• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brackets Resurrection: 8-B

Firephoenixearl said:
Welp im practically stuck between a rock and a hard place. I can't use Medaka 8-B's cus im banned from Medaka matches
I've put Kamome Tsurubami in the brackets.

Hasn't Dante healed from being shot in the head at least once, or am I misremembering?

@Ed Looks good.

@Rebuble Okay. At the end of the day if there's lengthy debate on Dante's viability another character might serve better.

Just being shot isn't inherently mid with small enough bullets.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Hasn't Dante healed from being shot in the head at least once, or am I misremembering?
Yeah, only once throughout the series, from my memory. And IIRC the bullet was stuck in his head and didn't go through.

I'll put him in, apologies.

That said I'm not sure why Zoidberg is even 8-B going by his height. At best it's around 8-C/High 8-C. Could someone do a quick calc from his profile image?

Using that giantess calculator (ugh), Zoidberg comes out with an absolute maximum KE of 633 tons of TNT by running, using his quoted height of 500 feet.

Uhhhhh

That's a bit higher than 8-B.

@Drite Expect by tomorrow; it'll take a bit to work out the reserves entries.

Ok, I have to disagree with leaving Eragon in.

1. He can very much use his mind hax to control people's actions. E.g. He made a person sabotage catapults. Blödhgarm made a mage do suicide and Eragon is comparable.

In general stopping a person from even thinking is within the basic capabilities of the mind hax.

Heck, Eragon is comparable to Arya who almost killed him once by literally ripping his mind to shreds.

2. He can (remotely and thought based) steal peoples energy. With that I mean physical energy to the point that they can't move and their heart stops beating. Pretty much instant as well.

3. He can cut nerves, severe bloodvessels, stop hearts, melt brains, induce permanent sleep, turn people blind and deaf and so on and so forth.

1. I never said he couldn't. What I said was that it only works on one person at a time (which it does; Eragon has never been shown controlling more than one person at any given moment), and thereby anyone with mental resistance that isn't completely superficial should be capable of resisting his mindhax just fine.

See above.

See above again.

2. To my recollection, he has never done this in combat the way you're implying. The most he has done in this regard is seal a person's wounds using their own energy, and sap the energy of an already wounded horse in order to heal himself. He doesn't just go around stealing people's energy in fights or anything like that.

3. And as I said, this sort of thing only works against characters who can't regen properly, don't have any immortalities (Type 2 immortality would mean that they could survive this, for example) and have a physiology similar to a human or an animal. Most of the characters I'm seeing in the list right now don't fit that description. Blinding people is temporary as well, and I also don't recall him ever melting someone's brain, so, citation needed.

Yes but 1 means he has an autowin against any characters without mindhax resistance, which is probably most people in the brackets.

And 3 also means it's probably too strong for the brackets. Regen/immortality that's too strong isn't allowed, hell, someone who's regen only protects them up to their head being cut off wasn't allowed, so Eragon would probably stomp a lot of the list.

1. Mind hax that works on one person is completly sufficient to be too hax for this. Most of the people here have absolutely no feats of mind resistance.

And he could keep Varaug in check, which was countless mind haxing entities. So it really isn't even completly baseline mind control.

2. He doesn't, because he can't since everyone either has mind barriers or is protected. He doesn't like taking innocent life, but in a battle he would take on opponents life if he could. IIRC in the battle of the burning planes he considers stealing lifeforce from the opposing army once the mage protecting them is taken down, but ultimately doesn't get the chance.

3. For one thing many of the characters here neither have (high enough) regen nor immortality.

Melting a brain comes from something Paolini considered him doing in an interview. It is definitely within his capabilities though.

Stopping a heart requires a heart. There is no further restriction upon physiology. In the first place many of the fighters here are sufficiently humanoid to start with. Same thing goes for sleep, turning people blind and deaf etc.

Let's also not forget that with the name of names eragon can give people new true names and control them through it.

At least half of the above is based on speculation and not anything he's ever done himself. I especially don't agree with using WoG to justify him doing something he ultimately never does in his series at any point.

But, whatever. If it's really that much of a problem, switch him for the CyberDemon.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
>Dante was removed for having Low-Mid regen
Dante has Low-Mid regen but still dies when his head's cut off, as was mentioned in this thread.

Agnaa said:
MrKingOfNegativity said:
>Dante was removed for having Low-Mid regen
Dante has Low-Mid regen but still dies when his head's cut off, as was mentioned in this thread.
That was what I meant. I don't agree with him being removed based on having regen that can be gotten around by something as simple as decapitation.

@Overlord A Gungeon character was already submitted

@Common Sense I'll put you in the queue, although we already hit 32 a while ago.

I didn't remove Dante, though?

I thought his validity was still being discussed.

Dante seemed fair to me, although almost instantaneous low-mid regen (still says mid on his profile) is making me reconsider. It's not like that's his only perk either

Back