• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Soul Potency

AnonymousBlank said:
Tbf Tatsuki sensing Aizen was PIS or her having oddly consistent superior ESP feats to everyone else once again. Not sure which I prefer tbh.
There are no pis here, later Aizen clarify that he let tatsuki to sense him by lowered his power to their level.

Dienomite22 said:
I thought you were implying humans have those crazy amount of souls based on atoms having souls. I would take her manipulating her cells to mean she's manipulating her 1 soul (no way right?) and that soul is made up from a bunch of atoms and their weak souls. I think that's whats happening but I could be wrong.
I don't think so, considering humans aren't made of a single cell but trillions. so she has to convert every single cell into whatever mists are made of.

Hell she can even create life via an amalgamation of countless souls.

Even hollows are composed of countless souls depending on their class, it's essentially the only way they can evolve.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I don't think so, considering humans aren't made of a single cell but trillions. so she has to convert every single cell into whatever mists are made of.

Hell she can even create life via an amalgamation of countless souls.
I get that but it sounds like there is some sort of "merging" going on when it comes to souls since each piece of evidence you gave me refer to the objects/particle's soul in a singular manner such as the statement about the glass' "soul", light pole's "soul" and nitrogen's "soul". If the nitogen contained multiple souls based on 1 atom = 1 soul then it should have 3 souls but it isn't referred to in that manner, instead its' soul is just called....soul which indicates that nitrogen just has 1 soul and logically that means that 1 nitrogen soul is the equivelent of 3 atom souls. Let me try this:

3 atoms = 3 atom souls

3 atom souls = 1 nitrogen soul but that nitrogen doesn't have 3 souls just because it was formed by 3 atoms and it's more like those 3 souls "merged" to create 1 nitrogen soul. Take this logic and apply it to the other souls and it makes sense.

7*10^27 atoms = 1 seventy kg human soul but that human doesn't have 7*10^27 souls in their body.

That's why I'm seeing here.

Yeah, I dunno if Aura does this in Can't Fear Your Own World, but in a special event in Bleach Brave Souls, Aura literally revives all 10 of the Espada and has them fight Hikone at the behest of Tsunayoshi so that Ikidomoe will acknowledge Hikone of the new king of Hueco Mundo (Ikidomoe was a hollow roaming free when Barragan was king, so Hikone was specifically looking for Barragan to defeat).

Dienomite22 wrote

I agree with this but Aura created the ocean above Karakura town via manipulate the souls from other things so either way it will remain high.

@Dien

I suppose this makes sense? reishi and souls weren't really explained much beyond what I posted.

But how would you explain her turning the entire sky into water? I don't think your explanation would work here.

"Aura had transformed the surrounding air! She had reconstructed the atmosphere all at once. Instead of the gray sky, there was now gray water. The sky above Karakura had been turned into an 'ocean'. The two shinigami looked up to see this extraordinary sight and screamed unexpectedly."

@Amasnesotdrol

@Sigurd

I'm not saying that isn't impressive or anything and it sounds like pretty potent soul manipulation with the amount of atoms and H2O being at work there. My idea still works with this, I was just against the idea that an object/thing's number of souls inside it is dictated by the amount of atoms it has rather than the object/thing having 1 soul and that soul is as powerful as the amount of atom souls within it.

My idea shouldn't contradict that character's feat.

Tatsuki's soul was been crush near Yammy because of spiritual pressure aka Reiatsu. Not Gonzui aka Soul suck. Reiatsu have differ types of had.

And people thought it was wank lol, I was serious when I said I was lowballing.

The thing is, if atoms or cells are what have individual souls then that would be the baseline 1 soul being affected. Objects or people who are collections of these atoms and cells would thus scale immensely higher as they are a collection of all of these souls which are then manipulated with ease. The difference between Aura, Quincy, Fullbringers and Hollows is that Aura and the Quincies have the skill to manipulate the individual atoms of matter, Fullbringers can manipulate the far weaker souls that others can't even sense and Hollows and Pluses are the ones who can't sense or manipulate the weaker souls, only affecting the stronger ones.

Yes if you mean human soul from your standard verse, no if you mean Bleach human soul (pretty sure you don't but just making sure). I am saying a soul is a soul and that Bleach souls (those belonging to creatures and objects) are a "huge" mass of them.

Can someone make a summary of what you guys are talking about? How does the fullbringer thing influence bleach soul hax?

so you are saying that an object in bleach has more soul and thus soul resistance than a human in another random verse.

I'm not interested in the results of this thread nor the blog. I haven't read it whole either, but I have to say this: Using multipliers for hax without a clear justification is flawed and as such the RCGG should be measured with feats only.

It's like giving resistances to DB characters who are as strong or stronger than any character who has resisted hax.

Uh .... yeah. Look at the Aura quote above where it says she manipulates the soul of every cell in her body. She is a person with "one" soul but that is comprised of a ton of other souls. This is the exact same thing as with Gillian but on a far greater scale. It may seem like a lot and wank but its just verse mechanics. It's a thing in a canon arc, it's a thing in a canon novel and it was a thing the MC spent an arc learning to master. You can't really say it's not a thing.

AnonymousBlank said:
Uh .... yeah. Look at the Aura quote above where it says she manipulates the soul of every cell in her body. She is a person with "one" soul but that is comprised of a ton of other souls. This is the exact same thing as with Gillian but on a far greater scale. It may seem like a lot and wank but its just verse mechanics. It's a thing in a canon arc, it's a thing in a canon novel and it was a thing the MC spent an arc learning to master. You can't really say it's not a thing.
We are not saying its not a thing, we are saying that it is clear that the soul of an atom can not be compared to that of a human being, considering that in most other verses for something to have a soul it mus tbe sentient, unless said atoms are sentient they really can not be compared to those of in other verses.

Also that atom thing just sounds like she can manipulate her soul on a much smaller level, to a lesser extent it is like Orochimaru losing the soul in his arms as he resisted the seal by hiruzen.

Exactly what I tried to avoid with this thread it happened, the multiplier. It's a problem that it's flawded and inflated. This ration of 1:1 of Atom = Soul makes that everything sound absurd as this would result in every human having a soul resitance of 7*10^27 for those with 70kg.

It's more likely that all those atomic-souls - forms a normal soul, a normal human.

The character it's just having a better control of the soul manipulation, not that every atom it's a sentient soul.

No one said sentient, not me at least. I said a soul is a soul which is true. Saying the soul of a Bleach atom isn't equivalent to that of another verse's bog standard is simply false unless you have evidence to say that a Bleach atom soul isn't a soul. To argue a Bleach human soul is equivalent to an irl human soul is pure head canon when Bleach explains that everything has a soul. This "it isn't sentient and this does not have the same soul resistance as a simple human" is just an argument from incredulity. If you want to make claims, prove it.

And because someone will no doubt make an argument of Bleach human souls being just one soul, it scales up from this because verse mechanics. Good luck.

AnonymousBlank said:
No one said sentient, not me at least. I said a soul is a soul which is true. Saying the soul of a Bleach atom isn't equivalent to that of another verse's bog standard is simply false unless you have evidence to say that a Bleach atom soul isn't a soul. To argue a Bleach human soul is equivalent to an irl human soul is pure head canon when Bleach explains that everything has a soul. This "it isn't sentient and this does not have the same soul resistance as a simple human" is just an argument from incredulity. If you want to make claims, prove it.
And because someone will no doubt make an argument of Bleach human souls being just one soul, it scales up from this because verse mechanics. Good luck.
Yeah that is the thing, no I dont think a soul is a soul, I think that souls differ, this is true even in bleach, one soul is not comparable to another its why you have stronger people who are just shinigami and not hollows which are a build up or souls and no that is not an argument of incredulity its an argument of logic, logically a non sentient soul is not on th esame level of a sentient soul and this is assuming atom souls are truly a full soul rather than just the atoms of a full soul in bleach.

Your second point makes no sense, and is countered by the fact that apparently even with a lesser soul in bleach you can defend yourself from the second strongest person in the verse, see Orihime and yhwach.

I'm sorry but there isn't some standard on what dictates a soul, in Bleach all things have a soul including the chair.
Also "sentient soul" isn't a thing.
There is not but you cant seriously be teeling me that the soul of a non-sentient object is on the level of that of a sentient object. In bleach souls can be broken down into atoms in most verses they cant that is the only difference.

Well I have more mass than a cup so by Bleach mechanics, I would have a bigger/stronger soul.

Also, how exactly does this "atom souls make up a human soul" work when you equate a human soul to the baseline resistance? Does an atomic soul have a less than baseline resistance? Please don't say that is actually the reasoning because ...... no, my brain can't even with that line of thought.

He is and he can. A soul is a soul, if there is something that states a sentient soul is greater than a non sentient soul, please show the scan.

I don't argue based off of what I personally believe, and so far no one has posted any actual evidence that goes against the canon explanation.

Obviously all souls are composed of spiritual particles. Idk why you keep talking about atoms when this was already talked about above.

AnonymousBlank said:
Well I have more mass than a cup so by Bleach mechanics, I would have a bigger/stronger soul.
Also, how exactly does this "atom souls make up a human soul" work when you equate a human soul to the baseline resistance? Does an atomic soul have a less than baseline resistance? Please don't say that is actually the reasoning because ...... no, my brain can't even with that line of thought.
well yeah, because the number of soul atoms that make up a cup are not enough to make a full soul.

Because atom souls are not full souls in my eyes. Yes. But you rbrain can apparently handle that a 70kg person in bleach has resistance of 7x10^27 people in any other random verse. Really. And btw that is an actual argument of incredulity.

Dude you're literally arguing based off of what you personally believe...which makes it a non argument.

Just give me one thing from the manga or anything that supports what you're saying.

What Aura can do is what normal fullbringers can do but juiced up, she can manipulate individual cells in her body or atoms in her surrounding.

I don't argue based off of what I personally believe, and so far no one has posted any actual evidence that goes against the canon explanation.
Obviously all souls are composed of spiritual particles. Idk why you keep talking about atoms when this was already talked about above.
You would have to believe that a non-sentient soul that can literally do nothing is comprabale to that of a sentient one.

Dude you're literally arguing based off of what you personally believe...which makes it a non argument.
Just give me one thing from the manga or anything that supports what you're saying.

What Aura can do is what normal fullbringers can do but juiced up, she can manipulate individual cells in her body or atoms in her surrounding.
I am also arguing based on feats.

Objects are never soul crushed or soul sucked in the manga at any point only humans.

does that mean that objects soul resistance >>> a base human?

I dont know why you are bringing up aura what she can do has nothing to do with the point I am making.

This thread isn't about soul crushing or soul sucking, it's about soul manipulation scale as a whole within the verse.

Only fullbringers can influence the soul of objects and smaller... and Quincy just take everything around them. Shinigami only manipulate their own souls.

You literally haven't posted a single thing related to a feat lol. Hell all of you keep talking about this atom shit not realizing it was literally already discussed above or multipliers which isn't a thing here?

This thread isn't about soul crushing or soul sucking, it's about soul manipulation scale as a whole within the verse.
Only fullbringers can influence the soul of objects and smaller... and Quincy just take everything around them. Shinigami only manipulate their own souls.

You literally haven't posted a single thing related to a feat lol. Hell all of you keep talking about this atom shit not realizing it was literally already discussed above.
I know that and I am asking a question.

Thanks for descrbing a bunch of things I know but still not answering my qiestion? because my question has got to do with the overall point.

If the souls in objects are comparable to normal souls why do they not act just like normal souls and why do only specific things affect them.

I am talking about the so called atom shit becuase it is the crux of the issue, whether 1 atom soul is that of a human in any other verse. And related to a feat? this is about the potncy of soul manip in bleach.

idk you tell me? the hogyoku is made from thousands of souls or something and it can't do jack without someone but it's one of the strongest tools within the verse same as the oken.

And as explained by Ginjo, the souls of objects just do nothing unless a fullbringer makes it do something.

Also normal souls are completely powerless can do nothing. Shinigami, Quincy, and Fullbringers aren't normal souls. Normal would be pluses which are common ghost or souls of humans in rukongai with no spiritual power.

Even so I still don't understand the point you're trying to make, since there isn't any standard for what actually qualifies as a soul. A soul is a soul and that is all, doesn't need to be sentient nor a living thing.

In animate objects not being affected isn't actually shown tbh. Unlike living beings who can express the RC, objects would just sit there like normal as it's only the soul and not the object itself that would be crushed or destroyed. You also have to take into account that considerably higher levels of reiatsu is impossible for lower amounts to sense or even affect like Transcendent Aizen and literally everyone bar Ichigo. Even Dangai Ichigo was so far above ButterflAizen that direct contact didn't just vape him like he did to the human soul or Gin. Same thing is applicable in this situation.

Also the fact that most humans or even souls are completely powerless hence the reason they don't need to sleep or even eat because they don't need any energy.

Back