• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach speed (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
by the way, the calc was already divided by two, so putting 60 degree will lead at a similar result, even if lower.

if I'm not wrong the new distance now is 7.14m, instead of 10m.

V=320893251.75 m/s so 1.06c

let's see if USklaverei agree.

Another thing

If you're assuming Renji came from directly above and say not from the side kinda like he was hopping on air there as Bleach characters do then you'd have to argue that Renji was falling faster than the attack hit Rojuro which doesn't make sense because Gravity doesn't work like that.

I mean, Bleach characters can travel on air so they can likely travel downwards too without relying on gravity

No it isn't

You're completely ignoring how they do that if you assume that.

They create steps under their feet as if they're on the ground.

This wouldn't work while falling, infact if they did that while falling it would slow their descent if anything.

USklaverie result is all the distance, that is why he divided by 2, and used 140degree, he used all the panel, 60 degree is correct, the distance 8.224m then the height of the view (just the upper one is 7.14m) therefore the speed is at least 1.06c instead of 1.54c.

and this is already a lowball since we are assuming renji come exactly from the limit of the view of mask and not from higher distances.

He wouldn't be falling...you literally have to take that into consideration with them coming from above if they are making steps. It's an assumption to say that they were falling the whole time.

Also gravity would increase their speed if they are falling

Hell im pretty sure bleac users argued that Ichigo was using shunpo for like hours while heading directly down before.

So I'm pretty darn fine with Renji making footholds

"Hell I'm pretty sure bleach users argued that Ichigo was using shunpo for like hours while heading directly down before"

Why would you say something so irrelevant? Did I make such an argument? No.

We already know they travelled to where mask was without falling the entire time since the place we see them appear from is rather far from Mask's position

You clearly don't understand

Imagine if you could make an invisible floor under your feet whenever you wanted, now imagine doing that while falling, how in any capacity would that make you fall faster?

Tyri456 said:
by the way, the calc was already divided by two, so putting 60 degree will lead at a similar result, even if lower.
if I'm not wrong the new distance now is 7.14m, instead of 10m.

V=320893251.75 m/s so 1.06c

let's see if USklaverei agree.
I didn't understand the 7.14 meters, where did it come from?

Using 140 degrees it gave 20,148 meters, with 60 degrees of the 8.6348 meters.

However, it has another method that I am seeing.

my method is different since I Imaged the problem as a right triangle. for being more objective and do not count the horizantal range of view (lowball).

we know that the degrees are 60, so the minimun height knowing the distance is 6.67m is:

tan(60)*6.67m = distance

actually with my method the result is 11.52m.

the distance between mask and renji is the base of the right riangle, we know the degrees, therefore we can find the height only of the upper view of mask that is 11.52m that would be the height of the triangle itself, and we are assuming that renji is literally right after that distance, even if in the reality he can be literlly everywhere with only higher distance, so this is the lowest result possible.

Purgy said:

Imagine if you could make an invisible floor under your feet whenever you wanted, now imagine doing that while falling, how in any capacity would that make you fall faster?
I think you are the one who isn't understanding. They use reishi to make footholds in the air. If they are going downward, they glean still make footholds which let them kick downward. See Ichigo starting his descent, see Grimmjow after roundhousing Ichigo into Karakura.

Your issue seems to me that you are treating it like a human is upside down and thus would fall away from any floor ignoring the fact these guys are far and away faster than gravity.

The argument for him coming from above still doesn't change whether they had already landed as Renji was with Ryoka and she came from directly above Rose and thus Renji doing so as well makes the most sense.

AnonymousBlank said:
Purgy said:

I think you are the one who isn't understanding. They use reishi to make footholds in the air. If they are going downward, they glean still make footholds which let them kick downward. See Ichigo starting his descent, see Grimmjow after roundhousing Ichigo into Karakura.
Your issue seems to me that you are treating it like a human is upside down and thus would fall away from any floor ignoring the fact these guys are far and away faster than gravity.

The argument for him coming from above still doesn't change whether they had already landed as Renji was with Ryoka and she came from directly above Rose and thus Renji doing so as well makes the most sense.
No, it is you who doesn't understand.

If he had to kick downwards then he wasn't going directly down like we are using as the basis for the calc, assuming he travelled directly downwards and say not diagonally greatly hurts the calcs result.

Grimmjow isn't going directly down in that scene infact he's doing exactly what I'm arguing Renji probably did here so your argument is faulty.

Lastly, Rukia never came directly from above Rose, infact given her body position she's clearly coming from the left of Rose, the green line would be her path given how she lands.

70d9efb51f2e07036a53971f7b75d20b
70dab

Anyway, we have two ways, that of Tyri456 that gave 11.52 meters and mine that gave 8.6348 meters. The one that is most correct should be used

I'm not talking about a different method, I'm just against using Mask's vertical FOV since there's more evidence he came diagonally from one of the sides as oppose to directly above.

Also, I do kinda regret even suggesting the FOV method since we're now further away from this being accepted than before.

If it takes time, it takes time. That's just how these revisions go.

Fam ..... ngl. I wanted to be civil about this despite not particularly caring for it but your argument is stupid and based purely on semantics and not actually using the panels. What else can kick downwards mean when you have a scan of someone in almost literally the same situation doing exactly what I am saying? If I jump up vertically, am I not going up? This is the exact same for them except upside down.

I never said Grimmjow was going down vertically, I said he was able to use Shunpo whole going down which serves as supporting evidence of being able to use footholds while upside down ignoring the fact Ichigo uses Shunpo for hours to move directly down to Seireitei. You are treating the ability to use Shunpo to move 45 degrees down and 90 degrees down as mutually exclusive for whatever BS reason despite the fact you are shown and told that they can do it.

Also this Lastly, Rukia never came directly from above Rose, infact given her body position she's clearly coming from the left of Rose, the green line would be her path given how she lands. Utterly moronic. No one said she and Renji occupy the same space but that they were next to each other so of course she won't appear from right above him when Renji already did that. She also arrived behind him going directly down. Look at the motion lines ffs and put your brain to use. That green line is pure head canon and conjured up by imaginary panels only you can see.

Do yourself a favor and drop the argument because it's only making you look dumb and overcomplicating what should be the simple application of common sense.

USklaverei said:
Anyway, we have two ways, that of Tyri456 that gave 11.52 meters and mine that gave 8.6348 meters. The one that is most correct should be used
let's see what damage and tata thinks.

AnonymousBlank said:
Fam ..... ngl. I wanted to be civil about this despite not particularly caring for it but your argument is stupid and based purely on semantics and not actually using the panels. What else can kick downwards mean when you have a scan of someone in almost literally the same situation doing exactly what I am saying? If I jump up vertically, am I not going up? This is the exact same for them except upside down.
I never said Grimmjow was going down vertically, I said he was able to use Shunpo whole going down which serves as supporting evidence of being able to use footholds while upside down ignoring the fact Ichigo uses Shunpo for hours to move directly down to Seireitei. You are treating the ability to use Shunpo to move 45 degrees down and 90 degrees down as mutually exclusive for whatever BS reason despite the fact you are shown and told that they can do it.

Also this Lastly, Rukia never came directly from above Rose, infact given her body position she's clearly coming from the left of Rose, the green line would be her path given how she lands. Utterly moronic. No one said she and Renji occupy the same space but that they were next to each other so of course she won't appear from right above him when Renji already did that. She also arrived behind him going directly down. Look at the motion lines ffs and put your brain to use. That green line is pure head canon and conjured up by imaginary panels only you can see.

Do yourself a favor and drop the argument because it's only making you look dumb and overcomplicating what should be the simple application of common sense.
You don't need to be toxic about it.

Absolutely nothing you said disproves what I'm arguing, the motion lines thing is just straight bad, again I'm not arguing that Renji and Rukia didn't come from above, I'm arguing they didn't come from directly above. Since we're using Mask's FOV here the angle they came in at matters a ton, assuming they arrived from directly above would yield a lower result than if they arc'd in from the side.

It doesn't let me upload gif's here so I can't show you in detail what exactly I'm trying to explain.

Btw, I dunno why I didn't see this before, but Renji and Rukia had already hit the ground long before Mask used his attack, so there's really no evidence to suggest they just nose dived to his location.

885cef24de7964ac3c7fe5407f75c3ad

> Absolutely nothing you said disproves what I'm arguing, the motion lines thing is just straight bad, again I'm not arguing that Renji and Rukia didn't come from above, I'm arguing they didn't come from directly above. Since we're using Mask's FOV here the angle they came in at matters a ton, assuming they arrived from directly above would yield a lower result than if they arc'd in from the side.

I thought you said up above that we had to figure out the minimum distance Renji travelled?

> "And honestly, looking at it now, there's no reason to assume Renji came from above. The only reason it was assumed initially was because we had to figure out Renji's minimum distance travelled and the panels height was the best way of doing that at the time, now that we're using Mask's FOV we don't need to do that."

Yes, before we were using Mask's FOV, now that we agree it's more accurate to do that rather than scale the size of the panels. Wait, I'm not sure what you're arguing. Are you saying him coming straight down is better because it's the lower result? Yes it's a lower result but it's baseless and there's more evidence to suggest they didn't just nose dive to where Mask was.

That is from 559 right? I don't see how they could already be on the ground if directly in the next chapter they're still diving but have gotten lower. Although considering that during the fight with Rose, Hisagi and etc Mask didn't really move from his general idea. So they would have to come from an angel in my opinion, kind of like Ichigo.

2E487A7C-0BD8-4EE0-BDD5-26165AFC0164
95E40F70-7ADE-4165-B608-38C9AC070E14

The only logical conclusion is that the first page of Chapter 560 happens before the final panel on page 17 of Chapter 559

There's really no other way you can look at it.

Unless the smoke at their feet isn't an indication that they're on the ground.

Idk I could be looking at it wrong.

I said the panel.

Like the final panel on the first scan you posted could have happened afterwards but I'm not sure, it is pretty weird that there would be smoke/dust or whatever if they hadn't landed.

It wouldn't make sense considering the dialogue. But like I said in my previous comment, they may have come at an angle because Mask didn't have any opportunity to go to them and they're clearly not directly under him at that point. So the only real applicable thing is that they came to Mask so they'd have to had adjusted their trajectory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back