• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Breaking the Fourth Wall for the Doctor.

I'm not sure if a one-off joke from a source of unknown canonicity is enough to warrant that.

The Doctor has done so more than once...

"The best thing about books is that you can always tell when you're getting to the end. No matter how tricky the situation the hero's in, you hold the book to your hand and think, "Hang on, I'm two hundred and twenty-nine pages in, with only another fifty-one to go." - "The Infinity Doctors" page 229

I'd also note he winked to the Audience in Magician's Familiar (he even said "I bet you're wondering where the tea cup came from)

You can ask Azathoth to comment here.

I also do not think that a comicbook of uncertain canonicity should give such a major ability to the TV version.

breaking the fourth wall isn't exactly major. It doesn't really do anything.

Other instances being posted would eb nice though

@Wokistan

I suppose that is a good point.

Antvasima said:
I also do not think that a comicbook of uncertain canonicity should give such a major ability to the TV version.
It's not just the comic. He has done it multiple times, including on the live action show. It's uncommon, but not just a one time thing.

Also the doctor is composites yes. Primarily because doctor who has no canon whatsoever.

I mean if we went by the TV show alone the strongest doctor who characters would be like Low 2-C. Most of the important stuff is in the novels.

Well, I suppose that it should probably be fine then.

Back