• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This is what the reasoning for future sight it and no one was using their Byakugan for the fight so change me to completely disagree unless it's been shown he doesn't need the Byakugan for Clairvoyance.
what?
how is this relevant lol, boruto's future sight isnt based on his byakugan, it's based on momoshiki being able to tell the future.

Momoshiki told Boruto to dodge an incoming attack.

He doesn't need to have used future sight in order to do that.
yes he would, because momoshiki would have needed to have known the attack was happening prior to warn boruto.

also thats while also ignoring the scene is holistically part of larger context of momoshiki seeing the future and telling Boruto that he will get killed by his friends if he doesnt run away.

yes he would, because momoshiki would have needed to have known the attack was happening prior to warn boruto.
Or you know he could have sense it with the Byakugan or just the chakra.
also thats while also ignoring the scene is holistically part of larger context of momoshiki seeing the future and telling Boruto that he will get killed by his friends if he doesnt run away.
That's kinda common sense and not future seeing though.
if you read the manga you would know Momoshiki was able to see and even share the future with Boruto directly while inside him.. this was done without having a physical body
So? You don't need a physical body to say you have the Byakugan.

The only way you can know that an attack is coming is with future sight?

Or you know he could have sense it with the Byakugan or just the chakra.
by your own admission there is no evidence that anyone used the Byakugan, you cant contradict yourself when it's convenient. also no momoshiki in this form has only three feats

1. seeing the future, it's kind of his thing, he keeps reminding us and spends the entire chapter telling us he can see the future and sees boruto's friends killing him
2. Stop Time (which he doesnt do here)
3. Talk with Boruto

saying his using the Byakugan or just chakra sensing requires an extreme amount of mental gymnastics to avoid the blatantly obvious.
Occam razor is heavily in my favor here

yes because the other reasons requires extensively more mental gymnastics to prove
I think it requires zero mental gymnastics to acknowledge that he possesses the Byakugan and is therefore more perceptive than Boruto, allowing him to see with his own eyes that an attack is incoming and warn Boruto of it.

Momoshiki told Boruto to dodge an incoming attack.

He doesn't need to have used future sight in order to do that.
that dosent make sense honestly by default alive or dead he possess the byakugan , which numerous times have shown the power to read fates and even show boruto his own future (by their thoughts crossing over), you cant say he senses chakra cause there has been no such mention before in manga while he is a spirit

I think it requires zero mental gymnastics to acknowledge that he possesses the Byakugan and is therefore more perceptive than Boruto,
Because you would have to be blatantly ignoring the larger context of this entire scene and the lines right after it telling us that momoshiki is actively viewing the future.
you would then have to explain away the fact that momoshiki's no longer has a physical body, and that his byakugan can somehow traverse the mental spiritual realm inside boruto into the real world to specifically only read the chakra thats comes from within the ground at a very specific point.
as oppose to just reading the future like his been doing for the rest of the chapter.

it's extremely contrived.

Because you would have to be blatantly ignoring the larger context of this entire scene and the lines right after it telling us that momoshiki is actively viewing the future.
you would then have to explain away the fact that momoshiki's no longer has a physical body, and that his byakugan can somehow traverse the mental spiritual realm inside boruto into the real world to specifically only read the chakra thats comes from within the ground at a very specific point.
as oppose to just reading the future like his been doing for the rest of the chapter.

it's extremely contrived.
What do you mean by "very specific point"?

What do you mean by "very specific point"?
It's as clear as day, the whole event happening now Momoshiki saw it already and we saw proof of it when , boruto was shown fragments and pieces of his future when he would lose everything, he references blue eye which meant eida's eyes , he knew what would happen and the shinjutsu, so what your basically trying to claim is future sight stops at him seeing boruto losing everything and not being able to see what happens after , as shown otherwise

It's as clear as day, the whole event happening now Momoshiki saw it already and we saw proof of it when , boruto was shown fragments and pieces of his future when he would lose everything, he references blue eye which meant eida's eyes , he knew what would happen and the shinjutsu, so what your basically trying to claim is future sight stops at him seeing boruto losing everything and not being able to see what happens after , as shown otherwise
When did I ever claim that?

When did I ever claim that?
Indirectly that basically what you mean though, we have seen him use future sight through most of the manga. after he was killed and began merging with boruto, all the whole events now that have been happening we have seen pieces and fragments of them when momoshiki and boruto thoughts were crossing over. INCLUDING THE SCENE OF MITSUKI ATTACKING BORUTO WHICH WE THOUGHT WAS KAWAKI , so i find it contrived you think after showing boruto basically what happens all of a sudden he cant see the future, and is predicting attacks or sensing chakra.

There is no need to play mental gymnastics here by asking too many questions.

What is Momoshiki’s character mainly about? Seeing the future and giving its glimpse to Boruto

Has Momoshiki ever been a sensory type fighter ever since he became Borutoshiki? No

Is there any evidence that Momoshiki could sense chakra whilst in Boruto's body? No

Is there any evidence or logical assumption that it's a future sight? Yes. He's predicted the future so many times already. He relayed Mitsuki's "you've angered me" scene which was shown in chapter 78 and that happened this chapter.

The entire chapter was about the future Momoshiki saw, coming to pass.

In conclusion, it's logically clear and evidently supported that Momoshiki used a future sight ability to read Mitsuki's attacks. He already correctly saw Mitsuki getting angry at Boruto. It's only logical that he sees him trying to attack Boruto as well moments after he claimed Boruto angered him.

Last edited:
Lemme explain it simply.
Boruto has nothing active at the moment because he still considers Mitsuki and Sarada as allies, so no sensory on his part.

Momoshiki is currently a spirit in Borutos mind and can’t interact with the physical world except with possessing Boruto which he isn’t doing at the moment therefore Momoshiki cant sense attacks except by seeing the future simply from the fact that he isn’t there.

Therefore, Momoshiki can see the future in real time, saw it and immediately informed Boruto.

Since Boruto and Momoshiki’s minds are melding together he will eventually gain that ability

I understand and can agree for future sight

But the arguments here are doodoo

Didn't Momoshiki sense Narutos chakra when he came to earth? I don't think it's that far of a stretch to say that he just sensed the attack coming - also ignoring the fact that SM Mitsuki is grossly slower than Momoshiki.

But regardless I stand neutral on this. I personally didn't see it as FS when i read the chapter but I can see why you guys are saying it is.

Didn't Momoshiki sense Narutos chakra when he came to earth? I don't think it's that far of a stretch to say that he just sensed the attack coming - also ignoring the fact that SM Mitsuki is grossly slower than Momoshiki.

But regardless I stand neutral on this. I personally didn't see it as FS when i read the chapter but I can see why you guys are saying it is.
That was alive Momoshiki

I'm pretty sure that Momoshiki's future sight comes from his Byakugan anyway.

So all the people claiming that Momoshiki didn't see the attack coming normally because he's just a spirit who doesn't have the Byakugan, don't really make all that much sense.

I haven't seen a single solid reason that Momoshiki couldn't have just seen the attack coming normally and warned Boruto.

Y'all, just compromise with a possibly rating, since both claims are around the same level of being possibly true, and since the evidence itself isn't concrete enough to acquire a full rating, it's also the most logical rating to have.

This doesn't need to become a multi-page thread 🗿.

It was literally in the last page of boruto chapter 75 , when Momoshiki and boruto thoughts are crossing over it shows Mitsuki attacking who we all thought was kawaki but now we know it was boruto( his future sight was literally what showed all the events happening now including Mitsuki attacking Boruto who).

^ Momoshiki has been observing "the future" in the last few chapters, so FS makes sense to me.

For the record, I'm not claiming that Momoshiki doesn't have future sight.

I'm just saying there is nothing conclusively proving that he is using it in this instance.

For the record, I'm not claiming that Momoshiki doesn't have future sight.

I'm just saying there is nothing conclusively proving that he is using it in this instance.
why would u say he wouldnt use it when he has already seen it all, and showed boruto glimpses of it? honestly u have shown no reasonable arguement to say otherwise

why would u say he wouldnt use it when he has already seen it all, and showed boruto glimpses of it? honestly u have shown no reasonable arguement to say otherwise
Because him using it at other times is not proof that he is using it at this time. I don't see how that is problematic.

Damage, are you fine with a possibility/likely rating, or do you disagree with both, if it's the latter, can you explain why you'd disagree with either rating?

Because him using it at other times is not proof that he is using it at this time. I don't see how that is problematic.
of course he dosent need to, he has basically seen the whole event multiple times already why would he need to see the future again when he has seen it and knows the best actions to take to keep boruto alive and it even goes farther than that

Damage, are you fine with a possibility/likely rating, or do you disagree with both, if it's the latter, can you explain why you'd disagree with either rating?

I'm fine with Momoshiki having Claiyvoyance, and for Boruto also having Claiyvoyance by extension of Momoshiki having it and being able to inform him of things.

But I'm not seeing anything that strongly suggests Momoshiki is actively peeking ahead a couple of seconds to viewing what is happening during combat.

There was certainly no implication that he could ever see the future when he was actually fighting Naruto and Sasuke.

And if the only evidence we have to go on is him telling Boruto "Jump into the trees", I think it's too big of a stretch to say that his warning could only have come from seeing the future.

I'm fine with Momoshiki having Claiyvoyance, and for Boruto also having Claiyvoyance by extension of Momoshiki having it and being able to inform him of things.

But I'm not seeing anything that strongly suggests Momoshiki is actively peeking ahead a couple of seconds to viewing what is happening during combat.

There was certainly no implication that he could ever see the future when he was actually fighting Naruto and Sasuke.

And if the only evidence we have to go on is him telling Boruto "Jump into the trees", I think it's too big of a stretch to say that his warning could only have come from seeing the future.
In the future he shows boruto glimpses of what happens it literally shows boruto in combat with mitsuki which we all thought was kawaki , now the future sight even goes past that cause it shows inojin, shikadai and chocho attacking boruto where they him " just aint what a friend would do" which we haven't even see yet in the manga (next chapter most likely) its all there in the last page of chapter 75, at this point you are just blatantly ignoring the context for your own contrived reasons.

Last edited:
I agree with this, that's why i'm saying a "possibly" rating within this instance would be preferable to a concrete rating, or even no rating at all because the evidence itself isn't specific enough with its intention to qualify for a concrete rating, but arguing against the possibly of Momoshiki using an ability he has to peer into the future in this instance would also wrong since it isn't unfathomable or a leap of logic to believe that he did use it as that's within his capabilities.

That's my contentions with just saying "since it isn't direct enough with how Momoshiki actually sensed the attack, it means we can't make logical supported inferences from capabilities within the characters arsenal".

Back