• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calculation Requests II

I still have a hard time visualizing it with just the description above, admittedly. That said, it is definitely at least around the speed of lightning, and probably less than the value calculated for the last feat. With that in mind, I would probably just call it some form of Massively Hypersonic+ and call it a day, to be honest.

Nice and what about the storm calc I asked for? What is makeing a average rainstorm and after they make it in a unknown amount of time as they made it off screen and said they made the rainstorm

That would just be CAPE.

Assuming the horizon is 4.7 kilometers away (as per the viewing distance for a 1.75 meter tall person), the area of the storm would be 6.94e+7 meters, and with a cloud height of 8000 m the total cloud volume would be 5.552e+11 m^3. Assuming strong (but not tornado level) instability (4000 J/kg), and you would get 2.2208e+15 Joules, or 530.78 Kilotons of TNT.

I still can't assume how far it goes past that with that alone being the point of reference, nor is anything past that calculable given the circumstances you've handed me.

I wouldn't be able to tell you off the cuff. Condensation calcs weren't a thing around the time I left the main site...

>4.7 KM

the future is now, old man

20 KM is usually the horizon considering clouds are visible from way further away since they're a bit off the ground

Condensation is a matter of 2264705 j/kg, with the note in mind that Kilograms is just the water content, which for a Cumulonimbus is 1-3 grams per meter

ThePerpetual said:
I still have a hard time visualizing it with just the description above, admittedly. That said, it is definitely at least around the speed of lightning, and probably less than the value calculated for the last feat. With that in mind, I would probably just call it some form of Massively Hypersonic+ and call it a day, to be honest.
Fair enough i guess,well thanks for all by far

That actually reminds me for the FoE stuff cloud level is near consistent for the most part and only the highest of mountains peak past it. Ponies living above the clouds want nothing to do with the land bellow. Still don't know the exact distance between them but still.

"20 KM is usually the horizon considering clouds are visible from way further away since they're a bit off the ground"

...I definitely feel like I knew that at one point

More specifically, 19.6 km was the radius we assumed at one point, I think. Since nothing else about the equation would change, I can just multiply the r in ¤Çr^2 by (19.6/4.7) = ~4.17, and thus the other result by 4.17^2, to get 3.8617e+16 Joules, or ~9.23 Megatons of TNT.

That better, @Spinoirr, @DMUA?

Not in the slightest

KE application for a minute is only baseline

1)tier for ripping/splitting a planet in half ?

2)tier for creating tornadoes on a whole wasteland?(the size of the wasteland is about as big as an island at max)

3)tier for shattering an iceberg like glass?(its mountain sized at max)

Ripping/splitting a planet in half. Ummm... I think I remember from some calculations that If it's the size of the Moon I think that's High 6-A? For one the size of the Earth then I believe it's Low 5-B?

...WHY

Also how much will it take to create a new Grand Canyon, but with a slash from magnet waifu, without using her magnet sword's properties (so in other words the sheer power of slicing / electrical blade beam, though it would be plausible for the sword slash itself to be more powerful than the beam). If we need a timeframe, tenth of a second

Before I go to bed, I just want to know the results of causing an explosion that takes up the entirety of a twenty By twenty foot metal room and cause the ceiling to collapse as a result? If you need any more details then inform me I guess.

Also what would be shaving half the crust of a mars sized planet then throwing the violently fraged peices of the planet to the moon then back down in 4 seconds

He shaved the planet this fast: 0.21364955468c

Smashtwig said:
Also how much will it take to create a new Grand Canyon, but with a slash from magnet waifu, without using her magnet sword's properties (so in other words the sheer power of slicing / electrical blade beam, though it would be plausible for the sword slash itself to be more powerful than the beam). If we need a timeframe, tenth of a second
The grand Canyon is 446,000 meters long, 29,000 meters wide, and 1,857 meters deep, making for a volume of 2.4018438e+13 meters

Density of stone is 2700 KG/M, making the mass 6.4849783e+16 Kilograms

Both halves would cross a distance of 14500 meters, divided by .1 would make for 145000 meters per second, Mach 422.740524781

.5 times 6.4849783e+16 times 145000^2 is....

6.8173334e+26 Joules, 162.938179682 Petatons, Multi Continent level

BlackDarkness679 said:
1)tier for ripping/splitting a planet in half ?

2)tier for creating tornadoes on a whole wasteland?(the size of the wasteland is about as big as an island at max)

3)tier for shattering an iceberg like glass?(its mountain sized at max)

Yeah I'm wondering what is taking so Long, surely there are people that can calc these calcs that need to be calced

@BlackDarkness

1: What timeframe, and what distance?

2: Using Rhode Island's area, 5.89 J/kg for moderate tornado instability, and 8000 m for cloud height, I give you 1.2845e+17 Joules, or 30.7 Megatons of TNT.

3. "Mountain sized" Okay, so at minimum a radius of 610 meters (assuming 45 degree slope, also its height)

I'll include a mid-end of 1000 meters (a bit larger) and a high end of 2000 meters (a pretty decent-sized mountai)

Low-End: 2.3769e+14 cc * 0.825 J/cc (for violent fragmentation of ice) = 1.9609e+14 Joules, or 46.87 Kilotons of TNT

Mid-End: 1.0472e+15 cc * 0.825 J/cc = 8.6394e+14 Joules, or 206.49 Kilotons of TNT

High-End: 8.3776e+15 cc * 0.825 J/cc = 6.9115e+15 Joules, or 1.65 Megatons of TNT

Ok if turning the Earth's mass to energy is Small Star level+ then what about the other planets in the solar system and pluto

ThePerpetual said:
@BlackDarkness

1: What timeframe, and what distance?

2: Using Rhode Island's area, 5.89 J/kg for moderate tornado instability, and 8000 m for cloud height, I give you 1.2845e+17 Joules, or 30.7 Megatons of TNT.

3. "Mountain sized" Okay, so at minimum a radius of 610 meters (assuming 45 degree slope, also its height)

I'll include a mid-end of 1000 meters (a bit larger) and a high end of 2000 meters (a pretty decent-sized mountai)

Low-End: 2.3769e+14 cc * 0.825 J/cc (for violent fragmentation of ice) = 1.9609e+14 Joules, or 46.87 Kilotons of TNT

Mid-End: 1.0472e+15 cc * 0.825 J/cc = 8.6394e+14 Joules, or 206.49 Kilotons of TNT

High-End: 8.3776e+15 cc * 0.825 J/cc = 6.9115e+15 Joules, or 1.65 Megatons of TNT
1)what you mean by distance?for timeframe about 3 seconds

2)so city level right?

3)so town,large town and city for the 3 cases?

1) Like, far enough apart that, if you were in space, you would be visibly able to see the tear?

2) That is City level, yeah.

3) The last of those is Small City level, not City level, but yes.

IMG 20190427 134245
The planet is the same size as earth, it got cut in half (just pretend the prices are the same size) and it 3 seconds to them to split like that (the planet is in the middle for reference)

Because it isn't earth it may have a different density

Low: it has the same gravity as mars

Mid: same gravity as earth

High: ten times the earth's gravity

Back