• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm voting Glaceon FRA.

Lol, I'm temped to make a second match which gives Byakuran 2 days of prep, although for that it might be better to use a different pokemon.

@Velox

Having the same fight on the profile with just a change like adding prep might look kind of....a way..

Also, now that I think about it...I shouldn't be the one to make it since I would be the main person arguing for Byakuran (Besides Liten and Xanxus), so it might come off as bias.

I mean, I personally think it would be fine. I don't see anything wrong with redoing a fight that's a borderline stomp, and giving an advantage to one character to actually make things fair. Byakuran with prep doesn't mean he wins. Byakuran with prep means he doesn't get borderline stomped, which means an actual, enjoyable debate can take place.

Especially since here, talking to parallel versions of himself is Byakuran's literal ability, so it's really just giving him opportunity to use his powers. I'd give him only an hour or so as opposed to a few days, though. So he can't just grab any box weapon he pleases.

Oh so you want to redo this match Yung? Then its absolute no-no-no.

@Teo

Its still stomp even giving Byakuran prep time tho, why you don't get it?

@Veloxt

I've explained above why it's not. Given the right amount of prep time, it's far from a stomp as Byakuran wouldn't be given time to actually acquire the means to deal with various of Glaceon's haxes.

Knowing one's attack pattern =/= Avoiding stat deduction, nullifying precog, neutralizing a freezing aura, etc. It simply let's him know what the dangers are. But it doesn't give him any extra answers that aren't spawned from his intelligence and battle wit. Which is what extra prep time would do.

Its still stomp regardless because having a person who can interact to his other on every dimension for several minutes, knowing what to do, know the opponents move, etc = GG no RE, and since Byakuran prep is fricking good 2x GG.

If you really want a pokemon vs prep time Byakuran then try Alakazam or Malamar, better?

That's like saying because a character with zero hax knows that their opponent can soul hax from several miles away, that knowing it's coming means they have the means they can counter it, despite having no resistance and the hax being thought based and target specific.

They can't, even with full knowledge.

Byakuran has knowledge, not the means to answer literally everything Glaceon can do. Which is why it's fair. Knowing someone has hax doesn't magically given them an answer unless the hax has mechanics that allow for that. Which much of Glaceon's hax/versatility, doesn't.

Malamar might be good. We'll see.

@Liten

Velox has a bit of a point. The way we judge matches on VBW mostly has to do with "Who strikes first", and Byakuran knowing all of his opponent's attack patterns and abilities is a really huge advantage

Especially against pokemon who, for the most part, don't have passive abilities.

Even with their huge arsenal, if Byakuran knows what's coming along with their weaknesses, it's a huge advantage.

I wouldn't call it a stomp though (Well, not with only a few minutes to an hour of prep), and even byakuran with a week of prep would be a good match against some of the more OP pokemon.

Just as a reminder and to say it quickly in case it hadn't been said, no, it's hilarious and downright absurd to think giving Byakura prep time somehow turns this into a stomp.

It just means he knows what he's getting into, and like Lit said, still doesn't give him a good answer against most of it. Prep time doesn't instantly mean Byakuran goes get Ghost and all the resources of his family to cook up something to counter Glaceon.

Doesn't matter, its "who hit first" and a character given a prep time will goes do that, make the match one-sided and even stompish, combined with some of unique circumates like Byakuran with that dimensional thing and Mami with her insane af experience, 2x more than that.

And i already say this, and i really want this kind of discussion dropped, now!

You could just not participate in the conversation if it makes you angry.

Sometimes a character with prep time also just can't hit first. The opponent could still have ways to get past that. I don't know much about this guy but from what I gather it doesn't seem like he'd be able to get it done in time. Just my opinion though and I suppose that's up for debate.

"Who hit first" except when the Mountain Level is trying to hit a Mountain Level+, who has Precognition and Attack Reflection among other things.

I have no clue what broken preconception of Prep you are invoking here, even if you know what's coming that doesn't suddenly mean you have new tools to circumvent it. This is not Batman being given a year to create an army of 4-B robots, it's giving someone the chance to know that one slip and they are dead.

And Velox, what we do here is discuss things. I am sorry, but just don't answer if it makes you so angry or annoyed, that doesn't mean I can't adress what seems to be a bad assumption.

Then don't come to this thread if you don't want me angry or annoyed.

"Then don't reply-" I always a person who replying no matter what so i can't do that.

Velox, I can't just shut up because you don't want to talk about it. Sorry, but if you don't wanna hear it you are free to not reply. It's still a bad assumptiont that leaves Byakuran in a near stomp.

>free not to reply

That's the problem, i'm a person who always replying no matter what.

Beside.....**** it, every Glaceon match from me are always ended shit no matter what.

Back