• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
One shot is pretty useless here when Mewtwo blitzes pretty badly. It scales to something that should probably be in the millions of c with a speed result, but Shadow's speed doesn't put him to a quantifiable part of FTL+. Mewtwo tries TK slam, realizes it doesn't work, then goes for mind hax before Shadow can do anything significant here.

Shadow resists the mindhax, pretty easily in fact, he would need to use a hax Shadow doesn't resists to beat him

Anyways Shadow uses his thought based time stop the moment he sees Mewtwo as a blur, then kills him during the thirty seconds where he would be completely stopped

PlozAlcachaz said:
One shot is pretty useless here when Mewtwo blitzes pretty badly. It scales to something that should probably be in the millions of c with a speed result, but Shadow's speed doesn't put him to a quantifiable part of FTL+. Mewtwo tries TK slam, realizes it doesn't work, then goes for mind hax before Shadow can do anything significant here.
Doesn't Mewtwo also have some good regen? I may need to check the profile again.

But could Shadow realistically get it off before Mewtwo uses one of his many hax abilities?

Ironically, this was the debate that occurred when Shadow VS. Mewtwo happened. The forums were split (well mostly in Mewtwo's favor but ir was still a debate) on which character could use their wincon before the other and that determined the battle. That, and the Dwarf Star results for the PMD calc and 5-A Shadow.

Foxthefox1000 said:
But could Shadow realistically get it off before Mewtwo uses one of his many hax abilities? .
Shadow resists most of his haxes that he uses first, and time stop is one of his go to moves

The Death Battle part is completely irrelevant

Pretty sure mewtwo wins.

lemme give you a rundown of what mewtwo can do before shadow lands a hit on him

-Stat swap (swaps defences and attack with him)

-petrification (petrification)

-empathic hax (scales to mew who has them at such a level that it can make people fall in love)

-BFR (super shadow is restricted so he has no way of getting out for another universe or the freaking void)

-He could read shadow's mind, figure out a strategy within a moment and use his best techniques against him

-He is also supposed to have some transmutation and reality/spatial manipulation but idk if he can use it in this fight

I would also like to point out something you most likely noticed, there was already a thread made about this with good tiers and equalized speed and mewtwo won so i don't think there is a point in remaking this.

Shadow resists over half of those haxes bro, Shadow has escaped from diferent dimensions with one emerald only, petrification is the only one he doesn't plus the other match is a diferent key and outdated

Theuser789 said:
Shadow resists over half of those haxes bro, Shadow has escaped from diferent dimensions with one emerald only, petrification is the only one he doesn't plus the other match is a diferent key and outdated
nothing is outtadet here and the only things he resists that mewtwo has is mind manip, soul manip and some status effects via items which he shouldn't even have here.

This is base shadow which has a range of hundreds of meters with chaos powers, not super shadow who has low multiversal range with chaos powers

Yes, it is, back when the match was made this key we are using didn't even exist, what you said is so wrong that's funny

Yeah, he resists mind control, which is one of your reasons, so I am right, Shadow would resist having his mind controlled, readen, or emphathic hax, that's three down

Shadow has used Chaps Control to teleport out of another dimension back to his own in Rivals 2, Shadow has dimensional travel in his base key for that reason, he counters BFR, another down

Unless Mewtwo stats swapped someone thousands of times stronger in this key that's a NLF, another down

Plus this match will end quickly no matter the winner

Theuser789 said:
Yes, it is, back when the match was made this key we are using didn't even exist, what you said is so wrong that's funny
Yeah, he resists mind control, which is one of your reasons, so I am right, Shadow would resist having his mind controlled, readen, or emphathic hax, that's three down

Shadow has used Chaps Control to teleport out of another dimension back to his own in Rivals 2, Shadow has dimensional travel in his base key for that reason, he counters BFR, another down

Unless Mewtwo stats swapped someone thousands of times stronger in this key that's a NLF, another down

Plus this match will end quickly no matter the winner
one, empa hax are not mind hax and shadow has no resistance to that.

two, idk why it is not stated in his range section but i guess i would agree with bfr

Stat swap is appliable everywehre here so whatever the hell is that excuse you used it ain't gonna work.

you are HEAVILY underestimating mewtwo's speed.

Shadow in this key is 7x lightspeed meanwhile mewtwo scales to characters who flew through thousands of lightyears within seconds. I made a simple calc rn and here is the deal. It would take shadow around 5 months to fly 1 light year... i may have miscalced sth but even then it would still take him at the VERY LEAST a month. Mewtwo can travel the same distance in arguably less than a millisecond.

Mewtwo could take hundreds, possibly thousands of actions before shadow moves 1 single inch or realizes that something is actually happening. Shadow stands 0 chances

Empha hax is a subset of mindhax

So you are saying Mewtwo can swap stats with any tier because it's "appliable everywhere"? Classic NFL

First Shadow is FTL+, so he's over ten times FTL, second, I know about the speed gap, but speed is irrelevant if you can stop time, and most of Mewtwo's moves do nothing to him

Theuser789 said:
Empha hax is a subset of mindhax
So you are saying Mewtwo can swap stats with any tier because it's "appliable everywhere"? Classic NFL

First Shadow is FTL+, so he's over ten times FTL, second, I know about the speed gap, but speed is irrelevant if you can stop time, and most of Mewtwo's moves do nothing to him
Mewtwo can literally test most of his abiities on shadow and read his mind ten times over before shadow even realizes he needs to use time stop.

If you search for the page of mind manip we only see references to telepathy and such, nothing about empathic manip. Empa hax are hax of feelings while Mind hax are hax of mind.

I also need a knowledgable member here to clarify stuff about stat swap so imma call one.

Shadow resists having his mind readden because of his mindhax resistance, plus Shadow will know Mewtwo will use TK because it will affect his body, he stops time then

No, I have been in multiple threads, resisting mindhax gives you resistance to emphathic hax because it's a subset of it

Theuser789 said:
Shadow resists having his mind readden because of his mindhax resistance, plus Shadow will know Mewtwo will use TK because it will affect his body, he stops time then
No, I have been in multiple threads, resisting mindhax gives you resistance to emphathic hax because it's a subset of it
that is... total bullcrap.

I am not talking bout mind manip arguments, im talking about "shadow knowing that mewtwo will use TK"

let me explain what this situation is.

I am right in front of you who is a normal human being. I then take out a gun at faster than lightning speed and then shoot you with a bullet which moves at faster than lightning speed. By the time you even begin to think about beating, not even realizing that i have a gun, you would already have a bullet hole in your stomach. That is pretty much the speed gap between mewtwo and shadow.

Except that in this case the gun will do nothing to me at all and I can completely stop the blur

Shadow will know he uses TK because that will move his own body, and become of the gap Shadow will suffer no damage

Let's go back to your analogy, the person does all that to you, but the bullet does nothing to me, and by thinking I can freeze you completely, your comparassion is wrong because me being shot would do nothing to me

Theuser789 said:
Except that in this case the gun will do nothing to me at all and I can completely stop the blur
Shadow will know he uses TK because that will move his own body, and become of the gap Shadow will suffer no damage

Let's go back to your analogy, the person does all that to you, but the bullet does nothing to me, and by thinking I can freeze you completely, your comparassion is wrong because me being shot would do nothing to me
i used that comparission to show you the speed gap, not the strategy.

shadow won't realize that he is getting beaten up because he will get beat up so fast.

the moment mewtwo realizes his powers don't work he will petrify him which shadow can do nothing about

You are forgetting that the "beat up" involves Shadow's body being moved, Shadow will feel his body being moved fast, and then stop time, plus if Shadow senses that Mewtwo is trying to mindhax him etc.

Nah Mewtwo still wins but that's because Shadow's continental.

...but seriously I'll be downgrading base forms but probably upgrading super forms to recompense. High 6-A bases with solid 2-C supers.

The real cal howard said:
...but seriously I'll be downgrading base forms but probably upgrading super forms to recompense. High 6-A bases with solid 2-C supers.
so base forms are getting nerfed?

The real cal howard said:

Solid 2-C? Huh, bold move you got there. So the 4-A key on Suoer forms is going to be gone, or no? Just wondering.

Oh wait this is an actual VSB match.

Mewtwo punches Shadow in the face and he turns into stone. Game over. 3 trillion c vs 10 c.

Mewtwo starts with TK, not petrification, as far as I know, but meh, this match is dumb anyways, I am only posting because the forum move means this won't matter

Also yare yare at downgrading base forms to 6-A, I am definitvely not supporting that in any shape

Cal never said that tho, he only said he will petrify.

Which is correct, as Shadow is a statue by comparison

Solid 2-C? Huh, bold move you got there. So the 4-A key on Suoer forms is going to be gone, or no? Just wondering.

Prolly. If I had it my way, they'd be multi continental in base because they currently scale to superweapon that would've killed them, but low universal in super because the variable tier is dumb and 2-C happens a handful of times. They'd scale to Egg Wizard, not Solaris, as he'd go back to being an outlier, but the other super form villains (Overlord, Gaia, etc.) would be 2-C as well.

Back