• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cable has a solid AP advantage, has better hax and is more intelligent overall. It's an extreme stomp in Cable's favor. It's a mismatch, honestly.

We all know why this thread exists so let's just get it out of the way shall we?

In terms of firepower Cable should have the edge for his variety, though there are some instances of Booster hurting S-Tier heroes in DC. It is also arguable that Booster actually has better shields given that his can tank attacks from Doomsday but Cable's (that we have on profile) have only stopped attacks from a 5-A Colossus.

Overall however, all Cable really has to do is outwit BG once. Physically, Nathan is far superior and his mutant powers offer him a much larger variety of abilities. Gold may be able to hang in there with his shields, but since speed is equalised that really all he's got: The ability to survive Cable's attacks.

Cable is:

-Smarter

-Stronger (physically)

-FAR less cocky, if at all

-Possesses a much larger variety of abilities

Cable 9/10

I have no idea why they specifically chose Booster Gold. Cable and BG have nothing in common aside from being time travellers.

Well, assuming Gold has his force fields, he might be able to pull through, I mean, those things can take hits from doomsday, for heavens sake.

Captain Cryptid said:
Well, assuming Gold has his force fields, he might be able to pull through, I mean, those things can take hits from doomsday, for heavens sake.
True but he can't hold out forever. Eventually, either Cable's intellect or variety of powers/weapons will catch Booster off Guard. In fact does BG have any resistance to telepathy?

GodJank said:
I have no idea why they specifically chose Booster Gold. Cable and BG have nothing in common aside from being time travellers.
Well at this pint in DB, one connection is all the connection you need. I agree it's iffy but 2 time travelling warriors who return to the past to change the future is a solid enough connection. It's certainly better than something generic like "They have Four Arms" or "They're both the main protagonist" (Ichigo should've fought Yusuke god dammit).

I didn't read any Booster gold comic and i only read one issue of Cable, but i've heard that Booster's entire body is made of energy and Cable has transmutation ability, shouldn't this be easy win for Cable? Even if not, then i'm still voting for Cable because of the reasons that Mirai said

some more connections are that they are both descended from super hero's, both can fight the top tiers of their verse, and both travelled back in time for a reason, Cable's was to prevent a bad future, and Booster's was to make money and become famous.

Captain Cryptid said:
some more connections are that they are both descended from super hero's, both can fight the top tiers of their verse, and both travelled back in time for a reason, Cable's was to prevent a bad future, and Booster's was to make money and become famous.
Oh, and don't forget that they joined wacky superhero teams in the 90s. Cable joined X-Force and Booster joined Extreme Justice.

I would actually say this thread is better. Speed is equalised and it actually gives both characters access to their best stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back