• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo vs The Outsider

No the 2-C version of bobobo has immeasurable speed. We talked about this already Weekly. You just want The Outsider to be 2-C whil;st Bobobo is in his High 3-A key. That's why I specifically asked you to be consistent and pick one so we can have an actual debate.

Every time I made counter points against High 3-A The Outsider you said he was 4D but you still want Bobobo to remain High 3-A? That's just not fair.

Actually if you read the initial post it says both are in their High 3-A keys. The Outsider doesn't even have a 2-C key but you kept trying to be dishonest and argue he was. So I said fine and proved that even if we use 2-C versions Bobobo still wins.

2-C The Outsider vs 2-C Bobobo = Bobobo wins High 3-A The Outsider vs High 3-A Bobobo = Bobobo wins

Webcamparrot said:
Massive NLF

Another massive NLF

A Low 2-C can take attacks from a High 3-A yes

The Outsider is 2-C, his page has yet to be updated

No, Plot manip is a subset of causality and fate manip. Causality and Fate manip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Plot manip

That's not what you just said.

The Outsider is 3-D High 3-A (aka what the page says) until his page is updated.

Those are the rules

I know this is a bit of a necro but I have a small question regarding something mentioned earlier in the thread. You've already moved past it at this point but I saw something I disagree with to some extent.

It was stated that linking Bo's fate to a worm and crushing it would effectively null his regen by value of his fate still being tied to the dead worm, but I think that's somewhat incorrect if my understanding of The Oustider's ability is sufficient.

If I am correct, linking their fates does not mean that Bo suffers the worm's fate, but rather that they suffer the same fate. Essentially, this means that what happens to one will happen to another, yes? Knowing this and understanding how the ability works, it's more sensible to assume that, should Bo be able to revive after a death of his body, resurrecting the worm as well is not necessary. This would be more likely be true, since the worm's fate is also linked with Bo's, meaning it would share the fate of being revived automatically, by value of The Outsider's ability, rendering it useless against anyone who can revive or regen after death under their own power.

Pitching the linking of fate as a way to null or negate regen seems kind of dishonest, unless I'm misunderstanding something.

Was I incorrectly understanding the mechanics of the ability? Where in the ability description does it say that only one fate is shared, or that the only fate shared is death? It seems more of a leap to assume someone who can automatically return from death wouldn't be able to, since their fate of reviving would be shared with the worm. Is that wrong or unfair of me to say?

@Vindictive What Domino does is it links the fate of one thing to that of another thing and then reflects the fate of that one thing onto the other thing, so if the outsider links Bo's fate to that of a worm and then kills the worm, Bo will die as a result, circumventing Bo's Regenerationn via death hax

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Is there proof of this?
If youre already dead there's nothing to regenerate

Death hax bypassing regen is widely accepted here, just like transmutation bypassing regen

I feel like we're not on the same page. I agree he dies, via death hax, but to assume he can't revive because it was hax that killed him, or that the worm is still dead (which doesn't seem to be a good reason either as the fate sharing would also share the revival) is somewhat faulty logic when you realise that his regen should return him from natural death with no issue, and the fate sharing just makes him suffer the same death as the worm, which in the examples was via being crushed or squished in some manner.

What exactly in that chain of events says "also, you can't revive", aside from the death being induced with an ability?

If youre already dead there's nothing to regenerate

Death hax bypassing regen is widely accepted here, just like transmutation bypassing regen

Even High Regen is enough to bypass death hax, though, unless it's shown to work on things more fundamental than fundamental life "building blocks".

The way it was explained was as a shared link, it even says it links their fates in his profile. I apologize if I'm missing something but it seems more logical that Bo, or anyone with natural regen high enough to return from death, should die and return as he would any other time. If this is just how the rules work I can't exactly argue, but they seem poorly constructed if that is the case, considering how it seems less like death hax in this case and more low-mid level fate manipulation with limited usage and variety.

Just labelling it as death hax and reasoning that it automatically bypasses any regen, even one that can return the user from death in any other scenario, seems kind of lazy.

No, it doesn't. If he hasn't shown to kill things more fundamental than the fundamental with his death hax than what Bo-bobo can regenerate from, than his death hax is irrelevant.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
No, it doesn't. If he hasn't shown to kill things more fundamental than the fundamental with his death hax than what Bo-bobo can regenerate from, than his death hax is irrelevant.
Death is death, Death hax arent physical, if you use death hax then there's nothing the opponent can regenerate in the first place, thus circumventing the Regenerationn

VindictiveLoser said:
The way it was explained was as a shared link, it even says it links their fates in his profile. I apologize if I'm missing something but it seems more logical that Bo, or anyone with natural regen high enough to return from death, should die and return as he would any other time. If this is just how the rules work I can't exactly argue, but they seem poorly constructed if that is the case, considering how it seems less like death hax in this case and more low-mid level fate manipulation with limited usage and variety.
Just labelling it as death hax and reasoning that it automatically bypasses any regen, even one that can return the user from death in any other scenario, seems kind of lazy.
Its a one way link, sorry for being confusing.

Regenerating from being killed physically =/= death hax. Death hax arent physical, if you use death hax then there's nothing the opponent can regenerate in the first place, thus circumventing the Regenerationn

If the fate is that whatever happens to one also happens to the other, then when he gets resurrected, the worm gets resurrected. If it doesn't work like that, then show me proof.

@Weekly I can sort of see the logic in that actually. It does make sense that a character with the ability to regrow limbs, a severed head, or a removed heart wouldn't necessarily be able to return to life after having it ended supernaturally. I don't know exactly the extend of Bo's regen as it was quite a while ago that I read the series and I didn't even finish it, but can I assume I was at least partially correct about the other argument for it? That being the statement that the fate linking was one way, when I thought it was shared?

I checked the profile again and saw nothing implying a one way link, and it was directly stated to be a shared fate, so can we assume that regen or resurrection potent enough to return from death at that level would also revive the other linked being? I don't recall getting an answer from you about that and I have quite literally no one else to ask regarding this, so I would like a conclusive answer. Either that, or please point me towards someone who can answer my question. If Bo can't return from the death at all due to it negating his Regenerationn then it's a moot point, but regardless it seems like information I'd like to know.

@Weekly Actually, that seems to further support it being a shared link rather than one way. "What happens to one happens to the other" essentially means that if one dies the other will as well, but means that resurrection should carry over as well. Unless the fate linking is shown to become inactive upon death, which I'd be unaware of since I haven't played or seen any gameplay of Dishonored 2

The worm gets resurrected because Bo-bobo does. One happens to one happens to the other. So when Bo-bobo gets resurrected, the worm also gets resurrected. Like I said, if it doesn't work like that, show me some proof.

@Weekly Does it carry over every change to the target's biology? Meaning, would it carry over them being burned, stabbed, put to sleep, et cetera?

WeeklyBattles said:
@Hadou No, because the worm would need to be ressurected for Bo to ressurect
That doesn't make any sense. Their fates are linked. The worm dies, therefore Bobobo dies. Bobobo comes back, therefore so does the worm. If something happening to one does not apply to the other, then this isn't even a power, and goes against how Domino apparently works.

It'd be like saying someone has the power to kill two people by killing both people.

Back