• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calc Help

CCMac27

He/Him
Hello, this thread is of little priority as it is not going towards anything on the wiki, but more for a personal project of mine.

How much energy would it take to punch someone into space?

The person's weight is about 160 pounds, or 72.5 kilograms.

They go as high as the moon, so about 384,400 km.

It takes them 10 seconds to reach that height, so 38440000 m/s.

Can anyone help me out?

Joules are Newtons*Meters so you would have to multiply by the distance if you wanted to do it that way. But it's easier to just use the KE equation KE=0.5*m*s^2

(38440000m/s)^2 *70kg/2=5.1717176*10^16 joules, or city level

Small Building seems too low, but City seems too high. Which one should I be going with?

Yeah, I just revised my own calc.

5.1717176*10^16 J is equivalent to 12.36 MT, which is City level.

Sorry about that.

Back