• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bowser CRT

This is mainly gonna focus on Grand Star Bowser's durability.

Why doesn't Bowser have Low -C durability with the Grand Star? He' survived the same black hole that was ripping apart the universe. And if anyone says "Mario injured him, so he can't be that durable". Keep in mind that most of the time Mario needs to use a trap to best Bowser. Also, if anyone says he died, he didn't as the guide book from SMG2 states that "Bowser nearly escaped his terrible fate" implying he survived it. And the Lumas did no save him as it says in the SMG2 guidebook that "Bowser paid the price", also implying that the Lumas did nothing to save him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZpGsbXsZ0U&feature=youtu.be&t=896
Prima_Guide_Edited.png

I don't think that withstanding a black hole is quantifiable, but you can ask Dino Ranger Black to comment here if you wish.

For some reason all tier 2 feats for the Marioverse seems to be constently refused (with the exception of Dreamy Bowser and Super Paper Mario cast).

By the way the guide book is the one of SMG, not SMG2

Bowser tanked/was hit by the black hole + its creation before Rosalina saving everyone, so it's very unlikely.

Whether or not Bowser truly tanked it doesn't matter since he was in his base form when it happened and as such it would be an outlier.

I have never understood how so many people could take this feat as applicable. It was a universal reset, not an explosion, all the universal damage went back in time, why would Bowser take nonexistent damage? Why would the "his escape" not refer to the universal reset? Especially considering that without that he faces a "terrible fate".

Also can we talk about the black hole's tier; Why is it Low 2-C and not 3-A?

Don't black holes destroy space-time itself, or have I misunderstood?

Didn't everybody die in Super Mario Galaxy, and then Rosalina came in and reset the entire universe?

Isn't that like time reversal?

Why would this be applicable for AP? Am I missing something?

Black holes distort space-time itself, a black hole of this power would destroy it.

Warren Valion said:
Didn't everybody die in Super Mario Galaxy, and then Rosalina came in and reset the entire universe?
Isn't that like time reversal?
It's more like creating a big bang.

Actually, from rewatching the ending. I agree it was something akin to a Big Bang.

But I have to ask...

What proof is there that Rosalina was the one that caused it?

According to the guide, she cast a forcefield that could within stand the blast to protect Mario and I believe Peach as well. But it never states that she was the one that caused it. Hell, from the clip it is implied that all of the Lumas were the ones who helped stabilize the black hole.

So why is she the one rated Low 2-C?

And what stops this from being an outlier? Bowser got the shit beaten out of him by Mario earlier in the game, I don't how that classifies as "trap that Mario needs".

Mario finds openings in Bowser's defense by using his surroundings and capitalizes on said opening by attacking him within the short time frame. However, Bowser is still noticeably hurt from Mario's strength. Mario strength does affect Bowser. The same can be said of Link and Ganon from Zelda.

Side Note: Can we trade out the scan of the guide on Rosalina's page to the one in the OP? The one on Rosalina's page is of terrible quality and is difficult to read.

All the reset did was stop the universe from destroying. Even then, Lumas had to protect Mario, while Bowser did have to survive the black hole, even if it was for a little while.

Unoriginal Memes said:
All the reset did was stop the universe from destroying. Even then, Lumas had to protect Mario, while Bowser did have to survive the black hole, even if it was for a little while.
I'm pretty sure a "universal reset" resets the universe - not stop it from being destroyed.

Especially with the whole theme of Rebirth. Mario even says, "Welcome New Galaxy". New life was born.

And Rosalina was the one who protected Mario, not the Lumas.

And again, this is an outlier.

So should we close this thread?

Antvasima said:
So should we close this thread?
Again, I'd recommend using a higher quality picture of the guide scan. The one she has currently on her profile is of terrible quality and is hard to read. Here is a good scan.

I also think waiting for some reasoning from the OP to suggest that this isn't an outlier would be the best course of action.

Not to mention, I am curious as to why we rate Rosalina as Low 2-C for the reasons I stated above? It just seems, to my understanding anyway, that she has Low 2-C Forcefields that blocked Mario from being killed - not that she herself was the one that created the new universe as her profile suggest.

Coming from information from both the guide and from the actual ending cutscene. I am confused as to why it says as such.

I'll summarize the ending as I understand it.

Bowser's Galaxy Reactor malfunctions from the lack of a Grand Star as an energy source, so it becomes a universal black hole. Everything is being sucked up and killed within its immense gravitational pull. In an act of heroism, all of the Lumas fly into the black hole in an effort to restabilize its energy. This leads to an immense explosion and the rebirth of life across the universe.

Rosalina saves Mario (and Peach I believe) by casting a forcefield that can withstand the energy of the Big Bang-like expansion of matter and energy.

She then places Mario and Peach on the new Mushroom Kingdom and tells them about the Cycle of Life (Brith, Death, Rebirth), and that new stars are being born that will one day turn into new galaxies.

Bowser is then seen shaking his head and getting up from the ground. According to the guide, he took the full force of the universe being reborn - a Low 2-C feat.

Bowser's feat is being discussed here on whether it is or is not an outlier.

But I'd also bring up the question, Why do we consider Rosalina as the one responsible for the universe's rebirth?

The reactor is what caused the black hole, and the Luma's are the one who stabilized the energy of the black hole - all she did was use a forcefield to block it and protect Mario.

Back