• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calc stacking and Undertale downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe just their AP and durability. They are scaled from Papyrus IIRC. The speed is from Napstablook I think.

So counting me it seems there's actually 6 people here who support this.

How many do we need to put this in effect?

It might not technically be calc stacking, but its the same general idea. I agree with the removal of it.

I'm for the removal as well. It's technically not "calc stacking" but it follows the same principle

There's Tsunderplane but using your method it'd come out to Building level most likely. IMO it's a bit more consistent with Overworld feats (Undyne breaking boulders and such) so yeah

Yes, it is calc stacking,

If you know any more examples of something like this on the wiki, please point them out.

IDK if Tsunderplane can really count though. We know they're bombs but we don't know how powerful they are until someone calcs them. Assuming they're all MOABs isn't exactly a good way of thinking.

We can calc them based on the one assumption that Frisk's heart = Frisk's height, that's all we need really.

Then find various bombs the US military uses and go on that. Possibly an average or a low-end of the energy of those bombs.

If we go under the assumption that Frisk's soul = Frisk's height we could find what would be needed to generate a fireball the size of the battle-board and use that as an absolute high-end.

Now that we have reached consensus, can we temporarily edit the profiles to their previous values and then we can discuss TP's power in another thread?

This is a quick calc for Vulkin's lightning as suggested by Imago

Frisk's Height - 1.22 m

Frisk's Weight - 41.5037 kg. (assuming Frisk is female) 39.9161 kg. (assuming Frisk is male)

http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/height-weight-teens.shtml (source for that)

http://www.cato.eu/body-surface-area-children-1.html

Low End Surface Area - 1.1643 m^2

High End Surface Area - 1.1787 m^2

Temperature of Lightning - 29999 Kelvin (according to Google)

http://www.endmemo.com/physics/radenergy.php

Using emissivity of 0.9 (as suggested by Imago)

Low End - 48119109074.098 J/s or 11.05 tons of TNT

High End - 48714243636.21 J/s or 11.6 tons of TNT

Since the attack lasts about 2 seconds that'd be multiplied by 2 presumably, giving 22.1 tons of TNT for the low end and 23.2 tons of TNT for the high-end. Either way it's City-Block level Undertale, the justification just needs to be changed.

Even if he did it's still gaining KE from a speed feat which is rarely ever used except in the case of large monstrous creatures like dragons and giants

LordXcano said:
Even if he did it's still gaining KE from a speed feat which is rarely ever used except in the case of large monstrous creatures like dragons and giants
Being rarely used does not make something entirely unusable, though. If the result is still significantly greater than other calcs not using it, then I don't see why it should be ignored.

Except for the fact that if the result is far greater than the other calcs that means it is most likely an outlier on top of it being very difficult to push for KE gained from a separate speed feat?

Wait a second, I thought using KE for Mass x Velocity was expressedly a fine thing to do in cases of character speed as long as the mass was connected to the attacker in question, and that this has been done numerous times now? In that case, wouldn't we just substitute the bone with one of the monsters or something?

Not sure how it would be an outlier if none of the other calcs it's being compared to use the same speed for the KE. Not to mention the fact that in this case, the KE isn't from a separate speed feat. As I already said, it's just for Napstablook's movement, in general.

Just a question, how do we know that Napsta didn't just teleport for the light feat? He teleported to meet up with Frisk to get to the snail farm. If he could run, or float, that fast, why didn't he?

The real cal howard said:
Just a question, how do we know that Napsta didn't just teleport for the light feat? He teleported to meet up with Frisk to get to the snail farm. If he could run, or float, that fast, why didn't he?
Because Napstablook would still need to actually close the blinds, even if they teleported to reach them. Not to mention they only ever seem to teleport to locations outside their present area, but that's besides the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back