• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calculation Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna calc that for ya.

Russia area = 17099101.5 km^2

Russia average elevation = 0.6 km

0.6 * 17099101.5 = 10259460.9 km^3 or 1.02594609e+22 cubic cm

I'll use frag as a low end and violent frag as a high end.

1.02594609e+22 * 8 = 8.20756872e+22 joules or 19.616560038240915986 teratons of TNT, Country level

1.02594609e+22 * 69 = 7.079028021e+23 joules or 169.19283032982792747 teratons of TNT, Large Country level

Since im almost done with most calcs thing, this is the only thing left and request for an upcoming character.

Here is the description of what he exactly did:

He, with a swing of his arm, striked multiple 5 inch steel walls around the room of his lab, doing humongous damage to the area. This incredibly severed the building, and when he was done, he jumped out of the 2 floor building with ease, and this caused it to collapse completely

In case anyone wants the measures of the area around, the room was around 250 square feet, and other rooms of similar size were connecting with this one to complete the first floor, exactly 4 in the first floor. In the second floor there were 4 too, so this completes the building. Remember each wall of this building is 5 inch stainless steel, including inside ones.

Well. A big reason why I don't often do calc requests on here is because people become disappointed if the results are against what they want.

Hence the blog. I'd rather just let people take the result they actually want than use time calcing for them so they say "hah lol nah i want my character to be this tier". Saves a lot of time.

Yeah... Though, honestly, to those who would want to rig calcs, let me give you a bit of advice I gave to mark, that opened the gates for 7-B SAO Tabletop...

yeaaaaaaaah no
uh

find sum numbers to make it 8-A or 7-C or smth :V

~ Mark​
aw
Legit though if we're going to rig values we've kinda drained out half the fu

~ me​
well in the first place I kiiinda don't know what I'm doing, lol
~ Mark​
As I said we've kinda drained out half the fu
Half the fun being people not knowing how big numbers get and having 7-A SAO on our hands

~ My wise words to all who would Rig calcs​
Just have fun with the big numbers. You should be worried about writing and character arcs instead of power levels, after all, as the Great Lord Nux would tell you, "Being Overpowered is a stat, not a Character Trait."

And while being consistent with tiering is a noble goal, as I can attest to with Jack of All Trades, and overpoweredness is perfectly okay if you understand it's not strictly about the power, as I can also attest to, it shouldn't be the main focus to be an OP character for the tier.

I'll outright say it, while Hobo Solos is a fun meme, I can think of many characters on both sites that would absolutely annihilate Jack Alsandair in even his strongest and yet to be added Key, of 2-A.

But, I don't take it personally. I wish to be the world's strongest writer, not the writer with the ability to make characters that are powerful.

World's strongest writer
~ DMUA​
my guy Terry Pratchett will rise from the grave and write Discworld on yeh

All I did was watch a ton of YouTube and hang around friends

I need a calc of Nightmaricus busting Isla Ultima. Keep in mind, he did this with one output of energy.

Ultima scale
The size.

I have two requests for feats that I would like to be calced, both of them are for my character Jake Caster

1: Jake's feat of shattering multiple Transylvanian mountains in his fight with Dracula

2: Jake's feat of shaking the entirety of Arkwood City in his fight with Depowered Izreldan

For Feat #1, some info that might help: the Transylvainian mountains, also known as the Southern Carpathians, have average heights of 1,500―1,750 meters, and the mountains were described as "shattered" so regular Fragmentation should be okay, a Violent Fragmention high-end of the calc is welcome but optional

For feat #2, some info that might help: Arkwood City was based off of New York City, and it was noted that the entire city was shaking as a result of the fight, so New York City's total size of 783.83 square km should be used

I would be very grateful if someone helped me with figuring out exactly where these feats would place Jake Caster

Thank you :)

Are the Mountians made mostly of stone?

Important in order to find out JJ/C

Also, total area, not just height, would be needed.

Intensity of the shake?

Uninown said:
Since im almost done with most calcs thing, this is the only thing left and request for an upcoming character.

He, with a swing of his arm, striked multiple 5 inch steel walls around the room of his lab, doing humongous damage to the area. This incredibly severed the building, and when he was done, he jumped out of the 2 floor building with ease, and this caused it to collapse completely

In case anyone wants the measures of the area around, the room was around 250 square feet, and other rooms of similar size were connecting with this one to complete the first floor, exactly 4 in the first floor. In the second floor there were 4 too, so this completes the building. Remember each wall of this building is 5 inch stainless steel, including inside ones.
bump

DMUA said:
Are the Mountians made mostly of stone?
Important in order to find out JJ/C

Also, total area, not just height, would be needed.

Intensity of the shake?
Yes, after further research, I found that the Southern Carpathians are not comprised of anything special like Iron or Obsidian etc. just regular stone.

In particular, the Bucegi Mountains are closest to Transylvainia, so it's likely that Jake fought Dracula here. The total area of the Bucegi Mountains is 300 km^2, and considering that Jake and Dracula's clash destroyed several mountains instead of just one, this measurement would be accurate to the total destruction caused.

As for the intensity of the shaking caused by Jake and Izreldan's fight, the quaking was noted as "feeling like a 4.5 Earthquake". The shaking was intense enough that it was felt across the entire city and everyone knew something was going down, but it was not powerful enough that buildings collapsed or anyone got hurt. It is worth noting that both parties were holding back for the specific purpose of not endangering anyone in the populated city, so 4.5 Intensity is a lowball and it's likely that Jake could cause more powerful quaking but to an unknown degree.

I hope this helps you :)

Well, we'd also need to find out the empty space, consider air is a bit easier to fragment then rock.

Reichter or Mircalle or however the fork it's spelled?

The Mainsite has this sucker, which opperates on Mircalle or however the fork it's spelled. Is the city around the same size as Alabama, which I believe these values assume are the AOE considering they use this

Okay, well from what I researched, the Bucegi Mountains do not have any caves in them, so they're solid all the way through, plus I probably should have mentioned that the fight in question took place during the 1400's when Dracula was at his peak, this was the reason why they fought in the first place. Mephisto created Dracula, he quickly displayed that he wasn't interested in helping people and was only a menace, Mephisto sent Jake to kill him and the kid succeeded.

In short, even if there were caves today for tourism purposes, the fight took place way before caves would have formed or been dug out, so the mountains would be pretty solid.

I also know about the Radiated Waves scale, but that only functions for Intensity alone, it does factor in the area that was shook, which is what I am trying to figure out here, 4.5 was the explicit Intensity given, but it was spread out over 784 Square Kilometers, which is definitely higher than just 8-B+

No, like I mean gaps between Mountians, since it's not just a single mountain, there's probably a bit of extra space.

Ohhhh I see what you mean.

Well this is a picture of the actual mountains:

Muntii Bucegi vazuti de pe Postavaru

And this is a 3d Model of the Bucegi Mountains:

Masivul Bucegi

I'm not sure if this can help in any way, but I could only find the total area, there's no info on the gaps between.

I'll be honest, my taking a crack at it has kinda been a bit put off for a bit.

Right... The best way to do it from my understanding would be to treat the mountians like a Cylinder

Or, no, better idea, treat the whole thing as a rectangle, take the Cylinder bit out of it's mass, then work on it from there.

That of course requires my favorite hatred pixel scaling which may or may not go horribly wrong

This'll be tough

I apologize for the trouble.

I hope that you can complete them but if not it's okay.

TBH I guestimated in my head that Jake would be around Low 7-C or so from his high end feats, I dunno maybe I could place him as such with the justifications there are now, I mean he's got "destroying small mountains" and "shaking an entire city" as feats already, I just didn't want to put him at a sub-tier like Low 7-C without a calc to put him there, but again, if you cannot complete the calcs it's completely okay.

@DMUA Mountains are best treated as pyramids, actually. Or cones, your choice, depends on how regular the base of it is.

I mean, look at the 3D model, it's not really a pyramid.

The picture is what I was referring to, but yeah going off the 3-D model it's gonna be inaccurate but there's no good answer to that

Eh, okay, but since this isnt just one mountain, rather a range, Rectangle might be the best, even though I can't really deal with empty space.

If a character whoose strongest punches manages to shake the whole Earth and cause a global malfunction in all GPSes, where does that put him? At 5-B? 5-C? Lower?

High 6-C is baseline for shaking the Earth.

Uninown said:

bump

So once a calc is made, does it need to be verified in another thread like on Vs Battles or can it be applied right off the bat?

There aren't any rules about it here, but as of now, we don't need any verification before application. Having people check the calc is always good though.

Through just depends on timeframe, destroying the atmosphere is worth a lot more (generally High 6-A).

The Christian Nerd said:
Can someone calculate how much energy it requires to burst through the atmosphere?
Screen Shot 2018-09-15 at 1.10.21 PM
I'm pretty sure its High 6-A. I cannot sure it but i once saw it was High 6-A with some atmosphere thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back