• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AMM

I have no problem powerscaling it since Saitama's Moon Jump did less damage to his ship than Boros' attack, and Boros endured attacks from Saitama compared to his Moon Jump.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Regarding what I was asked to comment on:

PBRC should remain 5-B. While it ca be translated as "planet shaving" or sonething to that extent, the translator notes that context implies planet-busting. This explains why the manga and anime translate it slightly differently, but full context seems ti suggest the anime's version (via the manga guide).
Actually the manga was pretty explicit in it being surface wiping .

https://i.im gur.com/NlKxT4d.png (kept showing up on the page so I had to break the link)

Boros says µÿƒÒü«Þí¿ÚØó

µÿƒ means reflective celestial body (in this context Earth), Òü« is a possessive, and Þí¿ÚØó means "face of/surface". There isn't any other way to translate it to my understanding. Boros explicitly called his attacks surface wiping

http://i.imgur.com/XTZTWJH.png

Webcomic raw showing he said the same thing there

https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterR...ns_planet_may_be_very_different_from/ddzp5te/

My rough translation. If I am wrong, feel free to correct me. But so far I'm pretty sure Webcomic/Manga is surface wiping and the anime is planet busting (iirc the anime changed the wording and removed the face part).

Well, I suppose that you could make a bit more of an effort with proper spelling and sentence structures.

@Qaw

if the webcomic and manga have the same original japanese text, why are the english translations different?

and like AMM said, boros stated saitama is the first person ever that made him use CSRC and everything, so its possible he didnt know the full capabilities. whereas TWO databooks clearly says hes planet busting.

are you sure boros didnt just say "i will wipe you off the face of this planet" instead of "i will wipe the face of this planet"? the former sounds like it makes more sense

the two databooks came out after the manga, so perhaps the feat was retconned into planet busting.

Antvasima said:
Well, I suppose that you could make a bit more of an effort with proper spelling and sentence structures.
are you talking to me? my spelling is fine. i dont think i even made one spelling mistake. maybe a couple typos but thats about it. i dont really use much punctuation, because its not like my writing is unreadable without it. but i do admit that there are lots of other users that have almost unreadable writing.

> if the webcomic and manga have the same original japanese text, why are the english translations different?

No idea honestly. But even the official Viz translation says Surface Wiping and the kanji lead me to believe thats what he said normally. Plus there are times when translations take liberties with the material (*********** left out a statement where Void Fist says that his punch can pulvierize a truck for example)

> whereas TWO databooks clearly says hes planet busting.

Well, one says Planet Busting and the other says Star Busting

> are you sure boros didnt just say "i will wipe you off the face of this planet" instead of "i will wipe the face of this planet"? the former sounds like it makes more sense

I actually thought the same originally, but Boros says ÒééÒéì which means both or together. So he was talking about blasting Saitama and the Planet, not just one or the other

I noticed that Boros said Specific that his enegy's attack "will blow away you and the planet surface " so maybe we can infer from that that Boros consider Saitama as the "main focus" of the attack?

which means he thought that the Durability of Saitama is around Planet level therefore the energy attack should directly hit him in order to kill him and than-the collateral damage will destroy erath's surface(?) in that way this not contrast the Databook,

maybe ryop is right. obviously his main target is saitama, who win absorb most of the damage, and the collateral damage would affect the rest of the planet.

I guess, but I feel that's kinda stretching it (especially considering the anime version of the scene). But if everyone is okay with it I won't, in the words of Matthew Schroeder, rage quit or anything.

Although I do feel that twisting the Primary Souce to fit a secondary source is the wrong way to go about it.

Honestly that seems too speculative to interpret the line as Boros meaning Saitama would've absorbed most of the attack causing it to only destroy the surface. If Boros explicitly says his attack is going to destroy the surface, it should be taken as High 6-A.

Ryukama said:
Honestly that seems too speculative to interpret the line as Boros meaning Saitama would've absorbed most of the attack causing it to only destroy the surface. If Boros explicitly says his attack is going to destroy the surface, it should be taken as High 6-A.
I agree.

@Matt So do you still agree with High 6-A, possibly/likely 5-B or agree with what Azzy and others have been saying about straight up 5-B? I wanted your input on this since you're pretty knowledgable.

I still prefer Boros to be "Multi-Continent level, likely Planet level", but if you guys want straight up 5-B, I don't mind.

So the Boros profile will get a key for meteoric burst and he keeps the "At least 6A, likely 5B" rating. Any other changes? Like a speed downgrade or a separate note for the CSRC/PBRC?

@Adam Saitama is staying at straight up 5-B regardless of whether or not Boros stays "At least High 6-A, likely/possibly 5-B" I believe.

@adam

saitama is 5-B because murata said that saitama could destroy the earth, and saitama himself also said he could destroy the earth. so saitama wont change.

Really? Where? If it was during a stream, can you link the translation?

are we seriously going to ignore the fact that we have TWO databooks that states boros was going to destroy the earth? like AMM said, boros might have not known the full extent of his CSRC. or maybe it was retconned into planet busting. when we have two databooks that states a character can bust the earth, we should go with that information, instead of a badly translatated manga panel. how the hell would boros have even known how much damage his CSRC would do? maybe he used it on a much bigger planet once, and it only destroyed the surface, whereas using it on earth would destroy the entire planet.

While the first databook does say Planet Busting (or ruining), the second says base Boros is planetary and his MB form is star busting. That's a pretty massive tier jump. Unless it was like, a horrible translation mistake and they meant Planet Busting and the latent energy thing was about MB.

Dark649 said:
The star busting statements are indeed a horrible translation mistake.
Probably a Hoshi thing then. That always trips people up (Saiyan Saga Vegeta used it as well).

The main canon takes precedence over faulty guidebooks. We're not going to assume all these headcanons to go around a very clear and explicit statement. "Maybe Saitama was going to absorb all the energy", "maybe Boros downplayed himself", "maybe Boros only thinks he can only destroy the surface since he tried the attack on bigger planets", etc.

Well how about maybe the manga simply calls Boros a surface buster? Occam's razor.

Since secondary canon sources also call Boros a planet buster, I'm fine with the compromise of "At least High 6-A, likely/possibly 5-B."

However considering that both statements and feats in the main canon contradict these sources (And usually we always 100% take the main canon over secondary when it comes to the two contradicting. Even over minor shit like Vegito being stronger than Beerus or Daishinkan being the 2nd strongest instead of somewhere in the Top 5), I feel like the High 6-A is important to keep.

I agree with Ryukama.

Even if Saitama fanboys rage about Saitama getting a downgrade aka High 6-A to 5-B the truth still stands forever until the author makes an episode in which Saitama accomplishes a Star level feat which will compel the admins to upgrade him in the future.

So should this thread be closed or is there still more stuff to talk about?

I had no idea we used manga statements from characters instead of guidebooks. Everyone on this site automatically assumes guidebooks are always faulty or incorrect with ZERO reason or proof. Ryu said that the opm guidebook is faulty, do you have proof its faulty? Why are we automatically assuming all sources with 5-B boros is bullshit? Im genuinely curious.

Exactly what Prom said. I meant more "taking canon statements over faulty guidebooks" in general. Not necessarily that the OPM guidebook is inaccurate. I definitely should've worded that better though.

However the point is the main canon explicitly states that Boros is Multi-Continental. Regardless of what numerous headcanons you've made to work around that. As well as Saitama's Serious Punch cancelling out the attack being calculated as High 6-A.

When secondary canon directly contradicts the statements and feats of main canon, we always take go with main canon. Even for the tiniest stuff like Vegito being stronger than Beerus or Daishinkan being the 2nd strongest instead of some unspecified number in the top 5.

Because of this, I don't think we should take off the 5-B, however I'd prefer we have "At least High 6-A, possibly/likely 5-B." That is already fair, as we're considering both what main canon statements and feats say as well as the secondary canon statements that contradict them.

The statement that says boros is high 6-A comes from the manga which came out in 2013, whereas both databooks stating boros is 5-B came out later in 2016/2017. So maybe it was retconned into planet busting? Actually i dont even give a shit anymore. high 6-A boros it is. Who even cares. 5-B boros? Thats ******** and Ridiculous. But the three keys for boros should stay

Just because the statements and feats in the manga came out a few years ago doesn't mean it didn't still happen. And when a statement in secondary canon contradicts the main canon, we don't assume main canon got retconned out. Rather that there's a discrepency between the canons, in which case we'd typically always go with main canon.

Boros should just stay at "At least High 6-A, possibly/likely 5-B." That way both things are considered for him.

What's being discussed now is what the 3 keys should be rated as.

So Armored/Sealed Boros scales to his commanders, Unleashed/Unsealed Boros scales from Tornado (did more damage to the ship than her), and Meteoric Burst scales to a casual Saitama, the CSRC, and causing more damage to the ship than the moon jump. I get all of that right?

YES HIGH 6-A!!!! **** YEAH. I hate 5-B boros. 5-B boros is ******** wank and fanboying. Screw that. Whats there to discuss about the three keys? One for sealed, one for unsealed, one for meteoric burst

Ryukama said:
What's being discussed now is what the 3 keys should be rated as.
At least High 7A possibly higher | High 6A (scales from Tornado, Gouketsu, and possibly Pluton) | At least 6A, possibly 5B

Something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back