• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boundary Breakers: RP Thread

Rather than participate in the entry of this new earth, the chosen opt to explore the many worlds beyond. And so, utilizing their breakers, they vanish.

@Dusty

The gecko finds himself then in a hot desert, the sun beating down on him. Though, interestingly, there are unexpected swamps across the environment despite the poor vegetation.

Wild Spire Wastes, New World, Age Undefined

@Everything

Stratos finds himself in a large city. People are walking about with strange, non-earth creatures, a large tower built in the center of the town.

Lumiose City, Kalos Region, Age Undefined

@Spider

The breaker appears to complain, and displays new information to him. To travel about within the universe, he must have gone to the place he wants to travel to already. Thankfully, it appears he's not entirely helpless; new magic has made itself known to him.

@Lou

Nick arrives inside a large city, fairly medieval in terms of progression. In the distance, large walls of stone are visible to him.

Ba Sing Se, Earth Kingdom, Age 100 AG

@Deon

Grace arrives at his destination next, a large field of wheat. The sky is overcast, and the sea nearby is raging. It's a quite dismal place, it would seem...

@Rhythm

Kageyama arrived in a large field filled with grassy plateaus, a city with strange architecture in the distance. It was white buildings with various spherical and cylindrical shapes, not like the square buildings of most modern cities...

@Over

The Apocrypha would find himself in a dusty, dirty basement. What was above the room, he couldn't say, but the breaker told him this basement was larger than it first appeared, filled with rewards and risk alike.

@Yung and Tago

(IDK how the code geass and discworld worlds are lol, I'll trust you with that stuff)

@Crimson

Zero arrived last, on a bridge in a city. This place... he could just feel the immense amount of magic here, so much POTENTIAL. There had been a war here recently, one fought with magic, he could tell...

After looking at a bit of information for their destination, Reya decides to go there finally

"Earth, Saint Seiya." They say, despite how odd it sounds to, and allows the Breaker do it's magic.

The sanctuary in Athens, I'm not sure how well I could do if thrust directly in there, but that world in general should help.

Trying to wrap his mind around everything Izanagi said, Jack looks down at his hand and examines a new golden ring with a green gemstone embedded into the top.

He begins to compose himself while examining the various different effects in might have.

"Well I might as well go check out one of these of these other universes."

His eyes go over the list, before stopping at the one that says Fairy Tail.

"Fairy Tail huh, that sounds like a place with tons of magic to explore, let's go there first."

Jack then turns towards the group, " Seeya all later" before departing this world.

"Oh, sorry Mister Magic Book." Michael laments. He then takes to the sky and starts to fly. He wonders how long it will take to to get to Tibet.

(This is going off the assumption that I’m near the wildspire)

As Tyrant looked around he took in what he see. He saw that he was in between to two massive anthills each almost a story tall several meters apart from each other. Several strange flying creatures resting on them, with a couple flying around. The sound of buzzing could be heard as strange flying insects began moving towards Tyrant. Their stinger dripped with paralyzing venom.Rather than reach for his Breaker he challenged the Insects directly. “You think you can challenge the might of Tyrant?! I demand that you submit!”

"...So it worked. If my memory doesn't fail me, everything should be peaceful, atleast now." Kageyama would say, as he looked around. However first, taking deep breath, and trying to reunite energy. To charge up his energy... maybe take flight. "This could take quite some training, however. If I ace it at the first try, I could explore more of this world more efficiently."

Frank steps into Discworld, by the river Ankh and finds that the most noticeable feature of this fantasy land is almost certainly its stench. He tries to locate something on his person to cover his noise up with and notices a mask and -without much in the way of better options- opts to put it on. The fabric is pleasant.

Closing the portal behind him he begins to ask a few basic questions to his breaker. These include questions about the local deities/ cosmic beings in this world, the existence of magic, the nature of magic, the weaknesses of magic, the types of spells available, the creatures in this world, a brief description of each continent and country within, etc. He continued asking questions until, as is inexorable in Ankh Morpork (and as he would have known if he asked about his immediate surroundings first) he was subject to an attempted mugging. He quickly dispatched the assailants of course, though they tried to take his breaker and Frank took it as a sign to put his breaker away. Not before asking a few more questions about the nearest tavern. The name of this tavern? The mended drum.

"Alright, the super paranoid city. A great place to send three eyes." I say looking around. "How do I leave?" I ask the hat.

Alexander looks around, though without moving his head and with eyes hidden behind his sunglasses any outside observer would have a hard time telling that is what he's doing.

"Well… I was about to talk to myself again. I should stop that, lets just get to business, I have a packed checklist… I'm doing it again." Alexander lets out an overly dramatic sigh and heads off, South West, moving through the busy streets with purpose and certainty as if this world was not one he had only spent seconds in.

He makes his way to a large gateway, making his way through and exiting the city. Outside is a road surrounded by lush greenery. To the left is a skatepark, though Alexander pays no mind to it. His attention is more focused on the creatures that move around through the greenery. He sets his eyes on one particular, chosen from among the other for no reason besides pure chance, it looks remarkably similar to the rabbits that roamed his old world; a Bunnelby.

"Now let's start this Pokémon adventure. Catching a Pokémon without a Pokéball, this shouldn't be too hard." He says, moving near the creature gently but confidently.

The Apocrypha does two rapid neck notions, cracking being hearable with each.

"Show time."

He says, starting his journey of violently murdering and consuming everything moving within line of sight. With the information from the Breaker, he's searching for an item in specific that will allow him to quickly power up into by an acceleration equal to a singularity: Restock. Also, he needs to find ways to create infinite currency.

Should be easy enough really.

Grace would begin to look around with his brush arts at the ready, he would need to get a bearing on this world to see if it would be good as a place for him to turn into a place to farm for resources or for him to base here instead

The list of universes was extensive, and she wasn’t quite sure which one she should go to. ...scratch that, no one hundred percent sure how to even go to one in the first place. Wasn’t she supposed to receive...a breaker?

Item retrieval initiated

A compartment in her chest opened up and a tablet was thrusted out. She grabbed it and as the compartment closed, she examined it. Some strange, runic symbols. She couldn’t quite make heads or tails of it, but it seemed...familiar all the same.

”maybe I’m supposed to know this language?” She muttered. “My scanners aren’t picking up anything, though. Nothing I know. That’s infuriating...”

She glanced at the list and sighed. Well, whatever. Maybe this could help in going to another universe?

”Lets try...Barney? Is that a person? Maybe he could help me.“ she looked at the tablet. “Barney and Friends?”

"HAH! YES!" ZMD screams into the skies as he feels the reaches of this new era. Taking his breaker and whispering where the closest spots that may give hints on discovering the uses of magic are, he receives his answers. In particular, two houses and a church. How very odd, that the clues to such beautiful existence is hidden in such pathetic little houses.

He decides to make his move, taking in the beautiful scenary around him. Reaching the "Matou mansion", weird name as is, he kicks the door down and finds the room with all of the books of "Theory of Magecraft". He brings all of them into his BB's pocket dimension and then walks to the "Tohsaka mansion". The bounded fields around it are not a problem, he can simply break them with sheer brute force. Entering, he finds more... interesting artifacts, blue prints, and of course, more books. Dumping all of his findings into a particulary large room, he goes on to read everything he can find.

Basic Magecraft, Reinforcement, Projection, Necromancy, Astromancy, Black Magic, Curses, Alchemy, and so much more. Whoever wrote this has my blessings...

@Paul

Nevertheless, Reya is sent through time and space to Athens Sanctuary, Greece, year 1980.

@DMUA

As the maker crafts the souls of the dead into hellish armor, a group of soldiers, their teeth like daggers, finds him. They shout something in German, raising their rifles and firing!

@Zackra

Jack arrives in a bustling town, one filled with magic and wizards.

Magnolia Town, Kingdom of Fiore, Year X792

@Dusty_Raider

Interestingly, this seems to work. The insectoid monsters stop... and bow down before him, one by one. how interesting... apparently he can command these beasts for his own gain.

@Rhytm

As a spiritualist, development of spiritual energy is a strong suit for Kageyama. Indeed, after a bit of focusing his energy, he finds himself able to fly, zooming around with freedom. Well, that makes things quite easy!

@Lou

The breaker indicates that simply saying the name of one of the other worlds allows one to leave. If he's referring to leaving the city itself, the train system can take one out of the city and into the earth kingdom beyond.

@Everything

The bunnelby, as he approaches, makes a noise of fright and hops back, putting on as much of a threatening pose as it can. Even as little as it is, Stratos gets the feeling that it still has the speed and power to take his head off with a single kick. Care will have to be taken here, it seems...

@Jacky

The agony Izanagi feels from being made to do this by the powers that be is immense. Nonetheless, halve is sent to this world, a seeming replica of normal earth.

@Everyone

(Okay, so a note real quick: I'm mostly trusting you guys to DM yourselves here in terms of what you go about doing. I'll intervene as necessary and oversee things of course, but we're all adults here so you should be able to take things at the pace you want them to. This goes for the people I haven't responded to; you're more knowledgeable about those verses than Me so you can probably handle it)

Frank entered the mended drum, trying to see if the chatter there would inform him of anything about this world he didn't already know. This was not the case, in fact there were probably more unconscious (alive or otherwise) bodies in the tavern than there were words being spoken.

Deciding not to make this trip completely worthless, Frank questioned the Breaker on his aforementioned powers; the specifics of which seemed almost too good to be true. Spreading an aura of blind panic to everyone except a single troll, Frank snuck his invisible laser through a window in the tavern to melt the rocky creature into a digestible meal, teleporting his remains outside the pub with his breaker.

Fortunately, onlookers in Ankh Morpork wouldn't find an odd looking man feasting on molten rock in broad daylight too odd. Unfortunately, the troll was not a delightful snack; in fact the process of consuming it was not only a physically traumatising endeavour, but a morally and emotionally exhausting one too.

Next stop, the marketplace.

"Whew.."

As Diina arrives in Code Geass, she finds herself on a street filled to the brim with people. She looked around, closely observing her surroundings.

"Hmm..."

She wasn't quiet sure of what to make of this universe. In some ways it was an outdated place, but on the other hand she could say it was a bit futuristic.
She began asking her pen about the people and the happenings of this world to get a better grasp of her own situation.
That was when she find out the name of the giant robotic suit. Knightmare. In that moment all that she could think was....
"I want one!"

And so she started out on her journey through the rebelling Area 11 in search of a Knightmare frame to have for herself. And now that she had her boundary breaker along with the eyes of everyone in her surroundings, her finding what she's looking for is only a matter of time.

"... How disgusting. You are among the dead, but resist against me... I shall CLAIM YOU!"

HIs voice booms with his power again, wresting control over the souls of the dead ones that dare to attack him.

"A fighter, huh? Well, that's to be expected of a Pokémon, though it's not a Fighting Type, heh...…… Should probably gain a companion before this gets worse."

Alexander makes slow movements, crouching down to meet the rabbit-like Pokémon at eye level. His smile changes from his smirk to a warm smile and he holds his arms out.

"Why hello little guy. You certainly seem like a strong one, and eager to fight too. Would you like to come with me, I'm sure you can grow to beat all sorts of strong guys where I'm going." Alexander says in a soft but confident tone.

Halve blinked and looked around at her new surroundings. Wow, she couldn’t believe that actually worked. She hummed softly and began to explore, looking around this new world. She felt like there was something she could do here, but she wasn’t sure what.

She seemed to be in some sort of park. Maybe there were some people she could talk to here.

... and things immediately go awry. While the I-aught can see fairly well despite the relative lack of light sources, likely a new power, this place seems to have been built for someone capable of flight. He possesses some workarounds to this but none are very fast. Next, there are other things down here: giant hounds with bright red eyes, human-like things with green skin that shoot guns and throw explosives, floating balls of something especially foul-smelling, and strange creatures made of fire. None of these are particularly dangerous, especially with the knowledge that he is apparently immune to explosives after accidentally discharging a lightning bolt into a wall, but there are a great many of them and they constantly appear from evergety direction and his lightning bolt cannot be used at a great rate.

However, not all is bad, as there are more wands about, even if they are significantly weaker than the wands he currently possesses, and flasks of strange materials. Strangest of all is, according to the device, called Chaotic Polymorphine, which transmutes one creature into another on contact. His first test turned one of the hounds into a black floating blob that bled lava, so he decided to cease that experimentation and avoid such liquids like the plague. Additionally, there are many flasks of simple water, which proves to be rather useful with how much fire there is around here, either from explosions, burning oil, or those fire creatures, the Stendari. Other beneficial liquids are Berserkium, which fill his mind with rage and his body and magic with great strength, and Ambrosia, which renders him entirely indestructible as long as it stains his body. There is also teleportatium, but he decides against using it regularly after being teleport mere feet from a massive lake of lava. Curiously, there is an emerald tablet, shaped like an unwound scroll, on the ground near a skeleton, reading about the meaninglessness of wealth compared to the threat of death, and as such medicine is the highest of pursuits. Whoever put this here definitely has some sense of humor.

After a while of travel back the way he came, the I-aught comes across a strange metal structure hanging from the ceiling. Wishing to test his newfound magical abilities, strands of Chamon wind up to a point on the metal and it opens, not damaged by simply changed in shape, with a large gilded chest dropping onto the ground. The drop shatters the chest, which drops several massive chunks of gold and a strange white orb that appears to begin physically pulling him and the gold up into the air with it as it floats. Gathering the gold and the orb, his device names this item a "Kuu", a pocket-sized moon with significant gravitational pull. Putting it away, he continues on.

Eventually, he comes across a somewhat different area, which his device terms the Collapsed Mines. Here there are different, more dangerous creatures. Some are healthier versions of those found before, and some are entirely new, like a green orb with trailing tendrils and many eyes that bleeds acid and bursts with explosive force on death to release three smaller, similar creatures, although thankfully these do not duplicate themselves. Further in, there is a new structure, a Dark Cave, composed entirely of a different rock from before, much more damp, with the only entrance being into a deep, dark watery hole. He decides against taking that swim, and begins moving further down, eventually find a new structure entirely, termed the Hole Mountain. Above a dip in the structure is a portal, swirling and churning with energies, although his device states that it is entirely safe, which trusts.

Entering the portal, the I-aught finds himself somewhere else entirely, but not far from where he was, composed of the brickwork from the Holy Mountain, On a larger pedestal before him, surrounded by a small pond, are floating a massive glowing heart and a green diamond, and touching the heart he feels his vigor and stamina restored while his device states that the other thing recharges the uses of certain spells or modifiers. Further in, there are several wands, which he feels doing more than gazing upon and discerning the magic therein will cost him, and a further room. Buying one wand, and removing a "Luminous Drill" and a "Double Cast" from it for his own use, he moves into the next room, which has several more floating images: one labeled "Projectile Duplication", another "No More Knockback", and the third "Extra Perk", with his device informing him that only one can be taken. Indecisive and not knowing what lies ahead, he takes the Extra Perk, causing the others to disappear.

Re-entering the wand room, he checks the wands again for useful spells, finding something interesting: a wand with a "Spark Bolt" and a modifier that increases the damage of said bolt considerably, which he buys. Remembering the description for Luminous Drill, and that it makes the wand faster overall, he puts it on that wand before the spark bolt and the modifier, increasing its speed considerably to create an effective rapid fire wand to compliment the extreme damage but pitiful speed of his first wand. With all this in hand, he moves back past the perk room, noticing that the Holy Mountain collapses behind him with red particulates floating in the air, he climbs up over the tunnel out and drops down into the Coal Pits...

This caught Tyrant off guard he didn’t think they’d listen. “Good! Nice to see you know who is in charge.” He turned to the flying creatures that his breaker informed him were called Noios, flying wyvern with a screech that will leave one hard of hearing, unfortunately outside of that they lacked any real combat abilities. “Oh well every army needs fodder. Come along now!” He used the breaker to get info on the insects. They were Vespoids, they were insanely fragile but had a venom that could temporarily paralyze creatures WAY stronger than it. His army seemed to number at about 9 Vespoids and 12 or so Noios. A decent size but soon...He will have his old kingdom back and more.

“Noios! Take me to your water source! Surely we will have more recruits there!”

(Just a note: The creatures Tyrant has so far are basically Wall level)

Reya is quickly aware of the fact that, well, they're not in for a good time if they messed up here.

There isn't a holy war currently, but it's not like they no longer do anything at all because of that, I suppose trying to join the sanctuary is my best bet at surviving then, especially since they do need to recoup their loses somehow.

"
I'm aware that this looks bad, but I'd like to join the saints of Athena."

Being straightforward was just about the only option they had in this situation, so with hands raised to display their non desire to fight, another step deeper into the sanctuary was taken. Barely opening one eye, they scan the surrounding saints, seeing the cosmo burning within them, and in their cloths.

Predictably however, the sudden invader's words aren't instantly listened to, and instead, Reya gets locked up until the sanctuary decides what to do.

While sitting in the cell, Reya thinks back to the sight of the cosmo within the saints, their Nine Heaven's Eye allowing them to see it in more detail, they try to mimic it. Getting down into lotus position, they focus and start flaring up and burning their cosmo.

@Rhytm

As a spiritualist, development of spiritual energy is a strong suit for Kageyama. Indeed, after a bit of focusing his energy, he finds himself able to fly, zooming around with freedom. Well, that makes things quite easy!
...Well, flight was a new experience, but one he found himself easily mastering. As he tried to keep it somewhat low so habitants wouldn't suspect a thing. Now... Let's see how fast he could go.

He headed up to the skies, and started looking around... for a certain place, the Lookout. To see if maybe that place existed. He had to be careful as to not attract anybody, but from his knowledge... he wasn't strong enough to be considered a threat, but better be safe than sorry.

Of course, it was probably going to take a while with this speed, however he probably had all time in the world.

Last edited:
“….”

After meditating for a long time, I wake up, only to found myself in a strange place: In a middle of an endless pond, with a strange guy up ahead.

Nevertheless, I understood a few thing, as new knowledge and power flow into me. Since acting flustered would be uncouth of me, I would rather like to do stuff.

“So this is the world we could go in huh. What to pick…”

Steam rolling through the first Floor of the basement while leaving a trail of blood and gut behinds, The Apocrypha loots the item room, as he then reaches the first boss room ... thought calling that is ironic considering what with happen.

Entering inside, the blood lusted warrior come face to face against a disfigured being, a monstro so to say, but compared to the true monster there, it's just another victim. The Apocrypha immidiatly jets over on the thing before it can ever react to his presence, two tetnacles piecing right through it's eyes to blind and immobilize, while at the same time carving a giant, bloody hole in his face which he uses to piledrive his right arm right into into the brain, which is then destroyed from the inside by a surge of spikes and instantly killing the poor thing. The Apocrypha then tear apart the body, splitting it open by the middle and letting all the internal organs fall to the ground, then prompty gourging himself with anything worthwhile of the remains.

Afterwards, he takes the items for slauthering the bosss and descends down to the next Floor.

Last edited:
(This world sound neat. There is something I like to see in there)

After looking through the list, I decide to pick Dragon Ball. I heard that they use Ki, so it would be neat to feel it for myself.

And as such, I teleported to that world in an instant.

"mmmm, personally maybe exploring this "Initial World" and then if I don't like this place I'll just change the world" Sam walked through this new land in search of something that differentiates his world from this new one.

Upon going into the world, the change immediately made itself. A mysterious power dwell and flow freely in this world, enriching it with life, and into life. A world of fullness.

Taking in the clear blue sky at the moment, I once again meditate, and let the Ki stuff flow through me, circulate in my body.

[2 Questions did the trainers pick up the net ball on route 4 and can I use the energy whip as a fishing rod]

"...Ah there!"

After a bit of time, Diina located one of the Empire of Britannia's military bases located in Area 11. However, it was quiet a ways away, it would take quiet a while for her to walk over there... then there was the issue of actually getting inside and being able to steal a Knightmare Frame discreetly. Thinking over it a bit more, it seemed like quite the impossible task. She was already aware of the fact that she lacked offensive abilities when compared to the other summoned individuals, however, it wasn't something she had a particular problem with, because she had always considered herself to be physically weak; she's a girl, after all. Her strength is in her intelligence, and she was fully aware of that.

Even though Diina could be carefree and eccentric at times, in her core, she's a realist. There's no way she could get what she wants in this situation, by herself... and she knew that all too well.

She walked down the street and jumped into the car of someone who had seen her earlier and happened to leave the keys in the ignition while going off into teh shopping district.

She drove off in a red car down the road, heading towards another destination that she had found out about previously. The Shinjuku Ghettos where 11s are housed in mass.

After being teleported away from my home reality, I spent the time in the initial starting dimension observing the rest of the...individuals that also happened to teleported to this place with me.

What a strange group of monsters and fools. But Izanagi, what a great power that man possesses. To be able to fully defy the will of the Fates and surpass Olympus Mons to strike down a god.

I grasp my necklace's jewel and look at the list of worlds.

Now the potential to grasp great power is within my reach as well. There's no other choice but to further my path.

I spent some time asking the Boundary Breaker which worlds place the most emphasis on the spirit and I decide on the first step I will take to power.

"Take me to...Avatar: The Last Airbender."

The girl only quietly mumbled to herself, disappearing into her universe of choice.

[Final Fantasy X. I'm probably going to need a lot of aid with this given, well, I know literally nothing about the verse.]

Frank heads over to the marketplace, eventually spotting some wizards conducting their shopping there (all as his breaker told him). It seems to be part of a routine, as the pompous men (young and old) are able to exchange personal and referential pleasantries with their distributor.

Frank waits for one of them to put their staff down to reach for a bag, immediately using the same trick with his aura that he had done before: making the crowd panic so they didn’t recognise the ice spreading on the hilt of one of these wizard’s staffs and the same wizard's caved in skull.

It’s lucky, Frank thinks, that despite the wizards’ ability to observe the invisible they tend to be rather unobservant people.

Taking him away from the crowd via use of his portals Frank consumes him in one gulp via transitioning to his troll form.

Last edited:
@ZephyrosOmega

After learning what this experiment's nature was, a grin appeared on Bast's face and he started chuckling.

I may have lost my old one, but my new collection can become much greater than it! I am quite glad with this turn of events, he thought to himself.

After arriving on Earth Bast immediately started collecting animals throughout Central Park, focusing on animals with exceptional senses such as dogs and bats. He knew not to go after animals that seemed to have owners however. He wasn't looking for trouble just yet. He absorbed them all as he tamed them.

After that he was already moving on to the next world.

"Up next: Minecraft."

Last edited:
As the Noios lead the way, the Noios at the front of the group suddenly fell onto the group spasming with electric sparks jolting around it’s body. It was then that the Gajalaka https://monsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Gajalaka made themselves known. They burst out of the ground chanted and yelling war cries as they began to threateningly start pointing their weapons at Tyrant and his group.

“You dare to fight against me? Your entire world will soon serve me. I demand that you submit.” As if to emphasize his point, the Vespoids pointed their stingers in the direction of the tribal creatures.

This caused the Gajalaka to stop their assault and look at each other as if unsure. It was then that Tyrant got an idea. “Allow me to show you strength worthy of your servitude.” With that Tyrant transformed into a foot taller form of himself with a longer snout and bulging muscles. This seems to have won the little Gajalaka hunting party over. Adding about 6 new members to his ranks. Looking into his breaker, Tyrant saw these beings had various poisons and weapons that could aid in capturing other monsters. These fellas were a decent find.

... But things aren't quite as frantic as before, now. While now the healthy beasts from above are commonplace, in addition to being armored in some cases, on top of new creatures, like large flies and their hives that bleed lava and flying purple bat-like things that bleed a light-purple slime. Thankfully, the latter doesn't slow the I-aught down at all, despite the clear effects on other creatures and massive piles of the material that end up forming.

A bit further in, he finds two unusual structures: an oblong metal structure, open on both sides, with the bottom filled with water and the top emblazoned with a cloud symbol; and a black cube, with golden symbols carved into it that his device translates to say "MEDITATE." Not exactly knowing exactly what to do with either, and the potential danger of testing the latter, he moves on.

After a while, he finds the Holy Mountain at bottom of this area, but decides to test the sides of this area. To the east there is simply a massive wall of dense rock, but on the left there is something interesting and new: the Fungal Caverns. A fungus-infested area that proves quite lucrative, with great abundances of magical liquids, wands, and foes that drop a good deal of gold. However, this place can be exceptionally dangerous, as demonstrated when a light-pink projectile hits his back, and suddenly he cannot even see his own hands. Then, another something hits him, and he feels like he's suddenly falling, before feeling like he's choking, before landing hard on rock. Until his deprivation of sight wears off, he simply hides in a mostly covered outcropping of rock.

When sight returns, the I-aught has no goddamn clue where he is, other than that he seems to be at the bottom of this area, which is composed of an extremely heavy-feeling rock. Looking out of his hidey hole, he can see what looks like a giant rat in a green robe floating through the air, accompanied by another hooded figure with purple skin. The rat-mage, a Siirtajamestari, shoots some blue projectile at a nearby walking mushroom, which disappears and can be seen rapidly appearing and then disappearing again several times around the area before this halts. The purple mage, a Sokiasunmestai, shoots a purple projectile at what looks like a piece of metal wall, which begins shooting wildly and falls over into the larger area, dying on impact. However, a few of those shots hit the Siirtajamestari, which appears to bleed Teleportatium and disappears.

Taking his chance, the I-aught fires a lightning bolt at the Sokiasunmestari, killing it instantly and having its body plop the ground, sizzling. Then... it all just sort of, gets sucked into his mouth. He didn't even chew, and it didn't strain his throat at all. He knew about this beforehand, but actually doing it was a very different experience than what his device stated. Deciding not to think about that, he tallies what was gained from this consumption: he can, obviously, fire that blinding projectile, is immune to it himself, and can properly fly now. However, there isn't much time to test this before the Sirrtajamestari reappears, before being killed by another bolt of lightning. Again consumed, while obviously not immune to forcible teleportation, both aspects of that teleportation power could be extremely useful.

With these powers, he easily manages to escape the Fungal Caverns, and immediately heads for the Holy Mountain. He immediately takes the rejuvenating heart, but passes over the diamond again. In the wand room, he tallies some spells he pulled from within in prior area, and attempts something to see what would happen: he places a multicast at the very end of a wand, with no spells beyond it. Curiously, this appears to fire the spell before it, assuming one with a double cast, twice, which provokes some inspiration. Putting a double cast on his spark bolt wand between the luminous drill and spark bolt appears to double the speed-increasing effects of the drill, resulting in this wand firing many times per second. The I-aught is more than a little giddy at that. The perks this time around are "More Blood", "Perk Lottery", "No Wand Tinkering", and "Invisibility." From what his device states, he has absolutely no reason not to take Perk Lottery, as it can trigger on that purchase, which it does. Desiring a more significant degree of safety, he takes Invisibility, resulting in the other perks disappearing. Finally, he floats over the lip out of the Holy Mountain and falls into the Snowy Cavern...

The Ancient One/Tibet
"So I'm Michael McConnel. I understand that The Ancient One is here. Being at 70, I've come in the hopes that I can learn from her wisdom and catch up on all the time I've lost in pursuing magic."
"So I'm hoping to make a stay here in Kamar-Taj."
The Ancient One just nods. "You have much to learn, despite the fact you already know more than mere beginners."
Michael would begin learning how to cast spells using dimensional energy, and how to defend himself.

Back