and I think Morrison/Snyder/Tynion/Williamson is a mouthful so perhaps a new name is in order, perhaps "Crisis Cosmology?"

Should we consider a new title for the cosmology? I know we refer to Gaiman/Carey as Vertigo, and I think Morrison/Snyder/Tynion/Williamson is a mouthful so perhaps a new name is in order, perhaps "Crisis Cosmology?"

Amalgamation Cosmology?​

I know it sounds bad but that's my suggestion.

Last edited:
Homogenize Cosmology?

Alagmate Cosmology?

Comingle Cosmology?

Interfused Cosmology?

Coalesce Cosmology?

Admix Cosmology?

Emulsify Cosmology?

Possible suggestion.

What about: "The Multiversity Cosmology" or The Extended Multiversity Cosmology"? I know that Multiversity is a story from Grant Morrison, but Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV and Joshua Williamson built their entire cosmology upon that story from Grant Morrison other than Final Crisis. Multiversity also played a very huge part for the DC Cosmology with its Map of the Multiverse. Scott Snyder expended the Map of the Multiverse with the Dark Multiverse, the Sixth Dimension, Perpetua and the Omniverse and Joshua Williamson added the Light and the Great Darkness.

Last edited:
What about: "The Multiversity Cosmology" or The Extended Multiversity Cosmology"? I know that Multiversity is a story from Grant Morrison, but Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV and Joshua Williamson built their entire cosmology upon that story from Grant Morrison other than Final Crisis. Multiversity also played a very huge part for the DC Cosmology with its Map of the Multiverse. Scott Snyder expended the Map of the Multiverse with the Dark Multiverse, the Sixth Dimension, Perpetua and the Omniverse and Joshua Williamson added the Light and the Great Darkness.
Not bad, although I believe my suggestion were better. I think your is safe from my awesome suggestions.

I think Multiversity Cosmology is feasible. Maybe a bit too Morrison-centric though. I do think Crisis Cosmology is a good fit given that the key elements are all tied to the mainstream crisis events.

I think Multiversity Cosmology is feasible. Maybe a bit too Morrison-centric though. I do think Crisis Cosmology is a good fit given that the key elements are all tied to the mainstream crisis events.
What about Extended Multiversity Cosmology? If anything, Crisis Cosmology is fine. Scott Snyder and Joshua Williamson's work are Morrison-centric though. 😆

Thank sir 🙏 , but why is it now in tier low1c ?? Maybe because the dimensions do not correspond to the spatial dimensions?
Individually they're not connected to any spatial-temporal dimensions. More so stems from a lot of theories ranging from string to m-theory. There have been mentions of it in older works but they don't link up very well nor connect from those stories with new evidence. Remember this isn't just Grant but Synder.

Last edited:
Inside the Multiverse probably at best 8-D. The whole maybe 10-11.
The 8-D stuff wasn't yet accepted. The thread regarding the 8-D loop and the 8-D maze would be reopened after the currently accepted tiers were applied to the characters. 😉

If accepted, then the Extented Multiversity/Crisis Cosmology would be 8-D.

The 8-D stuff wasn't yet accepted. The thread regarding the 8-D loop and the 8-D maze would be reopened after the currently accepted tiers were applied to the characters. 😉

If accepted, then the Extented Multiversity/Crisis Cosmology would be 8-D.
This is assuming he thinks we already accepted the changes but yes.

This is assuming he thinks we already accepted the changes but yes.
Most agreed, but let's not jump to conclusions too soon. If anything, LuciferX suggests that the 8-D stuffs should apply to Allen Adam and the beings above him, as it is not stated where the 8-D Loop and the 8-D Maze are located in the cosmology. I personally agree with this but anyway.

I am fine with either "Extended Multiversity Cosmology" or "MSTW Cosmology", as it works fine for the practical issues of succinct descriptive wording and workable length for statistic keys.

Isn't having so many cosmologies for a single verse a little silly?
Like 3 or 4 is fine. But like 7 or 8? I think some of those should be composited with other already tiered cosmologies.

Back