• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly (Movie 10) vs Super Perfect Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broly: 6 (Pocket-Chu, Hop, SomebodyData, Sethisbest, Pachi2, Dark649)

Cell: 7 (ConsumingFire, RadicalMrR, JustSomeWeirdo, FTW395, Cropfist, LordAizenSama, Soldier Blue)

Inconclusive: 0

I can't count this vote because the reasoning for it is wrong. That was Adult Gohan and he was a Super Saiyan 2 as well who Broly managed to defeat (Broly even gets his Tier from SSJ2 Gohan in the first place), aside from Goku and Goten there to help him out.

Not to mention, movie Gohan was still training and stated himself that he should have become stronger since the .

EDIT: Also, he only lost that Beam Clash because Trunks interfered and prevented him from putting any more energy into the blast on top of distracting him. Before that he was casually overpowering the 3 super saiyans.

I'll also go with Cell.

Gohan says "And here I'm supposed to have powered up considerably since then!"

In what way does that translate to "I AM more powerful than I was before!" If anything, Gohan is demonstrating that he's NOT as powerful as was. "I'm SUPPOSED to have powered up considerably since then." That sounds more like him admitting that he hasn't been training at all-- which is consistent with what Vegeta says at the Martial Arts Tournament. I know the timelines aren't exact, but it's already been stated that Gohan's power has dropped.

Hell, when SSJ2 Goku and SSJ2 Majin Vegeta are fighting, Vegeta notes that he's impressed that he's stronger than Gohan was as a Super Saiyan 2. Vegeta stresses that because prior to SSJ2 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta, SSJ2 Cell Games Gohan was THE strongest Super Saiyan 2. You COULD make the argument that the Anime ignores the movies for the most part, but they're still considered to be the same continuity-- so that doesn't hold up.

Additionally, whether or not Gohan was a full-on Super Saiyan 2 is still a gray area that's much unsettled in the Dragon Ball community. While the guide-books support him being a Super Saiyan 2, his appearance in the movie is as a Super Saiyan 1. But hey, let's assume he COULD transform into a Super Saiyan 2 at the time: what makes you think he was a SSJ2 while he was firing his Kamehameha? He was getting the life crushed out of him by Broly and was undeniably weakened from the fight, so we can't even say for CERTAIN that he was a SSJ2 when he fired the Kamehameha.

But for the sake of argument, let's say he WAS a Super Saiyan 2 when he fired it. Broly was taking on a Kamehameha from an extremely weakened Super Saiyan 2. THEN he was also battling Goten's Kamehameha. Goten is a regular Super Saiyan, whom we don't even fully understand how strong he is. He's probably around the same strength level as SSJ Frieza Saga Goku, AND he was weakened. So it's hardly going to help at all in a beam struggle. Then you have Goku flying down to help them. Whether or not Goku's Kamehameha was actually there is STILL a gray area. We know Broly, Gohan and Goten all SAW him, but do we know if it was just an apparition of Goku that was sent with the Dragon Balls?

But I'll tell you what, I'm SO confident that Super Perfect Cell curbstomps this Broly, I'll give you a couple benefits for the sake of argument:

Let's assume Goku was physically there as a Super Saiyan, Gohan was a Super Saiyan 2, AND Goten was a little bit stronger than SSJ Frieza Saga Goku. Even so, LOOK AT WHAT IT TOOK TO BEAT CELL:

-A stronger SSJ2 Gohan (granted, his power was cut in half)

-The REST OF THE Z-FIGHTERS who at this point also consists of Piccolo (who's WAYYY stronger than SSJ Goten) AND Tien (who's powerful enough to hold off Semi-Perfect Cell, clearly ALSO far more powerful than SSJ Goten), Krillin, Yamcha, etc ALL FIRING KI BLASTS DIRECTLY AT CELL (and they STILL get blown away by his Ki without him consciously trying to blow them away)

-AND Vegeta (his SSJ form at this point should be stronger than his Super Vegeta form) firing a powerful Ki attack (not a wimpy ball of Ki like Trunks did) DIRECTLY AT CELL to distract him.

Oh, and mind you, it wasn't all of their sheer power that killed Cell. It was a powerfully distracting Ki Blast from Vegeta that did the trick. What distracted Broly/caused him to slip up again? Oh yeah, a wimpy little Ki ball that skid OFF his own Ki blast. It didn't even hit Broly, if I recall correctly.

Cell was simply taking on FAR more power than Broly was.

Yeah, exactly ^^

Broly fantards make me sick, Cell is a SOLAR SYSTEM BUSTER. Gohan has gotten stronger since when he fighted with broly, same with Goku. SSJ2 Gohan struggled to hold onto Cell's final kamehameha wave. Goku died because of the explosion of Semi-Perfect Cell.. What explains that Cell can't beat broly huh? Cell STOMPS

@LegendsVII Sure thing. Vote counted.

@Jennamccc The reasoning from Legends being considerable doesn't change the fact that your reasoning from before was faulty. Also, calling people Broly fantards in the middle of a debate out of nowhere doesn't sound like the best argument I've seen around here either. The only reason I'm counting your vote is because you agreed to the above reasoning just now. And "Cell is a Solar System Buster!" is a moot point when his opponent is also one. Stop with the whole "Cell STOMPS!" if anything, the match can happen. He can win, but he won't be oneshotting Broly like you seem to be implying everytime you say stomp.

Broly: 6 (Pocket-Chu, Hop, SomebodyData, Sethisbest, Pachi2, Dark649)

Cell: 9 (ConsumingFire, RadicalMrR, JustSomeWeirdo, FTW395, Cropfist, LordAizenSama, Soldier Blue, LegendsVII, Jennamccc)

Inconclusive: 0

Also, just to correct Legends: None of the Z fighters were firing blasts at Cell in the manga, as far as I remember. And that is the canon. Only Vegeta collaborated to that.

Also, there are a load of assumptions in your reasoning. Good for you, there are enough valid points in the wall of text to make it count aaand I'm not debating here either, just counting the votes. So fair enough.

EDIT: Finally, are all the caps really necessary?

People type their own ways and i like to make a point stand out using cap locks. Sorry, but I just cannot get NOT used to it. ;.;

Hmm, Broly but it's not going be a walk in the park for him

Broly is basicaly on a higher SS level scale then cell who is just flat out SS and not to metion the speed difference bewteen the to.......

FateAlbane said:
Also, just to correct Legends: None of the Z fighters were firing blasts at Cell in the manga, as far as I remember. And that is the canon. Only Vegeta collaborated to that.
Also, there are a load of assumptions in your reasoning. Good for you, there are enough valid points in the wall of text to make it count aaand I'm not debating here either, just counting the votes. So fair enough.

EDIT: Finally, are all the caps really necessary?
Sorry about the caps in random places, that's just kinda how I type when I'm debating lol

And ah, thanks for the correction.

Jennamccc said:
People type their own ways and i like to make a point stand out using cap locks. Sorry, but I just cannot get NOT used to it. ;.;
also - don't think that because I'm vouching for Cell that I'm condoning this "screw Brolytards" thing, we should all be respectful here.

Pocket-Chu said:
LSSJ Broly(M10) > SSJ2 Gohan(M10) > SSJ2 Gohan(Cell Games) > Super Perfect Cell

Broly ends the match with a simple eraser canon.
did anyone debunk this? because as much intelligence cell has over broly (which isnt really a feat, considering who we are talking about), one eraser canon is enough to put an end to him.

Gohan stated that he should have become stronger, which implies he has trained. This doesnt relate to Vegeta saying he got weaker (movies are inconsistent even with the anime). Broly casually overpowered gohan and goten (yeah, they were damaged, but so was teen gohan back in the cell saga, so that point is irrelevant).

In my opinion I think Cell wins, heres mutiple reason;

Super Perfect Cell did have an attack powerful enough to damage one of SSJ2 Gohans arm, and his final super kamehameha wave in the begining was about to overpower Gohans attack, but at the end Gohan finally started to overtake Cell's Kamehameha wave, with difficulty, which does indicate that they may be around the same strength.

Broly (LSSJ) I belive got killed by SSJ1 Goku with a punch to the chest? his weak spot. Goku got stronger as SSJ1 fighting perfect Cell Whilst Cell was toying with him.

I think Cell kills Broly .. little to no difficulty.

^this is broly in his second film incarnation, the one you are referring to is his first movie.

DBZGurl may be thinking about the wrong Broly, but the reasoning for Cell makes sense anyways, so I'll count the vote.

Broly: 7 (Pocket-Chu, Hop, SomebodyData, Sethisbest, Pachi2, Dark649, Peter Maximoff)

Cell: 10 (ConsumingFire, RadicalMrR, JustSomeWeirdo, FTW395, Cropfist, LordAizenSama, Soldier Blue, LegendsVII, Jennamccc, DBZGurl)

Ok, grace period now.

Unless Broly gets some more votes in the meantime, this will be added to Cell's victories.

I'll go for Cell. he has higher intellect, superior versatility, regen and their ap is roughly comparable. It'd be an excellent fight.

broly would toy with cell like he was doing with goku etc this would end up in cell getting zenkai boosts which would make him more powerful then broly.

im voting for cell.

Why is this thread still going? It was concluded with Cell's victory and requested for addition like I don't even know how many days ago anymore.

Broly has an edge against cell in terms of raw power but cell is way smarter than broly and has better techneiques and Regenerationn so although broly holds a power advantage cell could easily outsmart broly with his techneiques so my vote is for cell

Can't Cell use the spirit bomb on him and use multiple cell jr's as a distraction? This would give Cell a win ( I can also see him possibly beating good buu with this method).

I'm not sure if Cell could even use Spirit Bomb. Don't you need to be pure of heart or something, like Goku, to be able to use it?

Soldier Blue said:
I'm not sure if Cell could even use Spirit Bomb. Don't you need to be pure of heart or something, like Goku, to be able to use it?
I don't know, although in games (even if not cannon), Cell just steals energy for his spirit bomb.

I vote Broly in the 10 movie he beat gohan easily and Gohan was equals to Dabra. Dabra is consider equal to Cell so Broly is stronger than Cell. To beat Broly he need Goku SSj2 gohan SSJ2 and goten SSj. It' really more than super perfect cell can beat.

Takanome shanks said:
I vote Broly in the 10 movie he beat gohan easily and Gohan was equals to Dabra. Dabra is consider equal to Cell so Broly is stronger than Cell. To beat Broly he need Goku SSj2 gohan SSJ2 and goten SSj. It' really more than super perfect cell can beat.
where does it say that Goku was ssj 2 there? Also Gohan was ssj in the family kamehameha struggle, all it took is a tiny ki blast from kid trunks to kill Brolly in the beam struggle so we can say that Broly is slightly stronger than ssj Goten, a rusty SSJ Gohan and ssj Goku.

Ssj2 Teen Gohan should still be greater than all of them combined

Even if Gohan is in SSJ2 this Kamehameha is stronger than goha teen ssj2 kamehameha. Because SSJ2 power is only SSJ1*2 and Goku is a lot Stronger in SSJ1 at this moment than SSJ1 gohan teen. If you add Gohan power goten and trunk diversion it is really more then Cell can beat. Gohan SSJ2 never do any damage to Broly it was really impressive and Cell couldn't bet teen gohan with only one arm.

Actually the Gohan in the broly movie (10) was training while canon gohan wasn't so adult Gohan is stronger then when he fought cell.

Either versions of Broly absolutely curb stomp SPC/

People seem to think that the energy buff Goku received from Vegeta,Trunks,Gohan and Piccolo is neglible and just PIS, which is ludricous to say the least. The fight that ensues isn't particularly long and while all 5 top Z fighters are absolutely demolished, their ki recerves aren't that depleted, except maybe for Trunks and Vegeta because of the heavy requirements of ASSJ. Other than that they only sustained minor injuries like blunt forced trauma.

To get back on point, energy infused Goku EASILY borders or even surpasses SSJ2 teen Gohan. Hell, they even brought on Piccolo just to have every Z fighter that is on a SSJ level. I'd say Goku receiving only all of Gohan's energy puts him near SSJ2 levels. Let alone combied with Piccolo's.Vegeta's and Trunks'.

@Muriadofmemes You're just assuming everything. SPC was roughly equal to SSj2 Gohan, the latter one-punched 7(8) SSj/ASSj level beings. That's a way better feat than anything Broly has dished out.

@FTW395 Broly would be hard pressed to beat 7 SSJ level beings when there were only 5 on the planet. And no, between the two contenders and Gohan the greatest feat any of them has is Broly tanking a super charged Kamehameha with a grin on his face like it's a light breeze.

Myriadofmemes said:
@FTW395 Broly would be hard pressed to beat 7 SSJ level beings when there were only 5 on the planet. And no, between the two contenders and Gohan the greatest feat any of them has is Broly tanking a super charged Kamehameha with a grin on his face like it's a light breeze.
Disregarding my argument doesn't make it invalid, broly didn't one shot anyone. SSj2 Gohan did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back