• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Glass Cannon Brackets Round 6 The Old Fox vs Hishigami Yuu

And after some time, we finally enter into the sixth round of the battle of glass cannons! This round is The Old Fox from "The Golden Bird" by the Brothers Grimm, going up against Hishigami Yuu from the The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village, Submitted by DontTalkDT

The Current Standings

The Old Fox has Athletic Durability with Mountain level AP

Hishigami Yuu has Street durability with Wall level AP

Speed is equal

They start in range of each other

That's all! Let's get this round started!

The Old Fox:

Hishigami Yuu: 5

Inconclusive/Draw:

I don't know these two at all, but one has a gun and the other has standard melee range. So, unless there's something I don't know, it should be a simple fight. I will, however, not vote yet.

What does "They start in range" mean?

Yuu via paralysis + gun in any case.

Armorchompy said:
I don't know these two at all, but one has a gun and the other has standard melee range. So, unless there's something I don't know, it should be a simple fight. I will, however, not vote yet.
They start in range of each other. Else it's a range stomp

2 second paralysis should make this easy for Yuu. The fox's revival seems to revive him as a regular human as well, so he won't be able to do much of anything with that.

Still going Yuu via paralysis....

Though putting a sniper at melee range is somewhat strange.

She is a sniper yes? Then she probably isn't that good in close quarters, so she is at a slight disadvantage.

00potato said:
She is a sniper yes? Then she probably isn't that good in close quarters, so she is at a slight disadvantage.
She at least has ample fighting experience in something. As opposed to the fox who isn't a fighter at all.

The old fox isn't a fox acting upon instinct, though. Being an actual battle expert is definitely more skill than just some instinctual hunting anyway. Hishigami have considerable combat experience against humans and non-humans.

Code:
It not really up close, where they will start. This gives the Fox an advantage.
The Fox would still have to hunt to survive, even if it isn't like a normal fox he must have some experience fighting. In fact his higher intelligence would put him above a normal fox.

I'm not sure where you get the idea from that Yuu is useless up close. Like all Hishigami woman she would be physically capable enough to dodge bullets, and strong enough to kill the fox with a single punch.

I disagree that an intelligent fox needs to have a foxes hunting instincts, even less one that isn't born as a fox.

Also, the usual hunting strategy of a fox would be to sneak up on prey and then leap at it. Sneaking is a key aspect. Sneaking already doesn't apply. To that comes that such a strategy doesn't work that well on a standing human. Leaping at Yuu will only earn it a lethal kick/punch. In general Yuu's size advantage means that the fox has no access to any of her vitals.

Additionally foxes deliver several quick bites rather than a single lethal one like dogs or wolves do, which gives Yuu the opportunity for a counter attack.

Lastly Yuu can always block with her Rifle. It's imbued with a Youkai and Youkai are immune to physical damage.

If he leaps at her, she can't punch back without dying since he is 7-A, she will still be given that much force via the leap. Same with the bite, he will only need one so why do foxes biting multiple times mean anything?

An Intellegent Fox would still need to hunt, and would probably be better at it then an actual Fox, so he would likely have some hunting instincts. Anyway, you are just assuming that the Fox would lack the instincts of a normal fox for no reason other then helping your case.

The first paragraph is about stats not skill so it is also irrelevant.

In fact that entire comment is irrelevant.

He will die, because he still recieves the punch. Difference is she will only loose her arm. AP Ôëá AoE. This also only applies if she hits it up front, instead of from the side and with her fist instead of her gun. Aaaaand she can just dodge, easily. In fact, why even assume his AP is physical damage? Do we know how it destroyed the mountain over time?

The old fox could also scavenge or something. You don't know its life story, so why do you assume favourably?

Dodging repeated gunfire with superhuman speed isn't purely a stat feat, even with supersonic reactions. It also indicates having certain dodging skills.

You are the one adding assumptions for your favor though. The Fox knowing how to hunt like a fox isn't the big assumption here. You are reaching even further with the AP point, there is nothing to support that but you grasping at straws.

Are you serious claiming that she will survive 7-A force to any part of her body? The sheer force of it will at best incapitate her and worst, delete her completely.

The fox, that was a human, not knowing how to hunt isn't the assumptions that the burden of proof is on. Favourable assumptions aren't taken unless proven.

For a start, what even makes you think that the fox has 7-A physical power. His striking strength is straight up Unknow which I guess is because we actually have no idea how the fox got rid of that mountain over time.

And yes, the same way a bullet would fly though its target. Might blow off her arm, but as long as the rest isn't in the way I see no reason why I should assume any bigger AoE than that.

And again, she could equally just dodge and then shoot him. Or paralyze him before he even gets to do anything.

The fox literally has nothing going for him. Both one shot each other, but one is AT BEST as good a fighter as a random animal, while the other is a better fighter than most soldiers. To that this person also has better range, paralysis and a weapon in an indestructible rifle.

In which respect is the fox superior here?

7-A is a high-ball which is being used here. So yeah he is 7-A for this match.

He would know how to hunt and fight, he has been a fox for a while and it isn't like he can use tools without hands.

She could dodge, so can the fox. And if she does can't hit once in let's say the arm, she would e severely injured and practically incapacitated while dealing with the Fox's resurrection, she will be to injured to do much.

Her skill and range are not relevant because she is mostly a sniper and this starts in the Fox's range. Nothing she has applies and she gets one shot, while the fox can take 2 at least. Also your argument about AOE could just as easily apply to the Fox since she could just as easily hit a non vital area and then get one shot.

Back