• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: Speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to agree with TataHakai, it can't be assumed he moves X times faster than a lightning bolt unless we have cinematic timeframe to prove that. Outpacing something that's considered lightning fast can at best be Massively Hypersonic+.

Damage3245 said:
*Ichigo crash landed on arrival. He didn't stopped half way since he can run for weeks and fight for months in previous arcs.
Pretty sure the 'fighting for months' was a mental battle which would be a different kind of stamina drain than a physical fight.
Everything that happened on his mind affected his physical body. This was prove when the wounds began to appear on his body. We also saw him sweating. And Ichigo did expent 3 months inside the Dangai without eating, sleeping or anything else. He fought and tanked wounds from Vasto Lorde White + Quincy spirit fused at full strength.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm going to have to agree with TataHakai, it can't be assumed he moves X times faster than a lightning bolt unless we have cinematic timeframe to prove that. Outpacing something that's considered lightning fast can at best be Massively Hypersonic+.
Huh? Which calc are you talking about? What's being discussed is the 2nd calc.

Talking about the Ichigo one and the Applelord one made 2 months ago, both had their errors. The latter was also brought up a while back in which even LordAizenSama rejected it.

Yeah, it seems to be a case of personal conjecture vs contextual implication.

We literally have on-screen evidence of Ichigo dealing with multiple Heilig Pfeil fired at him:

1) Did he deflect those? Yes, so he would here too and Liltotto confirms it. Consistent.

2) Did he deflect each of those away? Yes, Liltotto confirms he did deflect each and every one of them away.

3) Did he do it all individually? This isnt confirmed, thus we need context and how Ichigo would have acted. It's obvious he did them all individually given that in this exact same arc Ichigo dealt with multiple Heilig Pfeil fired at him with each being in close proximity to each other and Ichigo still deflected them all individually.

There is a huge difference in scale between these two cases. In this one it is being suggested that Ichigo waited until the arrows were less than a foot away from him before individually slicing at each arrow.

That had to have taken much, much less than 6.2025e-7 seconds when you consider that by the time he'd finished deflecting half of them away, the rest of the arrows would be about 13 centimeters away from him. I don't even want to think how that'd be physically possible to deflect something from that close a range.

When you look at the earlier case, each of the arrows are clearly much further away from him than that when he deflects them.

He doesn't though. Like he obviously redirected them and we have proof he did and "physically possible" isn't a thing in fiction, i thought we estasblsihed that way back when, so i really don't know what damage is going on about.

Lol he isn't even posting any evidence just his thoughts. The assumption in the calc is supported by the manga. Please provide evidence from the manga to suggest otherwise because personal conjecture means nothing here.

his is essentially "what I think happened" vs what the manga implies.

@Sigurd, it is also conjecture that he deflected each arrow individually by moving his arm 90 degrees each time. All Liltotto says is that the arrows were deflected; not that he deflected each one individually.

For an offscreen feat, it is pretty hard to provide actual evidence either way.

Damage3245 said:
@Sigurd, it is also conjecture that he deflected each arrow individually by moving his arm 90 degrees each time. All Liltotto says is that the arrows were deflected; not that he deflected each one individually.
For an offscreen feat, it is pretty hard to provide actual evidence either way.
No it isn't, your argument comes from thin air. Several different evidence has been posted to support the main argument in the calculation which btw was edited and modified by Ugarik multiple times. You guys are arguing all sorts of angles to see what sticks like shockwaves which don't exist, Ichigo doing some sort of whirlwind attack even though the arrows weren't annihilated. Every single scenario you guys stated would have destroyed the arrows which would have been easier, but clearly Ichigo carefully redirected each one which is why they weren't destroyed.

Which is why i'm asking where is yours, we've posted evidence and you've posted nothing.

They are forcing an argument that I unmasked with facts of the manga itself.

Ichigo with a single blow could have dealt with everything Heilig pfeil in one go.

If he had done it, they would not be REDIRECTED but DISSIPATED, as it happens here.

"But nothing indicates that he handled each individually.

We have a similar scene that supports this thought, where Ichigo redirects Heilig's pfeil that "explodes" behind him , just as he does in the calculated feat . In addition, Ichigo has two swords, as indicated here , he used both for this feat (Notice that the swords are very close to your face.)

Basically, we have an argument that is maintained by the manga itself while the others use the achismo.

Ichigo is only dealing with a single arrow fired by Uryu there.

If he could use his sword to deflect multiple arrows from Quilge, why would using his sword against multiple arrows at once dissipate them instead of redirecting them?

So, given TataHakai's, Medeus', and Damage's arguments, I suppose that this seems to have been rejected.

Never mind. IMade also seems to make a good case. I suppose that I am neutral concerning this.

Damage3245 said:
Ichigo is only dealing with a single arrow fired by Uryu there.
If he could use his sword to deflect multiple arrows from Quilge, why would using his sword against multiple arrows at once dissipate them instead of redirecting them?
The example is not the amount he dissipated, but how, if he just did it with a single move, that should have happened.

This serves to show the difference and this supports our argument, different from its arguments, on which the basis is the headcanon.

Well, I will unsubscribe and butt out of this discussion then. You can send me a message if you reach a consensus and need my help with something.

I personally don't think the word of the calc members matters at all, if they were just reviewing the math.

But I do agree with the nature of the feat. There just seems to be too much speculation and "safe bets" to undermine what the event implies happened.

To be honest I do not see anything wrong in Ichigo's deed, even Liltoto says he did. This argument that if he had repelled all Liltoto would have to say "he repelled all", does not make any sense, in the feat of Senbosakura Byakuya says that he rebounded all the petals but not for that you consider that he has rebounded all the petals. Anyway, what I want to say is that Damage's argument does not make any sense. Sorry for the lousy English.

I agree with Kazui, Imade, and Slakrevei, Ichigo would definitely show off like that, especially since he's so much above them in power

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) And no, do you mind posting scans of Ichigo dealing with multiple heiling pfeil from the same distance whilst also deflecting them individually?

Not that it would matter because context doesn't work like that, you're literally trying to scale Context across scenes because they're from the same arc

In addition, Ichigo has shown doing this same feat other times. In the novels it was shown to low-level characters making similar deeds, such as Hisagi. Anyway, I do not want this thread to become like the others, full of insults and hate speech.

The scans are already in the thread,just look for them. It defintley does, because it happened before (twice i might add) why wouldn't be safe to say he did it here? Like it doesn't make any sense for him to do something completely different in a situation he has been in before and has worked out in his favor.

Damage3245 said:
*Ichigo crash landed on arrival. He didn't stopped half way since he can run for weeks and fight for months in previous arcs.
Pretty sure the 'fighting for months' was a mental battle which would be a different kind of stamina drain than a physical fight.
Ichigo's mental battle caused had physical affects.

Every cut and wound that he got in his mind was reflected on his body.

And even ignoring that, Isshin is right next to Ichigo expending his energy to stop the Dangai from moving for the same three months.

Even then it would show Ichigo's mental strength considering Ichigo was already mentally screwed from the Vasto Lorde fiasco and then Aizen mindfucking him

It would be impossible for Ichigo to redirect all the Heilig Pfeil doing the Swung his Sword assumption. It's not new to the series that, unless you directly redirect, you are actively destroying the arrow, so this matter can be resolved just by contextualizing with the rest of the series. Anything else would contradict Liltotto statement and the rest of the series.

@Kyo; how else would Ichigo redirect them? Catch the arrows? We've already seen him deflecting arrows with his sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back