• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brightburn Movie Discussion

I don't know if I'm alone in this but I really didn't like that movie. A lot of it just seemed violent for the sake of it, none of the characters really stood out despite some good acting, and it didn't really seem like a deconstruction of hero backstories because it didn't seem like Brandon went evil because of bullying or anything, but more that he was just sort of changed as a person by his pod thing to make him evil. It was just kinda weakly written

Also did they ever even call him Brightburn?

I wish they fleshed out Brandon's character more. He went evil way too quickly, and I know that it's shown that he was sent to conquer Earth but you'd think that spending 12 years with people who genuinely loved him would make it just a little bit harder to go sicko mode on people.

The actors were great, but that mom was dumb af. She saw him floating and chanting alien language and she doesn't think Brandon is responsible for the killings in any way?

Also, I thought it was dumb how they tried to make the audience think that he would turn good again just because of his mother after all the shit he pulled with the car and the waitress. Like he literally vivisected a corpse and hung it, and then they expect us to believe he feels sad that his foster father and mother tried to kill him?

But overall I thought it was fine. If the movie's purpose was to make you feel thankful that Superman's a good guy, then they succeeded for the most part. I'll just view this movie as an Ultraman origin story of sorts- they even teased an evil Justice League at the end.

I think the mom not thinking it was Brandon who killed people was more denial than stupidity, he was her child she had raised for 12 years and she was extremely attatched.

What was stupid was her going for the overdramatic stab and raising the knife high enough for him to see it.

I get their desire for a baby and all but I don't know any remotely sane person who wouldn't call some authority or tell someone else

Brightburn the Movie overall was an okay movie not great but okay.

There is a few thing that Brightburn the movie doesnt seem to show us and one of that is Brandon became evil. It want you to think that due to how Brandon lived with his Earthling family for more than 10 years would made him attempt to use his power to do good first, before bad thing happen to him that he would go evil afterward. The movie didnt even show how Brandon "tried to do good", and just outright became an evil superman right away within the span of more than 10 minutes straight. Like come on, at least tried to show us how he became evil before he became irredeemable like Plutonian from Irredeemable. It would made his final word to his Mother more meaningful and impactful.

Also, cant they just gave Brandon some character instead of making him just another imitation of evil superman? It wouldnt hurt for him to have some character just to certaintly gives it more tension and drama on how he changed.

Regarding, Brandon power as a whole. He most likely more ability than Superman which would made him even more OP.

I hope that Evil Aquaman and Wonder Woman doesn't turn out to be bland like Brandon. I liked it when they shows how they turn into a villain but I want it to be done in a good way. Sometime in order to start a cinematic universe, you have to make good movie first which Brightburn kind of accomplish despite what many people think otherwise. The acting is good and the ending is satisfying even though, its predictable but still very chilling nontheless.

Back