• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blood to the Blood God. (Kharn the clown slayer edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all float down here, Khorne.

Me and the fifty matches that have been made for me in the span of five seconds.

Who's dis "Khorne" you talk about? Im Khârn! KHÂRN!

What I gathered from what Azathoth told me a while back was that Ynnead was the only 40K character meaningfully above baseline based on the "layers" of the Warp.

Not saying anyone's right or wrong, but he's the person I trusted most in regards to 40K stuff, and he seemed to believe even after the 1-A revisions that the four main Chaos Gods were barely above baseline for the tier.

It's unclear when he added "surface level" since he constantly updated the blog. In the blog he says that Magnus had only been in the "surface" level of the warp which can be considered 1-A since there was no conception of dimensions and you can add your own dimensions to it with thoughts. Then he goes on to a "higher layer" and cannot fully do anything except glide around and try to comprehend the incomprehensible place. Some people consider he flew into Ynnead's realm but it's clear there is a layered hiearchy to the dimensionless warp.

That only confirms one extra layer beyond the surface, though. Perhaps two, if you consider Ynnead's realm to be its own separate layer from the aforementioned one, but...

Assuming there are three layers (the surface, the "higher layer", and Ynnead's), that means the Chaos Gods only scale to the first two, and if there are only two (read: in the scenario where the "higher layer" is Ynnead's realm), the Chaos Gods wouldn't scale beyond the surface. Reason I say that is because, both from common sense and from what I've been shown quite a few times, the main Chaos Gods have no power or dominion over Ynnead's realm and also hold no parity to Ynnead itself.

That said, even if we do go with the former interpretation and accept the Chaos Gods as being beyond baseline, Pennywise's true form is also one degree of transcendence above baseline, due to it being stated at least twice to exist beyond the 1-A void where Maturin resides. I know that's getting beside the point you were trying to make, but it is relevant.

@Emperor

Magnus is actually the one that reached the deeper part of the warp, which are the ones considered 1-A

also Azzy said that he's unsure if even the chaos gods have control over the deepest parts of the warp iirc

Well all I'll say is there have been allisions and one direct statement I've read to layered infinities within the dimensionless Warp and also Ynnead is completely beyond the Warp he doesn't exist in a higher layer and the first thing he's going to do when he full awakens is likely eat Slaanesh and the Warp honestly. This is not really relevant since it hasn't been accepted on the wiki though so I'll wait to discuss it with Azathoth rather than enforcing it here.

Overlord775 said:
@Emperor

Magnus is actually the one that reached the deeper part of the warp, which are the ones considered 1-A

also Azzy said that he's unsure if even the chaos gods have control over the deepest parts of the warp iirc
Uh that's what I said. Also they embody most of the Warp if not all of it not sure where that comes from. If it's "Ynnead also exists within the Warp" he doesn't.

There are other gods within the Warp but they aren't as powerful or have a major influence as the primal and uncaring versions of the CGs rather than their animated like avatars that may get thumped by another god once in a while.

Hold up wasn't it established a while Ago Kharns power null is not directly from Khorne?

Meanwhile I will be revising Pennywise to add moar stuff to his profile.

The null's 1-B at most, but Kharn could just not look the clown in the eyes I guess.

Though if pennywise rezzes its avatars then yeah gorechild can't keep it dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back