• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna have to disagree with the WSK having an Unknown for Durability since Yhwach states that the power Ichigo had regained was for the purpose of cutting down the SK.

Gonna have to disagree with the WSK having an Unknown for Durability since Yhwach states that the power Ichigo had regained was for the purpose of cutting down the SK.
That's not necessarily what he said. He said that he regained his power for the purpose of cutting down the Soul King, not that Ichigo achieved the minimum AP necessary to hurt the Soul King.

That's not necessarily what he said. He said that he regained his power for the purpose of cutting down the Soul King, not that Ichigo achieved the minimum AP necessary to hurt the Soul King.
Both Aizen and Hikone sought transcendence before replacing the SK, so saying the SK should have Unknown durability is still wrong.
Also,TS Ichigo was going to replace the SK so his AP would be atleast equivalent to the WSK.

This makes no sense
No it makes perfect sense, because an outlier by definition is an irreconcilably inconsistent event. So by default if it can be explained away, it cannot be an outlier. Not to mention on this site's outlier page it notes that we should take every step possible to reconcile the supposed outlier before labeling it as such. The outlier argument isn't supposed to be the first resort like it is so often here.

The notion that the value is too high based on your preconceived perception of a character and their scaling = outlier is ridiculous (not targeting you here more so a general statement with this last one).

Last edited:
I would be inclined to agree, besides Ichigo at this point was supposed to have gotten the same immense amount of power that he once had, the entire first half of the arc had been hyping up Ichigo along with a 10 chapter long plot flashback of his mom to explain Ichigo's powers and his whole reforging only for him to be worthless later on? Why waste our time? If that would not mean anything Kubo would have kept Ichigo the same way and not even touch upon it and not go on a flashback arc and training to completely design a new Shihakusho and Zanpakutou for Ichigo. Most of the time he's toying around and got him in trouble. It is what always happens, he gets cocky against Kenpachi and that gets him almost killed going into a mid training during a fight to learn a lesson, he could have killed Byakuya any time he wanted but because he wanted to prove a point and was full of himself with his new power he is rendered immobile and helpeless until Zangetsu bails him out.

He toys with Yammy which leads into White coming in and messing up the fight, he goes into the fight without finishing his training and takes too long to defeat Grimmjow needing Shinji to save him, he holds back on Dordonni which got Nel in danger (Which is actually brought up), he foolish believes beating Ulquiorra would end a war despite that not being how it works and was wrong. In his Dangai form he could have killed Aizen at any point but takes his time which leads to Aizen evolving and losing his powers.

At the end of the day Ichigo is still a person and would make these kinds of mistakes that results in him getting in these types of situations

Shouldn’t Ichibei’s range change? He can control all Black in the Soul Society and the Living World while been in Soul King Palace.

I don’t see how potential future rating changes holds any barring rn. Of course they’ll change it’s a public forum, someone down the line will come with better arguments, or new info will be released it’s the nature of scaling in general.

Like are you that butthurt that universal Bleach is a thing? You throwing shade at “they’ll go back down eventually” is pathetic, I don’t care if they do, I came here primarily to upgrade them (as I always had an issue with 3x 5-B). I did what I came to do, what happens afterwards I don’t care.

No one has debunked the point of withstanding your own reiatsu. I don’t think anyone’s addressed it.

No it makes perfect sense, because an outlier by definition is an irreconcilably inconsistent event. So by default if it can be explained away, it cannot be an outlier. Not to mention on this site's outlier page it notes that we should take every step possible to reconcile the supposed outlier before labeling it as such. The outlier argument isn't supposed to be the first resort like it is so often here.
People don't know how to use the outlier argument.

An outlier is data that doesn't fit with the rest of the data shown, and even if you exclude that one piece of data, the average of the other data points would still bring results close to that point.
If we find an 8-B calc, that would be a ginormous outlier for the entire verse since the majority of the calcs all fit at tier 6, with a lower quartile of Island level and a higher quartile of continental.

People don't know how to use the outlier argument.

An outlier is data that doesn't fit with the rest of the data shown, and even if you exclude that one piece of data, the average of the other data points would still bring results close to that point.
If we find an 8-B calc, that would be a ginormous outlier for the entire verse since the majority of the calcs all fit at tier 6, with a lower quartile of Island level and a higher quartile of continental.
That’s how it works in mathematics, but I’m referencing this: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Outlier. I don’t know if your response is in agreement or disagreement with mine tho.

If it has an explanation is not an outlier.
vHXLThS.gif

Either way saying a nerfed Ichigo getting tagged (and taking no damage) from Sternritter does not make them scale to TS Ichigo and is no outlier.

It's literally the definition?
How?

Ichigo isn’t using his full power -> Ichigo is distracted and has his resolve wavered after seeing Uryu -> 8 Sternritter struggle to tag this nerfed Ichigo -> one of them lands a hit -> Ichigo takes no damage despite being heavily suppressed -> Ichigo finally reveals his full power -> SK/Mimihagi Absorbed Yhwach says it’s magnificent.

What part of this screams “TS Ichigo’s full power is relative to the Sternritter”?

An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power. Outliers are generally regarded as unusable in some forums debates. However, all effort should be made to try to reconcile outliers with other canon information, and only the most extreme examples should be classed as completely unusable. Often there is disagreement on exactly what constitutes an outlier, and things that are considered an outlier by some might not be considered to be one by everyone. Careful judgement should be used in all cases.

Damage closing thread because apparently blue/yellow getsuga = black getsuga when the manga clearly says they are not the same. The Black getsuga is the inner hollows technique.

0212-005.png

Second point is that Hollow mask + bankai = black getsuga which is a lie. False. Is an excuse to close the thread. Ichigo is able to use this power without the mask. Here is an easy example I found that he doesn't have the mask to use a Black getsuga.

cnfgNnW.jpeg
vkJ5gqf.jpeg

I request the thread to be open on this new info. The last one was months ago and this post debunks all the points made by the mods to auto-lock thread.

Damage closing thread because apparently blue/yellow getsuga = black getsuga when the manga clearly says they are not the same. The Black getsuga is the inner hollows technique.

0212-005.png

Second point is that Hollow mask + bankai = black getsuga which is a lie. False. Is an excuse to close the thread. Ichigo is able to use this power without the mask. Here is an easy example I found that he doesn't have the mask to use a Black getsuga.

cnfgNnW.jpeg
vkJ5gqf.jpeg

I request the thread to be open on this new info. The last one was months ago and this post debunks all the points made by the mods to auto-lock thread.
Hey, how do you post images like That?

The topic has been rejected already, you haven't posted any new evidence.

want to say i didnt feel like anyone debunked the points i brought up months ago but as majority disagreed i decided there was no point in debating
you can easily debunk that by bringing the panel where ulquiorra told ichigo to use his black getsuga as thats when he is the most potent while ichigo already was in hollowfied bankai

also this isnt a thread for discussing this
post it on bleach general discussions maybe others have good points to give discuss it there
Hey, how do you post images like That?
copy image address of whatever u want to post and then paste it here
unknown.png

The topic has been rejected already, you haven't posted any new evidence.
I read every single post in the link you provided and rebutted all the main "debunks" on that thread. You could at least read what I posted. If you didn't noticed, the reasons it was "debunked", was based on lies and I debunked those in my post here. This comment you provide was either without reading anything or you are completely abusing your power. Reply back when you actually put the same effort and don't lie to my face again.

Last edited:
want to say i didnt feel like anyone debunked the points i brought up months ago but as majority disagreed i decided there was no point in debating

you can easily debunk that by bringing the panel where ulquiorra told ichigo to use his black getsuga as thats when he is the most potent while ichigo already was in hollowfied bankai

also this isnt a thread for discussing this
post it on bleach general discussions maybe others have good points to give discuss it there

copy image address of whatever u want to post and then paste it here
unknown.png
I already did. Damage biastly closed the thread.

I want to remind everyone that there hasn’t been any attempt to debunk the “withstanding your own reiatsu” argument.

Eh, unless reiatsu has been shown to actively weigh upon the user of it that seems like a strange argument to use. It's an aura that emits around the character and acts like a forcefield, but that doesn't automatically mean they're physically comparable to it. That's one of the reasons that in a lot of series one's durability with barries doesn't automatically scale to their actual durability. Bleach's saving grace is that these barriers are almost always on and has to actively be tempered with to turn off.

Arc brings it up because in Ichigo’s first use of Bankai against Byakuya, his Bankai was crushing his own body because he wasn’t strong enough to handle. This is supported by Toshiro being damaged by his own Bankai at first and had to train more to use it for longer periods of time. I even linked the scans for Yachiru releasing too much of Kenpachi’s power which caused his arm to explode at the elbow. That’s three times that an increase in reiatsu causes bodily harm to their owner.

Yeah it’s been repeatedly shown to be a thing, that if you can’t withstand your own reiatsu it crushes and damages you.

Can someone post Byayukuya talking about Ichigo's body being too weak, all I found was him saying that Ichigo reached his limit which isn't the same.
Also the same for Toshiro, I couldn't find a scan of him being hurt by his own bankai, just that it might incomplete due to the flowers disappearing.

Can someone post Byayukuya talking about Ichigo's body being too weak, all I found was him saying that Ichigo reached his limit which isn't the same.
Also the same for Toshiro, I couldn't find a scan of him being hurt by his own bankai, just that it might incomplete due to the flowers disappearing.
Is hollow ichigo

When he takes control he explains that the reason why ichigo is becoming slower and weaker is because he is getting crushed by his own reiatsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back