• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
Female Byleth (Sothis Fused) Smash Ultimate
"Here is something to believe in!"

Metagross
Speed equalized, Byleth has all of her combat arts, abilities, and spells, Metagross has its entire learnset, starting distance is 30 meters, fight takes place in a massive Pokemon battle arena.

Oh, and both are 7-A.

Assume Metagross has no trainer, and is instead just some random wild Metagross that went ham and broke in, and now Byleth has to stop it.

Well, Metagross has far higher AP, is much smarter, and is arguably faster even with equalization via bullet punch and agility. It also has various ways to lower Byleth's stats, while increasing their own.

Byleth in the other hand does have fire attacks, in which metagross is weak to. Not to mention, the sword is made from bone, which means that the sword likely has 4x effectiveness against Metagross, since bone attacks are considered ground type attacks in pokemon. Byleth also has divine pulse, so even if they do die, they have 12 chances iirc.

The only chance Byleth has is taking out Metagross before it gets too strong, and before Byleth gets rebuffed into oblivion. Thankfully, Byleth has divine pulse.

if Byleth didn't have divine pulse, they would just be screwed. But I think Byleth should be able to get the lead on Metagross after learning that they have to take them out right away or they die.

ill stay neutral for now

Byleth scales to around 170.9 Megatons

Metagross scales to around 790.31 Megatons

There's a little wiggle room because they might both be superior to those numbers, but that's about a 4.6x advantage for Metagross, so Metagross is always hitting pretty hard.

And supereffectiveness is only a 2x modifer, not a 4x, so Byleth's fire and sword (if you count it) won't be enough to put them on even playingfields. Plus that's only a boost to their damage, Byleth doesn't have any durability boosting abilities on their page I can find.

Metagross also definitely takes an intelligence advantage, plus a mobility advantage with the flight abilities and can even range spam if necessary thanks to a superior range if it feels threatened enough to try that. (Byleth does have a flying counter move though, so there's at least that)

Metagross can also: Lower Byleth's speed, increase it's own speed, use moves that have augmented speed, increase it's own defenses, reduce Byleth's special resistance, lock-on to Byleth to reduce dodging chance, and completely overpowers in Lifting Strength when using telekinesis. Plus Byleth doesn't seem to have a resistance to mind manipulation, fear manipulation, or the flinching effect, so they're susceptible to attacks that will leave them confused or mildly stunned.

Byleth's pretty smart, and gets a few tries at this battle, but they have no way to reduce the incoming damage, even their strongest attacks seem to fall short of even being Metagross' equal, and Metagross has mobility, AP, intelligence, lifting strength, and a variety of abilities Byleth doesn't have any resistances to. I'm not convinced Byleth can find a victory strategy before they run out of Divine Pulses, I give this to Metagross.

I was more referring to how Byleth's sword can count as both a fire and ground type attack. And Byleth doesn't necessarily have to reverse time right away,they can keep time frozen until they find a tactic, but that is somewhat ooc.

I guess I'll vote Metagross fra

ill go inconclusive here , but cant byleth just rewind time and eventully out hax him? , idk still going inconclusive on this one.

Unlikely, since Metagross literally holds every other advantage, and is far smarter than Byleth. Also, I think Metagross actually has more abilities and hax.

Rtxthegamer said:
Unlikely, since Metagross literally holds every other advantage, and is far smarter than Byleth. Also, I think Metagross actually has more abilities and hax.
I forgot about this.

Smarter yes but not as good of a fighter by a decent margin. Divine Pulse also shuts down most of his kit since Byleth will know how to counter it.

It isn't an massive buff unless he spams it, he probably won't so Byleth can still dodge. This is even assuming that he uses it early on and isn't punished for it.

Pokémon buffs don't go over 4 times anyway so dodging is still a factor.

Pretty sure Metagross will be smart enough to find the best way to beat Byleth. Byleth can only rewind 12 times iirc, so once thats over, well Metagross will just do their same old stuff since metagross has an AP advantage as well as buffs.

Turning back time doesn't really mean much if you can't do anything to change it

I feel this is a stomp in Metagross. Byleth only advantage is her tactical advantage, because her Divine Pulse will not be even effective against someone who is way stronger and can mind hax her and making her to forget a strategy that she could have elavorate against the opponent, which makes Divine Pulse way weaker as a result.

But she can, the stat gap isn't massive before he buffs, especially since she can exploit some of his weaknesses and amped attacks. 12 times is a lot to rewind, especially for a tactician like Byleth. Combine this with healing, and she has an advantage in most circumstances. The gap isn't that big before buffs do to her having his weaknesses and buffs will get him punished.

Intelligence doesn't mean much when she is a far better tactician and fighter. Raw intelligence isn't as important in a fight as raw combat knowledge.

Metagross has 4.6x AP compared to Byleth so that's a pretty big amount. Byleth's only win con is to somehow be lucky enough to land lucky hits.

on the other hand, metagross can probably calculate the probability of their attacks actually working, so they will choose whatever is the best strategy. Which means metagross will probably start off with buffing themselves, or debuffing Byleth. It also has lots of priority attack moves, fear inducement, And like Puas said, metagross can just lolmindhax Byleth.

and it's not like metagross has no skill fighting, I mean all pokemon 3rd stage pokemon should be very skilled in terms of fighting.

in short, byleth's only chance is to be lucky enough to be able to land lucky hits.

metagross on the other hand has fear inducement, a pretty darn big AP advantage, stats amp, a mobility advantage, arguably a far better speed edge, and can just lolmindhax Byleth. Not to mention, metagross is incredibly smart, smarter than a super computer so it's not just gonna let Byleth land as many hits as they want on them.

Yeah, Byleth only wincon happens only if she gets lucky enough to not get mindhax and makes the correct strategy, which considering how huge Metagross advatange are... This is likely a stomp.

4.6 only applies to her dura since she has his weaknesses. It matters little since she will dodge most of his moves do to pulse. The speed difference only applies after a few amps and it never goes above 4 times, making it inapplicable a amping will leave him open for a bit.

Smart doesn't mean a good fighter. Metagross having a bit of fighting experience doesn't mean much since Byleth has some pretty good skill feats. Him being a Pokémon is nothing.

You do realize Metagross is a 3rd stage pokemon right? the way you talk about it makes it seem like metagross literally has no skill fighting.

once again, even if Byleth is aware of metagross' moves, there is literally nothing they can do once metagross goes maximum overdrive + bullet punch. Pulse/dodging is arguably negated by miracle eye and scary face. Once Metagross does their fear inducement, which heavily lowers Byleth's attack, they are free to do whatever they wish even if Byleth has a 2x attack modifier via effectiveness.

I think the best way to put this is in terms of gameplay, is a level 100 metagross vs a level 35 incineroar with 13 max revives. But metagross can heal in between the revives.

How does tactitian beat super computer also that agility thing can be used 3 times it buffs meta's speed 2x everytime it's used

So meta FRA

He has skill but not anywhere near as much as Byleth.

Let me tell you, someone significantly less skilled then her, likely as a child or at least in the far past, held off groups of soldiers for multiple days. Just being a Pokémon is not enough of a skill feat. She also has healing and her own amps to balance out the AP gap and Vantage to balance out the speed difference after he amps (she is faster before that and has amps to her dodging abilities.) unlike Meta, her amps don't leave her open anyway, making them more likely to work.

Also is buff spamming even in character?? You really haven't shown what he will do in this fight besides what will suit you the most.

Metagros can fly, can guarantee hits with Miracle Eye and with Psychic can paralyze the opponent in place or twist its body, in addition to reflecting or deflecting attacks.

I think Metragross has a chance to win.

I guess it's not really skill it's more of what level of thinking. metagross isn't just a pokemon it knows what it's doing and can approach a battle more practically than most mons.

Meta can slow Byleth with scary face

Byleth can't change anything due to clear body

There might be reasons to suggest that Byleth could win I just don't think it's practical to justify my vote or anyone else who voted for meta

Yes, you're talking about Hubert. The skill difference is basically negated by the sheer intelligence difference. Vantage is basically like sucker punch, but it only works when injured. After Byleth attacks with vantage, metagross can pretty much use any move to defeat Byleth since they have to be injured. Her buffs and amps are not enough to compete with Metagross' own buffs, and AP difference.

like I said, metagross calculates and thinks faster than a supercomputer. You don't think Metagross would try to secure victory by any means possible? Byleth isnt one shorting metagross, metagross can afford to tank some shots. Oh yeah, metagross also has psychic and confusion, and can prevent attacks with zen headbutt. Byleth does have windsweep, but metagross can probably outspedd Byleth. And as I mentioned before, metagross has fear inducement, which not even divine pulse will counter. Metagross has stuff that divine pulse alone can't negate.

you still have to show how Byleth counters, stats buff, sheer intelligence, fear inducement, and a bunch of other stuff. Divine pulse alone can't solve all of byelth's problems. Now, if Byleth had an AP advantage then maybe. But even then, metagross still has fear inducement.

I think its

meta: 7 (xitsign, rtxthegamer, puasluiszx (I think??), multiplize, Strymultra,neozex6399, jimboydejuan12)

Byleth: 2 (00potato, remy the wolf)

incon:

It could be a twisted win You still got some time left you gotta dig deeper and give us something work with though

Back