• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calculation Requests II

@Spinoirr, from the looks of things yours is pretty clear cut, with the distance each half of the earth moved being just half of the Earth's diameter of 12742 km (6371 km), and given the timeframe of 3 seconds, that's effectively just moving the whole mass of earth at (6371000 / 3) = 2123666.7 m/s. The Mass of the Earth is 5.972e+24 kg, so plug these into a KE calculator, and you'll get...

1.3467e+37 Joules, or 3.22 Ninatons of TNT: relatively high Large Planet level (about one-fifth of baseline Dwarf Star level.)

Got 3 more feats i want a calc for

1)shattering the european continent in small pieces

2)splitting an ocean to make a path to walk through

3)vaporize the entire snow from Canada

I expected the snow and water one to be a little higher

Europe one i thought it would be continent or something that high it leads fragmentation?

Also thanks man for calcing them

I did too.

Europe would probably be Large Country+ to Continent if I used normal Fragmentation, I think, I mostly just imagined "small" pieces relative to the attacker/person

Raven in her base form made a Antimatter explosion the size of a human but the explosion is 2 humans long and with magic she made a Antimatter explosion the size of a 1 story house

In Break Away a ghost known as The Winter Widower created a storm that had a 150 miles radius by crying. Like as soon as he started crying the storm was formed. We don't know exactly how high up the clouds are. But I can imagine the storm looking like this (It's where I kinda got the idea from) except when you're inside of the storm it's so foggy that you can litterally only see like less than ten metres away.

This storm was formed over the south eastern parts of Swamiland which is a nation inspired by Finland and in it happened on Halloween. The average temperature in southeast Finland is around five to nine degrees celsius and the temperatures dropped by around 20 degrees celsius.

If you have any other questions before you calculate this don't be afraid to ask. :3

Cumulonimbuses are 8000 meters tall, 150 miles is 241402 meters.

Pi times 8000 times 241402^2 is 1.4646086e+15 meters cubed

Water content in these clouds is like, 1-3 grams per meter, so that's 1.4646086e+15 grams, 1.4646086e+12 Kilograms

Times 2264705 is....

3.3169064e+18 Joules, 792.759660484 Megatons, Mountain level+

Oh. Not even close to being anywhere as high as that Island Level feat.

It's fine tho. Thanks for calculating.

Actually I'll ask for this island level feat to see if I got it correct. I'm pretty sure it's island level but on a pretty low scale. But I'll ask just in case.

Basically the main character Donnie once sliced her way through a giant once and just one shot it. The giant punched onto the ground so hard that it caused an explosion this big. The explosion didn't demolish any land. But it did demolish grass (Like turning it into dirt) and wiping snow off the mountains. Also the explosion wasn't nuclear.

That picture doesn't exactly give a sense of scale to what happened

Map destruction by peppypony dd6b11t-pre
The explosion is 758 pixels in diameter, 379 pixels in radius

10 miles is 90 pixels, which makes every 9 pixels a mile

This makes the blast radius 42.1111111111 miles, which translates to 67771.26399998213 meters

67771.26399998213^3*((27136*1.37895 + 8649)^(1/2)/13568 - 93/13568)^2 makes for....

25016253689.8 Tons, 25.0162536898 Gigatons, Island level

More strw calcs: Punching a concrete pillar that holds up a bridge and smashing it into pieces

Landing on the ground so hard with his shield that he made a 20 meter hole in the ground (the ground is dirt)

Here's this agai, @Spinoirr. I'm going to have to stop calcing for you exclusively with how much I've done for you, though, so don't expect me to do much more of yours for quite some time.

Can someone calculate the force it would take to crush a M1911 handgun into a 3 inch in diameter sphere of metal?

And the energy needed to break down a light pole with a punch

ThePerpetual said:
Here's this agai, @Spinoirr. I'm going to have to stop calcing for you exclusively with how much I've done for you, though, so don't expect me to do much more of yours for quite some time.
Ok and it always semes like you and DMUA do calcs here

Thing2
So that thing with red outlines. The rectangle is Alice and her team's house. The tall structure right next to it is a clock tower which is 30 metres high. The blue line is an arrow from a skeleton. The skeleton was trying to hit Alice, but she managed to kick the arrow towards the tower. As soon as the arrow hit the tower, there was a shockwave which caused the tower to fall over. Could anyone calculate that for me?

@JohnConquest What kind of room was this? Can you give a little more context? Might help me require fewer assumptions.

@ThePerpetual It took place in an abandoned Police Station. They were on the second floor of a 4 story building and its described later on that that blast took out that side of the station.

So this would put Littlepips regular durability and this weapon in 8-A I am dumb 8-C range if I'm reading this right. This kinda makes things weird in regards to the series FiM relations. I need to rewatch the 1st season to see if theres anything there besides the rainboom.

I'm probably going to revisit it some time later, since assuming clay brick shot the values way up. (At least 9-A Durability is more consistent now?) Just posting now so you're aware.

Yeah 9-A is pretty consistent for most characters I feel. I've reread the ending of the story and there seems to be more things that would fall under that. Been taking the time to take excerpts for the verse page that may further cement some things. I'm pretty sure if they were calc'd they'd further support 9-A.

Sorry I feel like I'm asking too much here (IDK I don't think I've asked as much as Spinoirr has).

But since that tower falling feat is impossible to figure out. Lemme ask for another feat. King Flareflesh is capable of making an entire floor made to stone bricks fall into a lava pit underneath by just shouting "GROUND FALL!" as a magic spell. The floor area is shaped like a circle and it's a 30 metre radius. The only parts of the floor that doesn't fall is the area that is surrounded by a invisible wall and here is a photo of that here. It's four metres from one side of the wall to the other.

Battlefield
When he's going berserk, he makes the entire floor fall still excluding the area surrounded by the invisible wall and it only happens in just ten seconds.

When he's not going berserk. He makes the same area as when he's going berserk fall except for one area which is one metre squared and here it takes 30 seconds instead.

I managed to do some of the calculations (Hopefully that makes your job a little easier). So in conclusion.

When he's not berserk, he causes a floor made of stone bricks which has an area of 2806.1 m┬▓ to fall in 30 seconds.

When he is berserk, he causes a floor made of stone bricks bricks which has an area of 2807.1 m┬▓ to fall in only 10 seconds.

Sooo what tier is he when he's not berserk and what tier is when he is beserk? This could be used to scale to many Break Away characters including the main characters, but only in Season 1.

Let's assume this
Well I found this online. I think it's saying that it varies between 1.25 inches to 1.375 inches. I'm just gonna assume it's 1.3125 inches since that's the median number. I wonder how the floor stays up if there is lava underneath? Oh wait he has magic, you can do anything with magic really (All magic users are omnipotent. JK. ;P) Let's just say he uses his gravity magic to keep them from falling.

Peppypony said:
Let's assume this
Well I found this online. I think it's saying that it varies between 1.25 inches to 1.375 inches. I'm just gonna assume it's 1.3125 inches since that's the median number. I wonder how the floor stays up if there is lava underneath? Oh wait he has magic, you can do anything with magic really (All magic users are omnipotent. JK. ;P) Let's just say he uses his gravity magic to keep them from falling.

Back