• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's chance increases with Shez's hit count, and Shez can easily dish out hundreds of attacks within seconds.
I mean, speed is equalized man. Shez can dish out a ton of attacks against off-guard opponents and fodder mooks sure, but against someone with their level of speed and Boros's agility, they'd be hard-pressed to do so.
I think Boros actually has an AP advantage, looking at his scaling chain.
Ah, then yeah this will be a bit of an uphill battle for Shez. especially since even Boros's normal punches can have a ton of AOE in this state.

Boros only uses CSRC as a final resort, iirc. Though, I do wonder if Shez can just turn into a ball of light and make the attack go right through her. Alternatively, I wouldn't say it's out of the question for Shez to just tank it via Awakening.
Since Boros is already starting the battle in Meteoric Burst, he's more than likely gonna use it sooner rather than later. That form is heavily taxing on him, so he'd probably aim to just finish the fight quickly before he gasses out.

Why would awakening allow them to tank it tho-

Which is all fancy talk for saying "it's featless death manip based on a vague statement that I'm going to assume negs type 3 based on nothing"
What do you want me to prove? That the god of Fire Emblem descends upon Shez and tells the whole continent that this ability is an instant death ability that doesn't rely on pressure points, or shooting people in the head with a gun, and induces death exactly like avada kedavra and the opponent will just drop dead instantly? If an ingame description calls it an instant-death effect, and it shares the same properties as an instant death spell, then it's probably death manipulation. Your arguments don't even apply to Shadow Flash, you specifically pointed out Assassinate.

It negs it based on the fact that Boros doesn't have resurrection, and he doesn't have feats regenerating from literal death.

I mean, speed is equalized man. Shez can dish out a ton of attacks against off-guard opponents and fodder mooks sure, but against someone with their level of speed and Boros's agility, they'd be hard-pressed to do so.
Shez has several ways to passively, and conditionally activate speed amps, and can also just freeze Boros in place via ice attacks, or depleting his stun gauge. Also, Boros is also outskilled by a word i cant say ton.
Since Boros is already starting the battle in Meteoric Burst, he's more than likely gonna use it sooner rather than later. That form is heavily taxing on him, so he'd probably aim to just finish the fight quickly before he gasses out.
True, he definitely won't prolong the fight as much as he would if he was say, in his Released form.
Why would awakening allow them to tank it tho-
funni immortality type 2

and I'm just realizing now that Shez has their NG+ stuff, when it should've been removed from their profiles, so if Boros hits Shez with CSRC, then he's also going to be hit by it

It negs it based on the fact that Boros doesn't have resurrection, and he doesn't have feats regenerating from literal death.
A little known fact to the average powerscaler is that being blown into hundreds of pieces will instantly kill you
More importantly, the answer to your question is yes, because despite all your rambling nonsense, featless death hax that comes from a vague statement of being able to kill the opponent does not prove it can kill someone with high mid regen. Are you done?

A little known fact to the average powerscaler is that being blown into hundreds of pieces will instantly kill you.
For a normal human it is true but Boros isn't a normal human, even after he used all of his energy and couldn't regenerate anymore, he still lived for quite a while as just a head and a part of his upper body filled with holes.
More importantly, the answer to your question is yes, because despite all your rambling nonsense, featless death hax that comes from a vague statement of being able to kill the opponent does not prove it can kill someone with high mid regen. Are you done?
High mid regeneration heal most wounds but can't resurect someone already dead to do that you need resurrection aka type 4 immortality as type 3 only prevent you to die not allow you to come back from the dead.

Last edited:
A little known fact to the average powerscaler is that being blown into hundreds of pieces will instantly kill you
Damn Boros died? That explains why he's still conscious and able to look around.

B4MFIlV.jpeg
459DAA5F75A5E66F7AEFC19C02EBF704ADC8D19A

An ability that is stated to be an instant-death ability, has the same properties as a death spell, and has been shown to instantly kill people is just a featless, vague statement? Alright.

Look, if you have that much of an issue with the death hax, just make a CRT, so we can move this discussion elsewhere. That is, if you want to continue this debate, but I'd imagine you don't.

Damn Boros died? That explains why he's still conscious and able to look around.

B4MFIlV.jpeg
459DAA5F75A5E66F7AEFC19C02EBF704ADC8D19A

An ability that is stated to be an instant-death ability, has the same properties as a death spell, and has been shown to instantly kill people is just a featless, vague statement? Alright.

Look, if you have that much of an issue with the death hax, just make a CRT, so we can move this discussion elsewhere. That is, if you want to continue this debate, but I'd imagine you don't.
Stated to instantly kill people without feats of negging high mid. Death manip wanker try not to nlf challenge.
Show me the mechanics of the death manip, otherwise it’s not even getting past low mid regen.

Stated to instantly kill people without feats of negging high mid. Death manip wanker try not to nlf challenge.
Show me the mechanics of the death manip, otherwise it’s not even getting past low mid regen.
Regeneration doesn't automatically negate the effects of death manipulation, since by itself, it skips the middle man of injuring, and directly induces death. By your logic, anyone with any level of regeneration wouldn't be impacted by death manipulation, as long as it doesn't injure them beyond their regen level.

I don't need to prove anything, it's Boros that requires feats of "regenerating" from death (ie, something akin to, or is resurrection/immortality type 4).

Regeneration doesn't automatically negate the effects of death manipulation, since by itself, it skips the middle man of injuring, and directly induces death. By your logic, anyone with any level of regeneration wouldn't be impacted by death manipulation, as long as it doesn't injure them beyond their regen level.

I don't need to prove anything, it's Boros that requires feats of "regenerating" from death (ie, something akin to, or is resurrection/immortality type 4).
Prove that it can kill someone who survives high mid injury first and then I'll leave.

Or better yet, stop trying to relentlessly wank featless death manip based on a single statement of “has chance to kill instantly” without showing it working on anybody with regen or immortality of any kind. It’s really not that hard to be honest.

Yeah I'm not gonna lie the ability to me reads as purely a gameplay mechanic to reduce the HP of another character to 0 instantly in the game. Not some complex hax that just overrides regeneration and immortalities.

I would like to point out that Shez’s death manipulation specifically only works on generic “weak” mooks in game, and has no effect on commanders/bosses (so anyone at Shez’s level of strength). It even states as such in the descriptions.

I don't disagree with it being listed as death manipulation, but I would call into question whether it would actually work against someone stronger then Shez is, when it's explicitly limited to fodder.

Or better yet, stop trying to relentlessly wank featless death manip based on a single statement of “has chance to kill instantly” without showing it working on anybody with regen or immortality of any kind. It’s really not that hard to be honest.
I don't have a video on hand with me atm, but it works on enemies with passive healing skills, which is accepted as Low-Mid Regeneration on the wiki. It also works on illusions, undead characters, and what are essentially magic robots (Ie, Type 2 Inorganics).

It's hard to get a clip of it, since I would need to replay the entire game to do so, but basically, none of them have the Commander/General ability, or an equivalent skill, which is needed to resist the instant death skills, which I will go into more detail later down this post.
Yeah I'm not gonna lie the ability to me reads as purely a gameplay mechanic to reduce the HP of another character to 0 instantly in the game. Not some complex hax that just overrides regeneration and immortalities.
Yeah, well, not sure what else to say other than what I already have in this thread, other than the fact that it's on the profiles, so you'd need a CRT to change it.
I would like to point out that Shez’s death manipulation specifically only works on generic “weak” mooks in game, and has no effect on commanders/bosses (so anyone at Shez’s level of strength). It even states as such in the descriptions.

I don't disagree with it being listed as death manipulation, but I would call into question whether it would actually work against someone stronger then Shez is, when it's explicitly limited to fodder.
Some notes about this. One, it's something that's carried over from Three Houses, where Commanders/Generals explicitly have a skill that negates instant death effects, so the instant death skills in that game don't have the note that it doesn't work on Commanders/Generals. That skill doesn't exist in Three Hopes, so to note that Commanders/Generals resist it, it's carried over in the skill descriptions.

Another thing, it's not just some thing that doesn't work on characters at, or above Shez/The playable cast's level, since we see that even relatively weak characters like Lonato are Generals, and have resistance to instant death effects. On the other hand, it works on characters who are normally far above them, to the point where it will activate even if they would normally deal minimal, or in some cases, even no damage.

So the enemy's strength relative to the characters' isn't the deciding factor in whether or not they resist the instant-kill moves, it's a specific ability that Generals/Commanders have that allow them to resist it.

Back