• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blood (Game) Revision

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group

Miscellaneous​

First off Caleb's profile should have two keys, one for the first game and its add-ons and one for the second- second key has new weapons and is stronger so it makes sense IMO.

The Beast profile also should have two keys, one for the human form and one for the current profile.

Also this is a very minor thing but I think this artwork from Blood 2 first Caleb a lot better as a profile page- it's a full-body drawing, it shows him doing what he does best and it's a bit less edgy

Stats​

The current Blood ratings come from Blood II's Naga, which can allegedly cause Magnitude 5 earthquakes when it shakes the room. However, as our own Earthquake page states, "For the purpose of these calculations shaking a minor area should not be assumed to automatically translate to an earthquake. Either a large area being shaken or evidence that we are dealing with something earthquake-like and not just some minor shaking would be needed."

As far as I can tell, there is no such evidence, the Naga just shakes the room and causes some debris to fall. Considering it was an abandoned, old and reality-warped Cathedral, that's not really a quantifiable feat at all. But I do have some feats I've calculated myself.

There's multiple of 'em, but the highest one I've got is the 8-C dam explosion in E3M6 from the original game. I've made my argument as to why Caleb should fully scale to it in the blog itself, but I'll paste it here. "You cannot survive the explosion of all the barrels if you position yourself above them. But you CAN survive one or two barrels' worth of explosion point-blank, and more importantly you can easily survive the actual explosion that blows up through the dams, and considering the distance between the barrels and the hole would mean that the AP of the part of the explosion causing the destruction of the dam is lower than the full thing thanks to Inverse Square Law, I think it's fine to scale Caleb to the dam's destruction."

Hopefully that makes sense- if people disagree which I think is still very understandable then we can cut the result by 6 since Caleb can unquestionably survive one blast. That lands the feat into 9-A, supporting another 9-A explosion in the blog.

If you wanna know how these calcs end up scaling to Caleb's Striking Strength, well he stomps through Shial's abdomen after killing/weakening her, and Shial can survive multiple hits from his explosives.

As for his weaker weapons, those that don't necessarily scale to the explosions in sheer AP and hurt 8-C enemies through piercing/fire, those can be 9-B through destroying stalactites and being very superior to Flare Guns that do the same. That ends up scaling to fodder enemies alongside zombies smashing through a wall. The only enemies that don't scale to this are Cultists (In Striking Strength, they can still survive a few hits from Zombies if you get them to in-fight so their durability scales) and small enemies like Choking Hands and Spiders.

The current Lifting Strength Rating comes from Caleb tearing open Gabriel's chest but I calculated it and it's Class 5 now, yay. They don't have a page as of now but I actually think Zombies scale to this- Choking Hands are just the remains of Zombies, and they can choke Caleb just fine, although he can pull them off so it's downscaling.

Oh also this is a minor thing but Gabriella is actually physically stronger than Caleb, according to the website and the manual. Does that really make any sense lore-wise? No but it's consistent with other statements and in-game stats, you could blame it on the Singularity Generator bringing her back stronger or on Blood II's unfinished story, you do you. I've seen the note on Gabriella's page but I disagree with it, it's true that Caleb defeated (a clone of) her but that was through skill, not strength- both use guns anyway, it's not like strength matters too much when those come into play. Same applies to the other monsters he defeated- skill, not strength. Gabriella was confident she was at least comparable to Caleb if that helps.

Now here's the big one, Caleb should get "Low 2-C Environmental Destruction over time". This comes from him inheriting Tchernobog's powers, but his inability to use them led to another reality slowly beginning to encroach on the Blood universe and devour it. Caleb does end up managing to control this power, so he should have access to it, although it's not really usable in combat. And it's not a one-way thing where Caleb can prevent the destruction of the world but not cause it. Of course this was originally Tchernobog's ability so he gets it too.

Abilities​

Caleb
Others

Last edited:
Yeah, the earthquake thing appears to be unsourced and for the most part assumed, so I agree with scrapping the alleged 8-A feat altogether. The other feats listed in the blog also look good but I recall Mr. King mentioning that it's only implied Caleb absorbs the raw power of his enemies and not various hax last time he said things related to Blood on the wiki.

Yeah, the earthquake thing appears to be unsourced and for the most part assumed, so I agree with scrapping the alleged 8-A feat altogether. The other feats listed in the blog also look good but I recall Mr. King mentioning that it's only implied Caleb absorbs the raw power of his enemies and not various hax last time he said things related to Blood on the wiki.
I tried to debunk it in the post- If they explain that he's the One That Binds now because he absorbs the power of those he kills, "the power" probably means their abilities as well as growing stronger- admittedly it's very vague either way but I think the evidence is enough.

...how did the power absorption stuff get rejected? It's implied that he got Gabriel's power when he ate his heart, and Tchernobog outright states that the reason he picked Caleb as one of the Chosen was because he can gain the strength of others, and that killing Tchernobog made Caleb even more powerful.
eww reddit spacing icky gross
Everything else looks good. Caleb should also have paralysis inducement and ectoplasm manipulation because of the life leech, and I think Blood 2 states that he has some weird time travel ability and that he is fated to save the multiverse or something? I don't really remember because frankly does anybody remember anything from that game besides the janky gameplay and that they turned Gabriel into a chick for no real reason whatsoever?

...how did the power absorption stuff get rejected? It's implied that he got Gabriel's power when he ate his heart, and Tchernobog outright states that the reason he picked Caleb as one of the Chosen was because he can gain the strength of others, and that killing Tchernobog made Caleb even more powerful.
It was interpreted as just a statistical increase, while I think it's both that and a mega man-style power absorption. Well a little more gruesome than Mega Man I suppose
Everything else looks good. Caleb should also have paralysis inducement and ectoplasm manipulation because of the life leech
I didn't know of this interview, that's cool. However considering how many revisions Blood's weapons went through before release (The Tesla Gun was a harpoon gun once) I don't think this applies to the Life Leech, especially since it doesn't really work that way in the actual game.
and I think Blood 2 states that he has some weird time travel ability and that he is fated to save the multiverse or something? I don't really remember because frankly does anybody remember anything from that game besides the janky gameplay and that they turned Gabriel into a chick for no real reason whatsoever?
He does save the universe by unfucking the mess that Tchernobog's death caused but the time travel is actually done by Nightmare, the final boss of the DLC, it decides to throw Caleb around the timeline for god knows what reason. It might imply some weird Acausality Type 1 for Caleb but it's really weird and confusing and I'd rather not try and wrap my head around Blood 2's DLC story.

Last edited:
I didn't know of this interview, that's cool. However considering how many revisions Blood's weapons went through before release (The Tesla Gun was a harpoon gun once) I don't think this applies to the Life Leech, especially since it doesn't really work that way in the actual game.
that's an effect of tchernobog's fuckery with reality, more feats that indicate universe-wide retcons

i think so too, if there's no opposition i'll apply it tomorrow

oh also i'm giving caleb and tchernobog spatial manip and i really don't need to explain why

more importantly, i've been thinking caleb's physical abilities from blood 2 should apply to the blood 1 key, opinions?

oh also i'm giving caleb and tchernobog spatial manip and i really don't need to explain why

more importantly, i've been thinking caleb's physical abilities from blood 2 should apply to the blood 1 key, opinions?
Yeah, Spatial Manipulation is pretty self-explanatory with these two.

I agree with that too. I mean, unless there's some bit that I am not remembering, I'm pretty sure his physicals stay the same through the games.

He gets a little stronger with time as he absorbs more people but not by a huge amount

Back