• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bounty-Hunting in Fantasy: Samus vs World Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deflection curses are a thing you know... Lorewise (and in earlier versions of the game) prayers and curses would completely protect the WG from physical or energy based attacks.

Completely protect is generally considered NLF here. Also, Samus's attacks ignore conventional durability and bypass all sorts of barriers. So attack reflection doesn't really work on Samus.

Barriers, conventionally being physical or technological ones. She's never displayed the ability to bypass mystical ones before.

Actually, she has. Ruins Test, Ing, pretty much every enemy enhanced by Phazon, ect. Ruins Test is the Chozo God of War with the same kind of hax you're referring to; and Samus defeated that in just her zero suit.

You're kidding right? The Chozo Test wasn't an enemy to be destroyed! It was a test of her aim and timing! The whole point of the test was so that it would periodically lower its defenses to allow the one being tested a fighting chance... something that wouldn't happen with the WG as he's not trying to let her win! The so called "God of War" was just a mechanical construct, nothing more!

Phazon is space radiation capable of mutating things, not mysticism! If you call that mysticism then you might as well call a hosipital X-ray mysticism. It honestly sounds like you don't know either of the source materials and you're just spouting off random things hoping to sound legitimate.

Do not be rude to other members. Anyway, look at their profiles, the orb Ruins Test summons possesses attack reflection, intangibility, and temporary invulnerability. Also, I played every Metroid game except for Federation Force, so do not tell me I do not know much about the source material.

More importantly, @SomeBodyData most knowledgeable person to ask regarding Metroid look at this blog for information about Phazon; it's actually one of the most haxed substances in fiction.

Also Samus has fought shit like ghosts, inter dimensional beings, and more. The whole thing aint just science, hell her strongest key, from a god giving her power.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Do not be rude to other members. Anyway, look at their profiles, the orb Ruins Test summons possesses attack reflection, intangibility, and temporary invulnerability. Also, I played every Metroid game except for Federation Force, so do not tell me I do not know much about the source material.
More importantly, @SomeBodyData most knowledgeable person to ask regarding Metroid look at this blog for information about Phazon; it's actually one of the most haxed substances in fiction.
Except the ruins test routinely TURNED OFF its protections so that samus stood a chance at passing the TEST. There is no way to beat the ruins test by shooting at it with its defences turned on. I'm going to keep telling you that you don't know the material as long as you keep ignoring the context of the "fight" you're using as an example.

The ruins test has a purposeful programming to turn off its protections routinely, the WG is not a robot programmed to purposely fail.

The Ruins Test is not a robot...

That said, looking at this thread, you believe that the barriers can't be bypassed because they're mystical in nature correct?

I'm saying that Samus does not have the ability to turn off the WG's curses. The curses in RS lore are construct shields made from a manipulation of anima mundi. Only a few monsters, such as Telos, with massive presences in the anima mundi are capable of forcibly (albiet temporarily) turn off the WG's protection. Last time I checked Samus was not a massive construct of the planet's soul. Samus' weapons are the kind of stuff that the WG's prayers and curses shrug off on a daily basis.

She can scan her opponents and find their weakness. Even if it's something she's never seen before, she can still find their weakness.

Saying that the Deflection curses make the WG completely immune to all forms of damage is completely NLF. In addition, Deflections only provide 60% reduction to attacks, with some attacks being Typeless and thus bypassing the Curse altogether. Araxxor can still web WG, the Kalphite King can still subdue and instantly kill him. I am all for the RS verse but saying that the only possible way to bypass Curses is to be a being created by the Anima Mundi is completely ridiculous.

Problem is, the 60% used to be 100%. The update was a mechanic added for game balance. Lorewise, even basic prayers are 100% protection as a priest of Saradomin impressed some locals by stopping an arrow barrage with his prayers. If you applied the 60% to the priest then 40% of the arrows would've still hit him and turned him into a pincushion. All of Samus' arsenal are essentially things that the curses reflect on a daily basis. Samus doesn't have an equivalent to things that can bypass the WG's curses.

Phantasys said:
Samus doesn't have an equivalent to things that can bypass the WG's curses.
Except for the nova beam and x ray visor, which is stated to bypass shields. Or the plasma beam, which can go through any life force that isn't a collosal being compared to her.

@Phantasys

While it was for balance, typeless damage was always a thing. Certain monsters even bypass abilities as a whole; why couldn't a shield-negation atack bypass curses?

Theglassman12 said:
Phantasys said:
Samus doesn't have an equivalent to things that can bypass the WG's curses.
Except for the nova beam and x ray visor, which is stated to bypass shields. Or the plasma beam, which can go through any life force that isn't a collosal being compared to her.
Last time I checked, the WG wasn't made of Phazite. Plasma beam, the WG's curses reflect lightning and fire just fine. Plasma is no different.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Phantasys
While it was for balance, typeless damage was always a thing. Certain monsters even bypass abilities as a whole; why couldn't a shield-negation atack bypass curses?
What would samus do to bypass them? Try to rip out a curse with her grapple beam?

It's still an energy projectile, merely at a higher frequency and made of electricity. If that were enough, then the Saradomin Strike would rip through curses like butter... but they don't.

It takes a higher frequency wave of energy to pass through stuff that normal stuff wouldn't be able to pass through. So do prime game mechanics make the wave beam not a wave beam anymore? Being made of electricity doesn't conflict with what other games portray the wave beam as.

Or space magic, not every thing needs an explanation. Like how Samus can turn on and off that suit and gave it vanish into aur.

Yes actually, it does, wave beam acts differently within the prime games , different properties. Doesn't even have phasing.

Ya realize that was only talking about frequencies? The doesnt need an explanation was referring to that, and let me reiterate, I said that because that may not be true, we dont know how it works, it could be any number OF reasons considering the fact it's chozo tech. Like magic bullshit, frequencies like ya said, interdimendional bypassing, dimensional shifting, spooky ghost stuff.

Also not a reason to ignore the rest of the post.

Verse equalization entails certain events. We can't say that anyone who can't interact with/disable Curses instantly loses to the WG. Also you still didn't talk about Typeless damage. Energy blasts that come from a non-magical source sound more typeless than most of the stuff that qualifies for such damage in RS.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Completely protect is generally considered NLF here. Also, Samus's attacks ignore conventional durability and bypass all sorts of barriers. So attack reflection doesn't really work on Samus.
Massively NLF+!!!

Did you remenber when you said that it would bypass an 6-D barrier? Nah, I'm joking.

That was long before Saber's barrier was considered Low Complex Multiverse level. Anyway, the fact is, Wave Beam can bypass, biological, technological, and supernatural/astral armors and barriers. She can also harm both intangible and supernatural beings.

On topic, Samus still needs two more votes to win this. WG's one vote was solely out of trolling, so that still counts as zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back