• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros' Attack Potency

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jonathan

I already told you why µÿƒ in this instance means Planet. Look at Boros' scene in the anime, firing the Hōsei Hōkōhō (Õ┤®µÿƒÕÆåÕô«þá▓ < See the µÿƒ again) at Saitama. Boros says that he will destroy Saitama alongside the entire planet (µÿƒ Hoshi).

Thus, his Special Attack is Planet level. Any statement from guidebooks saying that his attack can also destroy planets are based on this scene (One was developed alongside the anime, meaning that the makers likely had access to the anime script and episodes before everyone else), and the other was made based on the anime, much later as an Artbook to accompany the Blu-Ray. If either one says that Boros can destroy µÿƒ, they are writing that with the anime scene as a basis. Thus, they are saying that Boros can planet bust.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Jonathan
µÿƒ < This shit can mean both planet and star. Boros was talking about blowing up the planet in the anime. JP Encyclopedia says that he is a Planet Buster. Now this shit says he is Star level and you buy it. There's no proof.
heres my theory:

perhaps boros really did say that "i will destroy the planet" during his fight with saitama. because of the context and everthing. and maybe the other databook really does say that boros's final attack can destroy a planet.

HOWEVER, and this is a big ****** however... NOWHERE did it EVER say that the limit of the collapsing star roaring cannon is planet busting. which means that its ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that boros's final attack could have done far more than that. for example: i can drop a nuke on someone and say "this nuke is gonna ******* vaporize you", which is true. a nuke can EASILY vaporize a human. but that doesnt mean a nuke is limited to destroying a single human. right? so heres the situation:

1. some sources say that boros can destroy a planet, but NEVER was it stated that hes limited to destroying a planet

2. we have a new source ( according to many people, this new source is more reliable and accurate cuz apparently ONE took part in writing it) stating that boros's final attack can destroy a star. YOU'RE saying that this is a mistranslation with ZERO evidence.

EVEN if boros said "i will destroy the planet" in the actual fight against saitama, that doesnt rule out him being star level, since a star buster can ALSO destroy a planet. get it? so in MY opinion, boros being star level is entirely possible

We generally limit a person's strength to what they're shown. That's how vs tiering works. You can't just make these biased jumps based on questionably accurate sources.

Promestein said:
We generally limit a person's strength to what they're shown. That's how vs tiering works. You can't just make these biased jumps based on questionably accurate sources.
But Boros never destroyed a planet either by that logic. Star level it is.

@Jonathan

So you are basing your entire opinion on your own pet-theory, that's nice.

Anime, Encyclopedia and Artbook say that Boros can blow up a planet, that's a fact. Yes, they don't say "Boros can destroy a planet and nothing else, that's his limit", because writing that would be awkward and stupid.

Also, basic reading comprehension.

"To counter Boros' ultimate "Collapsing Star, Roaring Cannon", which is formidable enough to obliterate a planet" < This is what the translated Artbook would say, if accurate.

Note the wording "Formidable enough to obliterate a planet". It is saying that is planet-busting is impressive. The attack is strong enough to destroy planets, thus it is Planet level. That's it.

Your nuke example is a false equivalency. You use something with a known limit of power, a City level Nuke, and write a phrase that says it can vaporize you, which is true. However, we don't know the limit of Boros' power without the statements. And given the wording of the statements (Planet busting is impressive), that's his limit.

Secondly, no the new source isn't "More accurate". ONE and Murata partaked in new interviews, which is nice. They didn't write the Anime Artbook. Those were written by the Anime Staff / Publishers as a Blu-Ray Bonus.

And all sources say that it is Planet-busting, so chill.

Quangotjokes said:
That's some backwards logic.

"But Boros' best feat is barely surviving a Multi-Continental blast and stating that he was going to wipe out the planet's surface in the main canon, so this terciary artbook mistranslating his final attack from Planet-level to Star level means he's Star level."

I guess Temari is Universe level now?

Matthew Schroeder said:
"To counter Boros' ultimate "Collapsing Star, Roaring Cannon", which is formidable enough to obliterate a planet" < This is what the translated Artbook would say, if accurate.
Boros databook
first of all, the new databook said EXACTLY this:
"formidable enough to destroy a STAR." NOT PLANET, IT SAID STAR. GIVE ME PROOF THAT THIS IS A MISTRANSLATION. IM SO SO INCREDIBLY CURIOUS.

you said " This is what the translated Artbook would say, if accurate."

WHAT? you cant just determine whats accurate and whats not.

what makes "planet" more accurate then "star" in this NEW databook? huh???

i admit that during the actual fight between boros and saitama, it makes more sense for boros to have said planet cuz of the context and all. but WE'RE TALKING BOUT THIS NEW DATABOOK which doesnt have any context. why are you changing the wording?? and determining whats accurate and whats not??

and where does it state that this databook is not reliable or accurate. wheres the proof?

Kid, can you lower your tone? Thank you.

Also, you can read all my posts above so you can learn why it is a mistranslation, you're welcome. I explained my points, you are just screaming in frustration.

To reiterate, it is more accurate because Boros said he'd planet bust, the guidebook statements derive from Boros' statement and use the same word, meaning planet. Some smuck who probably never saw the anime was hired to translated the Artbook and put Star.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Quangotjokes said:
That's some backwards logic.
"But Boros' best feat is barely surviving a Multi-Continental blast and stating that he was going to wipe out the planet's surface in the main canon, so this terciary artbook mistranslating his final attack from Planet-level to Star level means he's Star level."

I guess Temari is Universe level now?
That's different. That's a clear hyperbole.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, you're a super hypocrite since you've previously claimed that the primary canon statement that Boros was going to destroy the surface was a mistranslation, based again on nothing but your bias towards Onepunch Man:
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/595410#24
bruh... wtf are you talkin about... im not a hypocrite lmfao.

i had a perfectly good reason as to why i thought it was a mistranslation. i said that cuz in the original translated webcomic, they never specified how much boros was gonna destroy whereas in the translated manga, it was stated that he would destroy the surface, which makes no ******* sense cuz the jap versions of both the manga and webcomic says the same thing whereas the english versions say completely different things. and seriously dude, dont call me "kid", you dont even know how old i am.

anyways this has nothing to do with the conversation so lets drop it.

YOU'RE the one making speculations here ya know? wtf are you on about with temari? i already said to stop mentioning naruto. every damn time someone talks about the webcomic, someone like you comes up and says "well in the naruto databook, it says that temari is a universe buster". STOP IT. stop with the naruto databook thing. i guess since ONE damn databook is shitty, EVERY SINGLE databook in existence is shitty as well? BRUH. no. but im getting very tired of this discussion. i still believe that its entirely possible that boros is star level. he can destroy a star, therefore he can also destroy a planet. right? thats my opinion. k? but i just realized this whole conversation is stupid and a waste of my time. so see ya.

k i was being quite rude just now.... sorry bout that. i just got a little heated cuz of the debate. im not usually like this. so yeah, sorry for being so damn serious and rude about this..

Well, you actually didn't prove anything, nor did you have any reason back then, but you did managed to get super pissed and scream at me many time.

You have yet to prove why Star-Busting Boros is not a mistranslation. You have yet to prove that Star-busting Boros is consistent. You have yet to prove that since every other source uses Planet-Busting, translating it as Star would be legit.

But if you're leaving, see ya.

Jonathanlighter said:
k i was being quite rude just now.... sorry bout that. i just got a little heated cuz of the debate. im not usually like this. so yeah, sorry for being so damn serious and rude about this..
Okay. You should probably get something to drink to calm down. Nobody's going to listen to you if you just scream, it's best to debate calmly.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You have yet to prove that since every other source uses Planet-Busting, translating it as Star would be legit.
But if you're leaving, see ya.
did you even read my paragraph?? im starting to think that you dont even read these things.

listen. i DID have a perfectly good reason as to why i thought it was a mistranslation. i literally just explained why. WHILE YOU on the other hand has zero evidence as to why its a mistranslation. all you did was make speculation. speculation after speculation after speculation. "the dude that translated probably wasnt experienced or knew anything bout opm" THATS A GREAT POINT THERE BUD, but that doesnt mean jack cause you have zero evidence that anythign you've been saying in the past HOURS is true or even remotely makes sense. YOU proved absolutely nothing so far. nothing. all you did was make speculation.

this is your logic: "they said that boros can planet bust in other sources (which arent even reliable in the first place) and even though they LITERALLY said he can star bust in this new databook , we're just gonna ignore that cuz the dude who translated this is an idiot and doesnt know anything about opm, and its not consistent." IT IS CONSISTENT there's NOTHING TO prove that boros cant star bust. and once again, you have ZERO evidence that the dude who translated did a mistranslation.

wheres my proof you ask? hmmm. maybe in the LITERAL DATABOOK THAT STATES HE CAN STAR BUST.

you're ENTIRE argument is that its a mistranslation. your "argument" HAS ZERO EVIDENCE, just a bunch of speculations. me on the other hand HAS A LITERAL DATABOOK THAT STATES HE CAN STAR BUST. i think we both know who has more evidence here.

btw, im not screaming at you or tryna be rude when caps locking. im just trying to let you know which parts to focus on more intendly due to those specific parts being more important in my argument. thanks.

In favour of Boros being Star Level, the guidebook contains MANY interviews with ONE and seems to be in favour of Author intent. And seeing how this is an OFFICIAL translation unlike the other guidebooks, I'm more in favour of using this to scale off other characters as it has two pieces of evidence supporting it, which trump other guidebooks.

- Official Translation

-Author Intent

P.S I'm not in favour of Base Boros being planetary, I'd say Base boros is prob continental, second form planetary, third star level, but that's mostly headcanon so take it with a grain of salt.

How many guidebooks say planetary?

How many say star level?

The side with more support will probably be the more accurate one.

Not necessarily, just because alot of things/people say something doesn't make it accurate. I'd like to argue that Author Intent and Official translation trump those guidebooks since it make this one more credible than them. I'd personally go with the more credible and reasonable source, rather the most numerable one.

SomebodyData said:
How many say star level?

All the guidebooks say Planetary. Two. A mistranslation of one says Star, which is wrong.

Anime says Planet.

Primary Canon says Planetary Surface. < Which is the most accurate

SomebodyData said:
How many say star level?

quality over quanitity dude.

if 500 shitty unreliable databooks say boros is planet level while one accurate databooks says hes star level, then he will be star level. although this is a bit of an extreme example

@Jonathan well normally I could have agreed with you, but isn't the word for star and planet the same in Japanese? It could easily be a mistranslation.

Also quality over quantity only works when the source for star has better quality, which in this case it doesn't.

The word used here is Hoshi, which means a "Light-emitting / Light-reflecting celestial body". It is used for both Planet and Star. Boros used the word Hoshi when saying he'd destroy Saitama alongside the planet. Thus, Boros is a Planet buster.

SomebodyData said:
@Jonathan well normally I could have agreed with you, but isn't the word for star and planet the same in Japanese? It could easily be a mistranslation.
Also quality over quantity only works when the source for star has better quality, which in this case it doesn't.
like vastolordpwn stated, the source that states that boros is star level is much more accurate than the other guidebooks which werent even translated properly or officially in the first place. the other guidebook which supposedly states that boros is only planet level was never even translated. so who knows what it actually said, cause "hoshi" can mean planet OR star.

and the thing thats extremely frustrating here is matthew keeps stating that boros being star level is mistranslation, as if its fact. hes saying it like its 100% true, even though he has zero ABSOLUTELY ZERO solid evidence. its POSSIBLE that is a mistranslation, yes, but definitely not confirmed

Absolutely zero evidence?

Did I not just say how the word for star is the same as planet in Japanese, hence we should take the most common interpretation? And looking back, Matt also mentioned this.

SomebodyData said:
Absolutely zero evidence?
Did I not just say how the word for star is the same as planet in Japanese, hence we should take the most common interpretation? And looking back, Matt also mentioned this.
That doesn't make sense considering his sealed for is planetary. This could also be supported by the fact that the anime changes the attack name to collapsing star. It's clear that it was retconed.

@Jonathan ...look at the amount of guidebooks that say planetary, and look at the amount that say star, which one is more common...

@Quant really? Sorry had barely got here, link pls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back