• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bowser, Mario and Luigi minor CRT

I thought Whomp King was pretty damning evidence but then I was met with "it's just 4th Wall"

That Mario interview thing where he mentions 1-Ups is pretty solid though.

And all the in-game text of characters mentioning saves in-universe, even unrelated to Mario also seems like solid evidence. Toad even postulates about another save file giving you lives for one line of dialogue. But meh. Anything that's not a tutorial is just 4th wall and game mechanics, except the interview. That literally cannot be either. But knowing the wiki it'd still be denied.

And if we do acknowledge 1-Ups as canon, then even after getting EE'd characters can still come back as shown in Galaxy with dark matter.
Completely agreed. I don’t understand how it’s just “game mechanics, gag abilities 4th wall breaks, etc” when it’s nearly 100% confirmed that 1-Ups bring Mario back to life and TONS of more stuff. Also I believe Save Files are canon abilities that the Mario verse has as it is acknowledged by everyone to be an ability anyone can do and even Tippi acknowledged it as a ability and her main thing is giving Mario information about everything so there’s no reason for her to be 4th wall breaking because she literally states that it make sure to bring him back to that save point if Mario dies.

1-ups are acknowledged as canon, that's where Mario gets his resurrection from. Save files and extra lives aren't considered canon though.

Back