• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brackets Returns! (Again)

Okay, removing Ryu Hayabusa. The profile is a hot mess that even I can't clean up. It uses various NLF fallacy claims, explains everything pretty poorly, and I don't know enough about the verse to do a CRT.

Yeah it's a bit of a mess and I hope Medeus can fix it up.

That said there seems to be an opening for a new guy but I doubt we have

God of High School has 7-A characters. But they either have City level or Island level dura.

Actually, someone nominate Hui Mo-Ri.

I'll add Vilgax and switch Tart to Hui Mo-Ri due to her stonewalling.

First round will be up shortly.

I wish...

I had...

a 7-A verse...

And I wish to have discovered this thread earlier, although, my 7-A verse is going through revisions... once again.

I originally nominated Ryu Hayabusa, but he had to be removed because the creator of this didnt know much about the character...

Next Brackets, we should do 9-B.

Totally unrelated, what's the best way to get something calced if you aren't completely informed on how to calc things in accordance with the site?

ThePixelKirby said:
Next Brackets, we should do 9-B.
Totally unrelated, what's the best way to get something calced if you aren't completely informed on how to calc things in accordance with the site?
Read through the calculations page, look at previously made calcs + ask calc group members.

If all that fails, go to the calculations request thread

As Gyro says. I learned to calc just by reading all of the calc pages.

@Wright

I'm looking over Gamzee's profile again; I'm unsure using him given the Unknown on his dura and Mind Manip and Fear Manip (Unless they aren't combat applicable).

Is it alright to change him with Equius Zahhak or another Homestuck 7-A?

Dargoo Faust said:
@Wright

I'm looking over Gamzee's profile again; I'm unsure using him given the Unknown on his dura and Mind Manip and Fear Manip (Unless they aren't combat applicable).

Is it alright to change him with [Equius Zahhak]] or another Homestuck 7-A?
Unknown dura is 7-A, pretty sure. And yes, Mind and Fear hax are combat aplicable, from my memory.

Alright, in that case I'll swap him with another Homestuck 7-A until Wright noms another character.

For what it's worth, he doesn't use mind hax much and fear hax is really kinda meh (Summons an illusion of what you fear most, guy who fears clowns sees a clown and such. Kinda useless without a phobia or a fear of a physical entity to work off of.) He'll use his mind hax eventually and it has some really good potency too. Your call. Especially since Gamzee is an unskilled berserker without his hax.

Uh

Might want to pick a character outside of Homestuck unless there will be 7-As who stay the same after the CRT.

Alright. I wasn't aware of the CRT so I apologize. Mind hax is typical mind control, but I can't recall a time he's used it (he gets it from scaling) I'll look for another 7-A to use.

Thanks, and no worries. Glad I asked about it before the round came up.

I suppose an argument for Cole MacGrath being viable can be made. His best hax have exploitable drawbacks (resurrection only works if his body still has electricity in it, which gets noped by putting his body in water and damaging his body beyond what he can normally heal from should also stop it. Skull bolt requires a headshot. Bio leech is only usable in close quarters, which is Cole's worst area and it requires him to get his entire hand on their face, something few skilled fighters would let happen.) He's still plenty versatile despite that. It's up to you.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Cole_MacGrath

Back