• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed required to reach a certain temperature

Alright so, on the references for common feats on our wiki, it has stated that the speed required to catch our clothes on fire is 2,500KM/HR or ~694.44 m/s
Here is the source that has been referred to.

My questions are pretty simple:
1. Which cloth requires you to move at 2,500 KM/H for it to light on fire? The source has listed wool catches on fire at 500 C and that cotton catches on fire at 230 C but hasn't specified which cloth needs to reach speeds like that, it just says "with the right attire"
2. What formulae have they used to calculate the speed required to reach a certain temperature? Nothing is specified but if we look at the blog, it says that a temperature of 1500 C can be reached at 6000 KM/H, does this mean that we simply multiply the temperature (in Celsius) by 4 to calculate the speed in KM/H and then convert KM/H to m/s?

Any help would be appreciated.
A thread about this was already made and went unresolved.

I would assume that it would be for all clothes especially since the article doesn't make it clear. The article also doesn't go into depth about how it calculates the said common feat though, making it a bit iffy to use in my opinion. I think it would be best to scrap the whole common feat and get a website that actually provides the equations behind it.

I would assume that it would be for all clothes especially since the article doesn't make it clear. The article also doesn't go into depth about how it calculates the said common feat though, making it a bit iffy to use in my opinion. I think it would be best to scrap the whole common feat and get a website that actually provides the equations behind it.
Yea that's what I was thinking too, I need CGM inputs tho.

Back