• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please calm down. No need to get all sarcastic and hostile just because people disagree with how powerful you think a fictional bad guy is. And you still get the Planet level Boros you want anyways. Just that High 6-A is also considered.

Yes. Keys for those and discussing what we rate them as. Qawsed's idea seems fine first glance.

Actually you're wrong qaw. Gerguganshoop (or whatever the **** his name is) did more damage to the ship than tatsumakis high 6-C attack IIRC. Therefore base boros should be at least high 6-C.

Oh, minor mistake on my part. Meant High 6C for the second key, remembered Tornado's rank wrong.

Jonathanlighter said:
Actually you're wrong qaw. Gerguganshoop (or whatever the **** his name is) did more damage to the ship than tatsumakis high 6-C attack IIRC. Therefore base boros should be at least high 6-C.
I think the only time he damage the ship was with the black hole, which destroyed some of the floor. He isn't rated 6C either

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Geryuganshoop

But Boros still scales since Geryuganshoop is a Dragon and Boros is still more powerful than him, so he should be like Gouketsu in the aspect (I think)

Armored Boros is scaled to a super, super casual Saitama could destroy one of the ship's missiles, which was calculated to be High 7-A. Not sure what people have agreed to rate his Unleased form.

So Armored Boros is High 7A and MB Boros is a High 6A to 5B. So maybe a High 6C fo Unsealed Boros? Comparable/above to Tornado, Ogon Seishi, and possibly Orochi?

Jonathanlighter said:
Actually i dont even give a shit anymore. high 6-A boros it is. Who even cares. 5-B boros? Thats ******** and Ridiculous.

YES HIGH 6-A!!!! **** YEAH. I hate 5-B boros. 5-B boros is ******** wank and fanboying. Screw that.
Settle down. No need to throw a tantrum over the power level of Japanese webcomic characters. The consensus here disagrees with your opinions, and this isn't due to bias or hatred, but rather the arguments and evidence supporting High 6-A Boros rather than 5-B were deemed more valid. Getting mad over it will do nothing to help your side, my advice.

Promestein said:
Statements from primary sources are more reliable and important than statements from guidebooks, faulty or not.

Agreed, but this case isn't something like an author calling a red coat the character wears as black. It's a character who's never used a certain move before and states he's going to wipe out a planet's surface with it; a guidebook clarifying that it has the ability to destroy planets.

Also, Occam's Razor isn't just exclusively about simplicity, in short (without going on a tangent), it's the simplest most plausible argument.

I get that Boros hasn't used the technique before, but I don't see why he'd be so wrong and unknowledgable about what his own latent power is capable of. There is also the fact that the attack that cancelled out and overpowered his was calculated to be High 6-A.

But are ideas that Boros was meant to be wrong, unaware of his power and not actually know how strong he was. That Saitama would've absorbed the power of the attack making it only High 6-A. Or that he only thinks this cause he used it on bigger planets really more plausible than simply that the manga treats Boros as High 6-A?

I think the best compromise is for the "At least High 6-A, possibly/likely 5-B."

K ryu and matt. Sorry bout that.

Sealed boros should be at least high 6-C since geguryanshoop (idk his name) did more damage to the ship then tatsumakis high 6-C attacks. Therefore sealed boros should scale to geguryanshoop.

Jonathanlighter said:
Sealed boros should be at least high 6-C since geguryanshoop (idk his name) did more damage to the ship then tatsumakis high 6-C attacks. Therefore sealed boros should scale to geguryanshoop.
I reread chapters 33 and 34 and the Space Octopus didn't really damage the ship (well, do more than minor damage). Even the debris it manipulated came from Saitama smashing down a door rather than it physically ripping them up. The only feat where he damages the ship is the black hole one, which isn't as impressive as Tornado generating multiple large explosions.

http://*****************/read-online/Onepunch-Man-chapter-33-page-19.html

This is the start of the fight and it goes to page 10 of the next chapter. So unless I'm missing something, 6C Boros only works if you say he's comparable to Tornado, Golden Sperm, or Orochi while sealed.

why do we even need a key for armored boros? he literally has zero feats. the entire point of armored boros is for him to surpress his power. we dont need an armored boros key. its not like we'll ever see him again anyways. just two keys is enough. unsealed and meteoric burst

Jonathanlighter said:
we take anime feats as canon
But even in the anime he didn't cause as much damage as Tornado. He destroyed like, a 10 foot area. If that. Tornado caused multiple large explosions when she attacked.

Oh c'mon Naruto characters are hurt by swords and Town level attacks and we consider them with Planet level durability. DBS character are hurt by guns, pipes, city block attacks amd we put then in Universe level durability. Now we are downgrading Boros because he die for Saitama Serious punch? Reaaally???

Boros isn't even getting downgraded. He's staying the same level he's always been at. "At least High 6-A, likely Planet level."

Boros calls his attack Multi-Continental, and it gets cancelled out/overpowered by an attack calculated to be Multi-Continental.

This isn't at all the same as Area of Effect attacks, superhuman characters wielding swords, or PIS like your other examples.

Qawsedf234 said:
But even in the anime he didn't cause as much damage as Tornado. He destroyed like, a 10 foot area. If that. Tornado caused multiple large explosions when she attacked.
geryuganshoop was able to pierce the ship, while tatsumaki's high 6-C attacks werent able to. therefore gerguganshoop should have higher attack potency

But he didn't pierce the ship. The most damage he did was slightly dent a small part and slightly damage a pillar.

Is PIS when it happen just a fell times, in the examples thar I have, Goku just have one feat tabking a universal and a lot of city block. Naruto have one feat tanking a island explosion(naruto the last) and a been hurt by swords, kunais, weak characters, building level attacks. PIS is put him in Universal/planet level durability.

On topic: I didnt agree with "likely". We have 2 mangas series and a autors saying that Boros is Planet level( yeah databook have a hand f ONE). So I belive that we have to put At leat planet level for Saitama. And Planet levwl for Boros.

You clearly do not get the idea of Area of Effect. Just because an attack doesn't cause a lot of destruction doesn't immediately mean it isn't powerful. Armored Boros got injured by an attack that only cracked the wall. Is he now Wall level? Saitama and Garou's attacks only manage to destroy some large rocks at most. More Wall level Boros I guess.

It's a common trend for superhuman characters with swords to be able to harm far greater opponents with those swords. Again, do Speed of Sound Sonic and Lightspeed Flash need to be downgraded cause they harm people with swords?

Bullet tanking was a thing since episode 1 of Dragon Ball. DBS top tiers getting hurt by them is clear PIS.

Area of Effect, a superhuman character harming people with swords or PIS is not the same as a character stating their attack has a certain level of power, then a feat proving that the attack was the level they said it was.

Boros is called Multi-Continental in the main canon manga and has a feat supporting that. He's called Planet level in the secondary anime and guidebooks. Therefore he's "At least High 6-A, likely 5-B." This is already a bit generous, given how we treat the discrepencies of main and secondary canon in series such as Dragon Ball Super. Where main canon takes 100% authority no matter what.

I understando AoE. But youre mistaking against PIS meaning.

Can you show me some universe feat of Goku? Or Small planet tanking feat of Naruto for example?

Kaguya was hurt for Sakura. Naruti was hurt for a sword who escapes Saduke hand. Consider isolade feats like Canon and the majory feats like PIS is wrong.

Its nothing generous put Boros likely 5-B when we put Cell in Solar System level just cause a declaration for example.

Look, I just trying to show the difference with wich certain characters are judge.

For goku he was able to produce half the power that would destroy the universe (heaven,outer world and the kaio shin realm and dbz universe) in 3 punches and has gotten stronger since then via ssj transformation 3 years of hyperbolic time chamber training. Then there is kaio Ken which if he wasn't somehow not universal then he is in fact now with kaio Ken. For cell we general take cell statement seriously. If you check BASE form freiza, he has a small star level feat. So it isn't ridicules to say they went from small star to solar system level. When they already went from just moon level to small star level.

You understand AoE? Then why are you using it as an example to downgrade people? The same reasoning you're trying to use for City Block level DBS one could use for Wall level Boros.

You're the one who is mistaking PIS if you think DBS top tiers being hurt by bullets is legit. And again, superhuman characters being hurt by swords wielded by other superhuman characters isn't an argument.

DBS ep 12 for Tier 3 Goku. Naruto and Sasuke have Moon level+ feats and scale to others.

The difference is, Cell didn't state he could destroy a sun and get overpowered by an attack calculated to be star level in the anime, only for guidebooks and a secondary canon to call him Solar System level.

Also in DB we always take main canon if secondary contradicts it. Take Vegito vs Beerus, SSJ Goku Black, Daishinkan, etc. for example.

No they aren't. Pause at 1:18 to 1:19 and you'll see the holes are present before any of the rocks fly out. There are more holes than rocks in fact.

are you serious right now? sure, there are holes. but its UNBELIEVABLY clear that the octopus's rocks pierce the ship. they go through areas of the ship that CLEARLY didnt have holes, most of the holes that already exist are in the center area, whereas most of gerguanshoops rocks pierce the outer areas, that DID NOT HAVE HOLES PRIOR TO THE ATTACK.

are you saying that the rocks that geryuganshoop shot somehow went in the EXACT same areas as the holes that already existed? do you know the chances of that even happening? theres like a 1/100000000 chance of that happening

No I'm saying there were holes already present before he fired the rocks; not that the rocks went through the holes. So Tornado also pierced the ship.

I am fine with Ryukama's solution of "At least High 6-A, likely 5-B".

Perhaps we should close this thread now, if these are Boros' current statistics?

I thought we still had to do Unsealed Boros. Or is the High 6C rating good enough?

Jonathanlighter said:
we dont if the holes were made by tatsumaki.
Then how else were the holes made? She's the only one besides TTM and Saitama to attack the ship.

> but its UNBELIEVABLY clear that the octopus's rocks pierce the ship.

I didn't say that the didn't pierce the ship or went through already present holes, just that Tornado likely damage the hull as well.

Qawsedf234 said:
Jonathanlighter said:
we dont if the holes were made by tatsumaki.
Then how else were the holes made? She's the only one besides TTM and Saitama to attack the ship.

> but its UNBELIEVABLY clear that the octopus's rocks pierce the ship.

I didn't say that the didn't pierce the ship or went through already present holes, just that Tornado likely damage the hull as well.
Tatsumaki did damage the ship, but i don't recall her throwing anything as small as rocks at the ship.

She never threw small rocks/pebbles at the ship, I'm not saying that. I'm saying the holes already present during the telekinetic shower attack were caused by Tornado.

But we're getting off topic now. High 7A/High 6C/High 6A, at least/possibly 5B for Boros's keys. That sound right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back