• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boundary Breakers: RP Thread

An existing theory about the multiverse is that it takes the form of a giant tree, each branch splitting off into its own timeline, and each leaf on those branches being their own universes, spiralling endlessly throughout the void as a beacon of creation. According to some scholars, each timeline branches off of a single "prime" one, the trunk of the tree that makes up the entire multiverse, some of them representing alternate histories, some of them still representing worlds sprouted from human imagination. Breaking the boundaries between these branches is considered to be nigh-impossible.

So let's do it!

Whatever twisted god is watching this experiment play out decided to take a group of people, plucking them out of random universes and placing them in a single branch, one matching our very own earth. However, he's decided to give them a gift as well. A single item, taking whatever form they desire, that allows them to travel between universes. Each is given access to a single world that resonates most directly with their soul, which is shared across their fellow experimentees.

With all of this in mind, the god plans to merely watch what happens when he gives a group of normal people this ability, and perhaps even a couple extra bits...

Meta Thread

Sandbox

--

Whatever you were doing before, across each of your respective universes, the same thing happens to you, the same moment across overarching time. Creation begins to crumble around you, reality literally breaking away and revealing a red maelstrom beneath. Before it can all shatter entirely, however, everything goes white for you, your vision entirely taken up by light.

When the light fades, all PCs find themselves inside an endless expanse, a shallow sea, the water they're standing on as undisturbed and reflective as a mirror, perfectly reflecting the sunset around them. The place feels almost too real, as if it's more amplified than any of the worlds they've come from before today.

1000462.jpg

It seems nobody else is around but the group summoned here.

"WHOAH!!!" The old man, Michael McConnel exclaimed. "I was just learning REAL magic, and then suddenly I popped up here, wherever this is."
"Is this what it's like to Astral Project?" He asked seriously. It was just then he noticed that the book he used the spell from started to glow from it's writings. He safely closed it and held it close. "Who are you people? None of you are from the group."

"... This is... greatly... inconvenient..."

The maker looks around at his surroundings, seeing various young ones, but none that seem truly responsible for this sudden teleportation... Did someone catch wind of his intentions?

A figure in a suit and sunglasses stands casually in this strange realm. With his hands in his pocket and a smirk on his face, he shows no surprise or worries at the disappearance of everything and the unknown sights that now surrounds him.

The I-aught simply stands there, seeming either petrified or entirely unfazed in unnatural stillness, his head slightly tilted.

"Tch."

The Apocrypha's head slightly shifts from side, observing it's surronding while holding his sword at the ready.

Frank looks around and shrugs.

“Alright, well clearly you guys are as clueless as me. Maybe the situation will be explained later, this feels like something an intelligent being is responsible for; however if people want answers maybe they’d be interested in revealing a bit about themselves and how they got here. I’ll go first, my name’s Frank Bolrock, I’m a bishop and I came here after reality started to shatter around me.” he says in a pleasant, calming tone.

Last edited:
“WHAT?! Why does it feel like this happened before? It doesn’t matter! I was doing something importan-“ The bipedal gecko looked around at all the people around before him. “Who the hell are all of you? The Mighty Tyrant demands answers!”

"...tch, hehehaha."

The man in a weird outfit looks around the place, mesmerized by the new sights. He nearly spins with joy.

"Now now, I don't imagine this is a natural phenomena, is it not, is it not?! Interference from the Beyond is it?! For centuries I have yearned to leave reality! Hahahaha!"

He loudly lets his joy slip away for a few more seconds, before composing himself. There are other people around, he can't act like a monkey around them, specially not in what seems to also be a maiden of his world.

He fixes his glasses and waits for something to happen.

Bast's eyes widen in suprise and his red pupils constrict in the face of the sunset.

Where the hell am I?!

He takes a look at the people around him. They don't seem responsible for kidnapping him.

"Did the rules change again." Nick says to himself.

This thought doesn't last as he realizes the confusion and claims of the others don't match this idea.

"This is definitely not Nevada, I wonder what could have altered reality" said the mercenary while fixing his hair, who knows could be anything that caused this improvability.

The figure in the green suit raises an eyebrow slightly at the actions of those around him.

"So we are proceeding to introductions already? Well, it would be rude for me to not introduce myself as well. I am Alexander, Alexander Stratos. It will be a pleasure, I'm sure." The figure now known as Alexander introduces himself, his continued relaxed posture at odds with his polite words of greeting.

Jack initially oblivious to his surroundings, mumbles something incoherent while staring at a tome floating in front of him. Suddenly he closes his book and let's out a big yawn, before turning towards the group.

"Wha-What the hell?"

He then looks around at all these strange individuals before him, grasping the situation at hand.

"This makes getting to my meeting rather problematic."

"What in the Nine Hells!" the man exclaims the moment he finds himself here, with it holding a slight accent to it, "Sorry about that, all just a bit of a shocker to see this" He gestures to everything around him "The theory for alternate world existing was already confirmed but bloody hell I never imagined it would be confirmed like this"

Seeing the others introducing themselves, Tyrant decided a more formal introduction was in order.

The 2ft gecko began to speak, the haughtiness and pride could literally be felt in his voice. “You all stand before Tyrant! The Gecko King! Now who hear hasn’t been introduced yet?” He crossed his arms and grinned.

Seeing the others introducing themselves, Tyrant decided a more formal introduction was in order.

The 2ft gecko began to speak, the haughtiness and pride could literally be felt in his voice. “You all stand before Tyrant! The Gecko King! Now who hear hasn’t been introduced yet?” He crossed his arms and grinned.
"I'm Michael." Michael McConnel stated. "Uh, you are a two foot talking gecko. . . Your Majesty, what would be your name?"

The girl just remained quiet and stood alone, not approaching nor particularly interacting with anyone, holding her tome in peace.

"my name is Samuel woods." Said the man with brown hair, he had mistrust in these people after all they did not know each other.

Not listening particularly closely to all the conversations occurring, the I-aught looks around this new place he finds himself in. It gives off a strange feeling, like it's somehow more real than reality. It is certainly more than a little disconcerting, if not very threatening, although he doubts the latter is the intention.

@ Everything, @ Hl3, @ Crimson

Frank raises a soft smile at the group and turns to Stratos "Would you mind tellin' everyone what your occupation is- or was, I suppose?". He also glances at the shouty wizard and I-aught. "And you two, how about you introduce yourselves as well?"

Last edited:
Diina simply remains quiet with both of her eyes closed. Carefully getting a feel for the surroundings and thinking deeply about her current predicament.

"Hmm.."

Bast fully regained his composure after noticing they were all in the same boat. Upon noticing the gecko he decides it will become part of his collection one day.

"I am Bast, pleased to meet you." He introduces himself to the group.

He didn't sound sincere, but there didn't seem to be any ill intent after his words either.

"A king huh, Interesting" he grows a small smile "Last time I met one he bisected me, good times, we had a laugh after I reached my two halves, I hope you wont sully my thoughts on them"

The robed figure kept their eyes shut through everything, even as they reached out and touched the water under them with one of their hands, and listened to the conversations all around, deep in their own thoughts all the while.

System boot up initiated. Running diagnostics check...all systems operational.

Activating Personality and Conciousness Protocol...ERROR. Memory banks corrupted. Salvaging what we can...

Personality is corrupted. Performing factory reset...factory reset complete. Personality set to default.

Q: What is my name?
A: Halve

Q: Who created me?
A: Unknown

Q: What is my purpose?
A: Unknown

Initializing wake up protocol.

Hello world!

Halve’s eyes opened, and she realized she was laying down. She brought a hand to her face, and realized half of it was missing. That was unfortunate, but it didn’t hinder her performance.

She stood up, and looked around at those nearby. Her robotic eyes whirred and examined those nearby. Interesting life forms, but she recognized none of them. “Interesting...”

"Ah, an automaton how interesting. Where I'm from the technology isn't quite there yet so my only knowledge about your kind is basically from movies and other media, but it fascinating to seen one of you in person."

"My name is Nick." I said. "I don't have anymore of a clue then you what is going on here other than we aren't in limbo. Well maybe we are but not the one I am from."

@Jackythejack
Diina finally opened her eyes when she heard Halve. She looked over to Halve with a somewhat surprised expression. She walked over to her...

"Hoh...?"

She began poking and proding her.

"This is interesting, interesting!! Are you a cyborg? Or are you an actual Artificial intelligence?"

Diina asked while being pretty invasive and unreserved. From her expression, she appeared to be very excited now, as opposed to the face she wore previously.

With a sudden appearance of a pillar of violet light, the water was disturbed, rippling across the feet of those that had been summoned. From the pillar stepped out a man with a simple white robe and pale skin. His eyes were violet, his hair stretched down to his ankles and flowed like it was underwater, and interestingly, he bore the ears and tail of a fox. All in all, there was an extreme divine aura about him, one that demanded respect...

...Which then made his next action rather jarring.

"Oh hell, the summon worked. Hiya, mortals!"

The god(?) gave everyone a thumbs-up. "Sorry about the whole 'stealing you from your worlds' thing. Name's Izanagi, and I've got a little bit of an experiment to run!"

@Tago238

"Zero Man Death's the name. I'm, of course, a Mage. My job is to defile, study and obtain all magic in existence, heh."

@ZephyrosOmega

ZMD looks once again stunned at the light show. His eyes glow at the God's appearance, alongside a number of feelings boiling up and damn near exploding.

I want him, i want his body, i want his Divinity, i want everything about him let me use him give me give me give me give me give me give me

Alexander once again only raises an eyebrow at these strange events. His unchanging posture and sunglasses hidden gaze making judging his emotions difficult, as on the surface he seems to take everything happening so far with unnatural calm.

@Zeph “YOU! What could be so important that made you think bringing me here was okay?” The little gecko stomped in a rage.

The rippling water wets the very lowest portion of the I-aught's robe, and the sensation is quite nice. Of course, this new being had much of his attention, looking quite unusual and vaguely reminding him of something. It's statement is also a little bit strange, but intriguing at the same time.

"... Izanagi... that sounds like the name of... weeaboos..."

His body shivers with disgust to accompany his mutters, as he continues to listen to everyone asking their questions and the god presumably answering.

Back