• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calculation Requests Thread - 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Yobobojojo You have a number, or at least an assumption, of how much area did the storm cover? Because I don't know anything about that verse, nor the location of the feat.

@Spinosaurus Looking back, the moon is pretty small. I can't give an exact size, I'm thinking it might be mountain sized, possibly smaller. I posted links to a video that shows the moon, so you can have a look.

(Copy and Pasted from last thread with very minor changes)
  • Importance/Priority: 2 (Scales to all but one of the characters at Tier 7 in the verse)
  • Name of the Verse/Character: Dungeons and Dragons
  • Brief Feat Description: Requesting for a redo of a calculation on this blog as multiple people including the writer (which I have been led to believe) have deemed it faulty. The calc in question having to do with the energy output of a high tier dragon's breath attack. Also, if said calc is found out not to be faulty, then you can check the other calculations for any faultiness.
Bumping

Priority: 3 (Likely very few calculations would benefit from this)

Verse: The Real World

Feat: I was wondering if it was possible to calculate the shear strength or compressive strength of a hypothetical substance called Neutronium. I have no idea how to go about calculating this.

Well rotating and frames doesn't matter here; time does. Timeframe is half of a speed feat, next to distance.

Relevant frames isn't enough to calc the feat, because we can barely tell the planet rotated.

IKR. The problem is the scene is not in realtime. The only way to determine the actual time elapsed is finding how much the earth rotated.

Liger686 said:
Priority: 3 (Likely very few calculations would benefit from this)

Verse: The Real World

Feat: I was wondering if it was possible to calculate the shear strength or compressive strength of a hypothetical substance called Neutronium. I have no idea how to go about calculating this.

Priority: 1 (Applies to the only two relevant people in the verse)

Verse: Inuyashiki

Feat: Inuyashiki runs a simulation of what would happen if he blew himself up to stop the asteroid from crashing into the planet, and eventually does it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/7h7mf

Here's the feat in the manga. The blast should presumably take a second or two to spread the rocks out as far as it did.

That image seems to inflate the asteroid's size. I really doubt it is as long as the Earth.

I don't see why it wouldn't be that big, him and Shishigami discuss not too long before that scene that the aliens said weeks ago "Remember, they said that we had the power to destroy the planet."

Okay, so I looked at the calcs, and the only thing I noticed is that the calculation based the size of the asteroid on how big a character stated it would be. The reason this, I would say, is kind of flimsy, is because the first time the asteroid was mentioned, it was stated to be thirty miles wide, and the second time the asteroid's size was talked about, it said to be five times larger than the one that caused the dinosaur's extinction, and then we get down to the point of actually seeing the asteroid, and either in the manga or the anime, it looks bigger than either description, even after Shishigami has already blew himself up. Not only that, but the fragments in simulation shows that they fly out much wider than the length of the Earth, though I think the anime didn't show it fragmenting in the same manner.

The reason I think it being almost as big as the planet after half of it has been blown up already is because of Shishigami saying that they had the power to obliterate the Earth, but it would only budge the rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back