• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boruto Spoilers

Spoilers ahead.

It seems that Naruto dies in the new Boruto manga.

Spoilers said:
Cover Spread (chara from L to R) Kawaki, Papasuke, Inojin, Chou-Chou, Shikadai, Moegi, Paparuto Sarada, Mitsuki, and Boruto (who's starting a rasengan) are running out of the panel. ÒÇîþóºÒüìþ£╝Òü½Þ╝ØÒüìÕ«┐ÒüùÒÇüµû░ÒüƒÒü¬µÖéõ╗úÒéÆÚºåÒüæµè£ÒüæÒéï´╝ü´╝ü´╝üÒÇì A radiant inheritance within his blue eyes... he's running through a new era!!

Page 1 Splash Text: ÒÇîÕ┤®ÕúèÒüùÒüƒþü½Õ¢▒Õ▓®ÒüºÕ»¥Õ│ÖÒüÖÒéï´╝Æõ║║――´╝ü´╝üÒÇì "The confrontation of these two people at the crumbling Hokage Monument....!!" Older Boruto: ÒÇî…ÒüôÒüôÒü¥ÒüºÒéäÒéïÒü¿Òü»Òü¬…Òé½Òâ»Òé¡…´╝üÒÇì "...So you went this far, eh...Kawaki...!"

Older Kawaki: ÒÇîÒüèÕëìÒééõ©âõ╗úþø«Òü¿ÕÉîÒüÿµëÇÒü©ÚÇüÒüúÒüªÒéäÒéïÒéê…Òâ£Òâ½ÒâêÒÇì
"I'll even send you off to the same place as the Nanadaime Hokage...Boruto"

[T/N: ÚÇüÒüúÒüªÒéäÒéï Can also mean 'to bury' (ie. an alternate translation for this line could be like, 'You will also be buried at the same site as the Nanadaime Hokage'). Kawaki is lightly implying that he's going to kill Boruto, in other words. So there is some implication that either Naruto is dead, or in near-death offscreen. The wording is unlikely to mean he's just off somewhere else]

Page 2 Older Boruto: ÒÇî…ÒüôÒüåÒü¬ÒéïÒüùÒüïÒü¬ÒüïÒüúÒüƒÒü«Òüï…ÒÇì "...So there's no other choice but to do it this way, eh?..." [Boruto has scar on his right eye, kinda like Kakashi]

Older Kawaki: ÒÇîÒüØÒüåÒüá.ÒÇì
"That's right...." [Older Kawaki clenches his fist, and the tattoo down the left side of his body changes from black to red. Kinda looks like a minimalistic Shinju (/God Tree) pattern with fruit+leaves)

Older Kawaki: ÒÇîÕ┐ìÒü«µÖéõ╗úÒü»þÁéÒéÅÒéïÒÇì
"It's the end for the era of shinobi." [Scene pans to Konohagakure carnage. The new buildings, Hokage office, etc. completely wrecked]

Older Boruto: "..."
"...." [Grabbing Papasuke's(?) hitai-ate from the wall]

Older Boruto: ÒÇîÒüáÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÒéé…ÒÇì
"Even if that's the case..." [Boruto puts back on his/Papasuke's hitai-ate, the cut on it matches up with his right eye now. His matching tattoo on his right side turns blue]

Page 3 Older Boruto: ÒÇî…Òé¬Òâ¼Òü»ÒÇì "I am...."

Older Kawaki: "!"
"!" [Boruto opens his right eye...no pupil/Byakugan-ish] Older Boruto: ÒÇîÕ┐ìÞÇàÒüáÒÇì "...a ninja"

[Older Boruto and Older Kawaki the clash!!]

Source

Thoughts?

That's kinda iffy. Naruto and Sasuke may have disappeared somehow, maybe tracking down the Otsusuki or something. I find it hard to believe two moon+ beings would lose to some random guy Boruto can take, unless this Boruto has Tenseigan for eyes, considering his byakugan-like blank eyes but his eyes are also described iirc as eyes bluer than Naruto's.

Still, it's too early to say.

Gemmysaur said:
That's kinda iffy. Naruto and Sasuke may have disappeared somehow, maybe tracking down the Otsusuki or something. I find it hard to believe two moon+ beings would lose to some random guy Boruto can take, unless this Boruto has Tenseigan for eyes, considering his byakugan-like blank eyes but his eyes are also described iirc as eyes bluer than Naruto's.
Still, it's too early to say.
It seems that the new manga starts with a flashforward. But it can be just marketing material (like that movie where Naruto "died")

who is Kawaki?

IMO, seems too much like Naruto chasing Sasuke, at the end of Part 1.

I hope that, at least, the back story behind this is interesting and that Naruto's death, if true, is epic.... not some PIS.

Hahahah Random Guy kill naruto??

I say this many time,boruto Naruto is very Weak,downgrade too Mountain lvl this shit...

Derpmaster9000 said:
I can see ftds having a stroke over his favorite wanking material biting the dust lol
Shhh. He might hear. His lightspeed million year old Naruto who stomps both god and Trihexa has universal sage sensing.

Wbaez93 said:
It seems that the new manga starts with a flashforward. But it can be just marketing material (like that movie where Naruto "died")
Yeah. Naruto is turning out like Stan Lee being confirmed dead like 12 years ago or something.

Kaptain2345 said:
Hahahah Random Guy kill naruto??
I say this many time,boruto Naruto is very Weak,downgrade too Mountain lvl this shit...
There no reason to downgrade anything.

Meh dont beleive he is dead probably just mia, but if he is find it unbeleivable a random dude who boruto can take took out practically one of the god's of the verse unless he pulled some shady stuff but even then its unbeleivable.

He probably be back with Edo Tensei or something. Obito returned from the afterlife and when away because he wanted to pass on. Maybe we will see some DBZ afterlife where Naruto is gonna learn the Kaioken before learning his an alien decendent... Oh, wait he already is one...

Just read the 1st chapter and got to say I am a bit irritated with this series, it should have ended with the original series but instead its being milked. The art looks terrible and besides like the first few pages everything else was just a repeat of the boruto movie. And this series is completely taken a dump on naruto's achievements, the world is suppose to be at peace, no wars, people are suppose to have understood each other that's what jiraya and naruto wanted and yea naturally people will never fully understand each other but at least the ninja villages wanted peace but here comes this guy out of nowhere to wreck everything and kill the 2 god's of the verse? Unless he is an otsutsuki i am calling bs.

They aren't gods, and Kaguya was scrath at the last second as an alien we haven't been introduce to the "gods" in Naruto yet. Also I think the new guy could be Madara's son.

HokageMangaVox said:
They aren't gods, and Kaguya was scrath at the last second as an alien we haven't been introduce to the "gods" in Naruto yet. Also I think the new guy could be Madara's son.
Compared to everyone else besides the otsutsuki clan and sage madara, they are gods everyone else is so laughable below them in power. Anyway i will stick around and see what's gonna happen but i dont have any expectations.

I bet Hinawari is also a God, can we make a profile for her since she one-shot Naruto. The Top Tiers, Yes. Gods? Not even a tittle.

HokageMangaVox said:
I bet Hinawari is also a God, can we make a profile for her since she one-shot Naruto. The Top Tiers, Yes. Gods? Not even a tittle.
Himawari one shotting naruto was a gag scene/ pis, what i am saying is that at the level of power naruto and saskue are suppose to be at it makes no sense for anyone short of possessing sage of six path power/ being in the otsuysuki clan to be able to do anything to them. Anyway i have my opinions on this series already and i am admittedly a bit irritated with the concept of it already however i will still give it a chance to see if it will actually be good.

Kaguya was only given the title god by others she's not an actual God the only possibly real "gods" are what pain was referring to in his attacks "of the omnipresent God" but those are likely just names

Akuto Sai12 said:
Kaguya was only given the title god by others she's not an actual God the only possibly real "gods" are what pain was referring to in his attacks "of the omnipresent God" but those are likely just names
I never said naruto and sauske were gods well i did but i didnt mean them being literal gods i meant that in comparison to every else in terms of power they are "gods" because everyone else is so far below them they seem like gods, they are the "gods" of the verse excluding the otsutsuki and madara.

Moon lvl Naruto and Sasuke get rekt by children kid xD.

I mean even Boruto can fight with Kawaki and this random guy kill Naruto and Sasuke??

Even Kaguya cant doing this *laugh*

Sry but this is bullshit,i wait for next chapter but idont like this,this is much downgrad for sasuke and naruto.

We don't know how strong that Boruto was in the opening. Boruto may have an implanted dojutsu eye and sage mode or something.

Himawari > Naruto as well.

Nice title, I pretty much get spoiler by looking at the Title alone, You know it will much better if you just thinking a little bit hard for Your title so you can just write it possible Boruto spoiler intead of Naruto dies :)

This story is too boring for me .Now , we should upgrade boruto, himawari and kawaki who are at least 5C, Possibly 5B :))))

Raito Utopia said:
This story is too boring for me .Now , we should upgrade boruto, himawari and kawaki who are at least 5C, Possibly 5B :))))
Haha lol Boruto is never 5b,for me is like kawaki and boruto is pain lvl or something we see this in future.

So waiting.

Kawari never said he kill them, it could be the fraction group he could be with or it could had happen by a villian before Kawari. They could also be alive in another dimension or planet and Boruto and Kawari are linking their marks on their arms to open a portal. Panels could had been misunderstood or Naruto is reck to be Moon level for life. :/

The amount of trolling on this board is appalling. Control yourselves guys, this isn't a Fun and Games thread. On another note, Naruto does seem to be dead here...who thought this was a good idea?

I do wonder though if this should just be moved to the fun and games board, like the Dragon ball discussions.

True.

Anyway I'm glad Narujesus is dead, to me was one of the worst characters in the story alongside obito,kaguya and sakura.

LordAizenSama said:
True.
Anyway I'm glad Narujesus is dead, to me was one of the worst characters in the story alongside obito,kaguya and sakura.
His character deteriorated in the second part of the story everything he stood for was strampled over. Naruto was suppose to be the no talent guy who worked his hardest to become stronger then comes the 4th great ninja war(worst arc in naruto imo the amount of asspulls was ridiculous) and we find out naruto was destined for greatness and the only difference between him and asura is that he is dumber what? That was terrible sigh, many people like naruto because of his power but they dont understand what the character stood for, naruto isnt the best character in naruto far from it, i like sasuke more which is pretty ironic i liked naruto more at first and hated sasuke with a passion but now the roles are reversed though i dont hate naruto with a passion the ones i do hate with a passion are obito and sakura.

Naruto only had a training section with Killer-B and that was all he need to end the war + another power boost from Yin-Yang chakra. Don't mention all the techniques he had without any info or foreshadow about them, he just knew how to use and make them.

For me Naruto felt down the rabbit hole since Pain's Arc ended.

LordAizenSama said:
True.
You forgot to add Aizen, Madara (just as planned) and Sasuke. But if you're just talking about Naruto, then you may be right. But since you wrote "history" I think you're talking in general. :p

Celestial Pegasus said:
Naruto was suppose to be the no talent guy who worked his hardest to become stronger then comes the 4th great ninja war(worst arc in naruto imo the amount of asspulls was ridiculous)
The only "asspull" was Hagoromo's gift. He, unlike Sasuke, had to train to master his powers.

and we find out naruto was destined for greatness

He wasn't. He was destinated to fight Indra's reincarnation.

Besides, Indra and Asura had reincarnated into various individuals throughout history (as stated by Hagoromo).

However, we don't know anything about those previous reincarnations, which means that just because they reincarnate in other people, it doesn't mean that said people will be "destined for greatness."

Btw, Indra was the one who had the "talent" on his side. Asura had to work hard to be at Indra's level.

"As a child, Asura lived in the shadow of his genius older brother. Having displayed no natural talent himself, Asura came to realize the value of others and the power of the friends and allies he made.""

@Kyofusama93 There were many asspulls in the 4th great ninja war lets see what i remember off the top of my head obito being alive after losing his saga power i get zetsu was keeping him alive but then when zetsu left he was still alive that made no sense and dont get me started on kakashi just spamming his ms when it was previously established he couldnt just do that he died in the pain arc because he overused it and yea he might have gotten better with it but it doesnt justify how many times he spammed it and all he got as a reprocusssion was becoming near sighted? i call bs. And obito returning from the dead and giving kakashi his sharigans thats clearly an asspull.

Naruto was destined for greatness because he is the reincarnation of hagoromo's son you can't deny this. Yes asura was a hardworking but is naruto a hardworking? He was hardworking in part 1 and he learn sage mode on his own but after that he just relied on the kyubi who was gifted to him by his father. He was just gifted his powers and yea granted the same could be said for sasuke but can you really tell me that the naruto in the ninja war is the same knuckle headed ninja who never gave up and worked hard. Not only was naruto the reincarnation of asura which if madara and hashirama told us anything those reincarnations always are destined for great things but naruto was also the son of the 4th hokage. With so much handed to him how can you say naruto was not destined to be great.

I thought you were talking just about Naruto and his powers.

"Naruto was destined for greatness because he is the reincarnation of 'hagoromo's' son you can't deny this."

I just showed you why I can and why he wasn't destined for greatness.

"Yes' asura was 'a hardworking but is naruto a hardworking?"

He was (before receiving Hagoromo's power.)

"He was just gifted his powers"

Which ones? Just Hagoromo's power, as I said.

"can you really tell meNaruto in the ninja war is the same knuckle headed ninja who never gave up and worked hard."

He already worked what he had to work before the war. After that came Hagoromo's power, but as I said, that's the only asspull that he got. (But when Madara, aka just as planned, started to make his moves, everything lost sense).

"Not only was naruto the reincarnation of asura which if 'madara' and 'hashirama' told us anything those reincarnations always are destined for great"

What? I didn't understand. Were you trying to say that Madara and Hashirama said that Indra and Asura's reincarnations were always destinated for greatness?

"but naruto was also the son of the 4th hokage."

And? He didn't get anything from that fact.

"With so much handed to him how can you say naruto was not destined to be great."

What was handed to him? lol.

I can't bold. :O

He was handed the nine tails by his father who thought with the kyubi he could do something great and guess what he did in the 4th great ninja war. He was handed also sage power and started pulling feats out his ass as lordaizen puts it he became narujesus being able to heal eyeballs and heal people like guy who was suppose to be dead after using the 8 gates. Anyway i am not going to waste my time here i have my opinion that naruto as a character deteriorated while you have yours and am pretty sure neither of us will change our minds.

"He was handed the nine tails by his father who thought with the kyubi he could do something great and guess what he did in the 4th great ninja war."

He just got trashed by the village, but it doesn't matter...

Besides, you forgot that the Kyuubi difficulted his Shinobi career (with the chakra molding), Jiraiya even says so.

After that, he had to train for two years to master just three tails of that power.

And finally, he fought the Kyuubi for his power. Yeah, he got help, but that's what Naruto is about, getting stronger thanks to his friends.

As I said, he didn't get anything from the fact that Minato was his father; Minato almost jeopardized his Shinobi career.

And if he accomplished something with that power, it was just because he trained to achieve it.

" He was handed also sage power."

As I said; that's the only asspull that you can rely upon (if you're talking about Hagoromo's gift).

As I was trying to say, Naruto (the character) wasn't completely bad in the War Arc if you take into consideration his characteristics (for me, he was bad since the beginning).

He went "downhill" (which is saying much) after receiving Hagoromo's power (which I already stated). But before that, he was still in his roots.

And saying that he was destined for greatness just because he was Asura's reincarnation is totally false; he was destined to fight Indra's reincarnation, just that.

I won't be following Boruto anyway, the art looks trash

Is this series going to be considered canon? Kishimoto is neither writing nor drawing it

Back