• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach speed (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it would be higher for sure, since rel+ is a big lowball, that is why we were arguing directly for sol

> 4. He can only come from above the panel, but Sklaveri used the bare minimum which is from Renji to the Border.

This is the part that is wrong. It is not the bare minimum.

Purgy's suggestion of actually calcing Mask's field of vision is a much more accurate solution.

As we saw, Renji was not in Mask's field of view, considering that at that time it covered about 140 ┬░, using this scan as a basis.

• C = 2 * 8.2445tan(140 / 2)
  • C = 20.148 meters
Renji would have to be at least half of that:

• D = 20.148 / 2
  • D = 10.074 meters
Velocity

• V = 10.074 / 2.225039e-8
  • V = 452756108.994 m / s, or 1.54c (FTL)

But how do we know it's correct lol? I have no idea how to work out his potential FOV so... However, I do know his FOV would be greater than the assumed 6 meters that Renji bare minimum travelled.

I considered the field of view by that scan, normally it would be 180┬░, since we can see it like this.

Yes the normal Human FOV is 180┬░

But if Damage doesn't know how to work out somebody's FOV how can he agree with your calc?

This Calc should be a lowball since human FOV is 180? I think would be good since it is a lowball

Assuming USklaverei's calc is correct (I have no idea) then that would be the lowest most accurate result.

If we do it the other way, that would be the lowest most inaccurate result based on a couple assumptions

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Whatever yields the lowest result would be best.
Shouldn't whatever yields the most accurate result be best?

Damage3245 said:
IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Whatever yields the lowest result would be best.
Shouldn't whatever yields the most accurate result be best?
If you think that's best, then so be it. You already know my opinion on lasers like this similar to Delta's. That's why I'd prefer the lowball if we must accept this.

USklaverei said:
Anyway, Damage, what do you think of the method I posted above?
The method looks better though I don't yet if it is 100% correct.

According to Wikipedia; "The vertical range of the visual field in humans is around 150 degrees."

Will do a bit more reading to double-check this.

So the feat will be reclac'd using Mask's supposed POV ? If that can quell Damage's complaints about the previous one , then that's good .

The new method on the calc should recieve some more evaluations.

Yep , the calc have been updated with the inclusion of the POV method, we should get some calc members to look at it again .

i've notified TaTa of the calc update ,asking him to check it out .

Some things:

The visual field of the human eye spans approximately 120 degrees of arc, however, most of that arc is peripheral Vision
A normal visual field is an island of vision measuring 90 degrees temporally to central Fixation, 50 degrees superiorly and nasally, and 60 degrees inferiorly
~ ncbi
F154EB83-980A-44B1-8033-C5B162E90F46
3134318B-CD74-4A76-9162-E9AB2E94A816
96FD2822-03F8-4288-9848-DB156A97BE50

Source: Stanford

Basically, the angle of vision that we register with both eyes on horizontal vision is approximately 120 degrees also known as the binocular visual field. 180 degrees is the angle of each eye individually added together or the total visual field and Stanford says that's 200, however, we don't register that. We only register the approximate 120 horizontal view we have.

For this feat, since he cane from above, neither of those would be applicable regardless as you would have to use the superior visual field angle of 60 degrees. Some say 50 but the gist is about the same.

I guess that the calc should be adjusted to take that into account.

are we taking into account that there is a distance between renji and mask? the distance will increase the fov

Yes, you would have to take the distance into account but it wouldn't increase the angle of the field of view, only the total area you are viewing

Tyri456 is correct

And honestly, looking at it now, there's no reason to assume Renji came from above. The only reason it was assumed initially was because we had to figure out Renji's minimum distance travelled and the panels height was the best way of doing that at the time, now that we're using Mask's FOV we don't need to do that.

3c80db382e3c51c53bc4271e085ed367
This happened a chapter ago, and it would be pretty difficult for you to argue that Renji/Rukia didn't hit the ground in a chapters time.
There's also a decent amount wrong that I see with Jvando's post anyway so I'll talk about that shortly.

Time is strange in manga

A chapter can be 2 seconds long or 2 hours long, it's not the best way to judge time passing but it's probably better to use events happening in those chapters as an approximate judge of time passing

Honestly it was more like two chapters since the scan I posted was at the beginning of chapter 560 and the scan of Renji appearing in front of mask happened at the end of chapter 561

Regardless, Mask fight's 3 individuals in that amount of chapters/pages. He fodderizes them mostly, but it's clearly significantly more than 2 seconds.

@Purgy; the original argument given was that since Rukia appeared from above shortly after Renji, that it is most reasonable that Renji came from above as well.

It's saying Permission error when I try to upload images but I'll show what I mean in a second.

Damage3245 said:
@Purgy; the original argument given was that since Rukia appeared from above shortly after Renji, that it is most reasonable that Renji came from above as well.
Except this doesn't prove Rukia (And therefore Renji) came directly above which is what is currently being in the feat

70d9efb51f2e07036a53971f7b75d20b
Again, now that we're using Mask's FOV assuming Renji came directly from above down the center of the panel is wrong, sure Renji and Rukia might have been in the air when travelling, I'll try to show what I mean by drawing on the scan.
70db
Okay, so the Blue line is the current presumed path Renji travelled from to intercept the attack, but there's no reason for us to assume he came from directly above and say not from the side like the red lines potentially show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back