• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Soul Potency

The accepted (if so) low-end should be used instead of a high-end where no one is certain that it is that specific number

3x Planetary for Yhwach seems about right, but with Aura and her "nitrogen has a soul" thing, SK is just gunna be a headache

BakiHanma18 said:
3x Planetary for Yhwach seems about right, but with Aura and her "nitrogen has a soul" thing, SK is just gunna be a headache
You're mistaken thinking that "nitrogen has a soul" only is a thing for SK.

Aura was manipulating those nitrogen souls and could manipulate a city sized ocean's worth and Quincy are able to manipulate matter too.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
BakiHanma18 said:
Aura was manipulating those nitrogen souls and could manipulate a city sized ocean's worth and Quincy are able to manipulate matter too.
I think he means that it will be a pain to try and get the potency of the soul hax of the SK

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

TOAAPRESENCE1 said:
BakiHanma18 said:
I think he means that it will be a pain to try and get the potency of the soul hax of the SK
Yeah, meant this^

Soul King will be easy thanks to Memories of Nobody, anyone else will be tricky thanks to atom souls.
Oh shit, forgot about that movie must have gotten my memory wiped after watching it

The argument for 3x planetary is also very wonky. As it applies an AP feat to a hax feat.

In general a lot of these upgardes to RC require either heavy assumptions or heavy leaps in logic.

That's why nobdoy who isn't a real supporter of the verse agrees with them.

Everything from the scaling argument (Which we do for no other verses. If we did soul and mind manipulation on this wiki would become a lot more cheese than it already is), to the atom souls, and also Mimihagi stabilizing 3 planets.

It's all fishy imo.

YungManzi said:
The argument for 3x planetary is also very wonky. As it applies an AP feat to a hax feat.
In general a lot of these upgardes to RC require either heavy assumptions or heavy leaps in logic.

That's why nobdoy who isn't a real supporter of the verse agrees with them.

Everything from the scaling argument (Which we do for no other verses. If we did soul and mind manipulation on this wiki would become a lot more cheese than it already is), to the atom souls, and also Mimihagi stabilizing 3 planets.

It's all fishy imo.
I was just thinking 3x planetary worked because Yhwach's plan involved consuming all 3 worlds with his reiatsu. Yhwach would be pretty stupid to make this plan and he couldn't even do it but that would be funny as ****

It's all done with Reiatsu, The Soul King doesn't only stabilize the planets with his Reiatsu, he also oversees and regulates all souls in the verse, which he made to begin with. Reiatsu Crush literally being the Reiatsu that Shinigami produce to crush.

BakiHanma18 said:
I was just thinking 3x planetary worked because Yhwach's plan involved consuming all 3 worlds with his reiatsu. Yhwach would be pretty stupid to make this plan and he couldn't even do it but that would be funny as ****
"Oh shit honey , i know i got you all worked up and all , but i can't seem to get it up..."

Anyway , until a proper scale is created and accepted , let's say reiatsu crush is 200 souls worth as a low ball and call it a day for now .

200s souls sounds like absolute downplay despite us already having numbers to work with, 3x planetary from the weakened SK and the SK made all the souls in Bleach and regularly governs them.

Naeblis495 said:
BakiHanma18 said:
"Oh shit honey , i know i got you all worked up and all , but i can't seem to get it up..."
Anyway , until a proper scale is created and accepted , let's say reiatsu crush is 200 souls worth as a low ball and call it a day for now .
B R U H XD

but yeah, I agree that that should be the established lowball given the evidence

The Prince of Counters said:
200s souls sounds like absolute downplay despite us already having numbers to work with, 3x planetary from the weakened SK and the SK made all the souls in Bleach and regularly governs them.
We can debate the rest of the stuff, I believe it's just bare minimum 2 hundred souls because of Yammy and his big boi breath being able to succ up "hundreds" of souls (at least 200 if not more)

Two things.

One, Yammy's soul suck. Yeah, that's legit for potency, but that mortal chick who survived it, that's where the problem comes in. The wiki works on the spread thin idea, in which potency is reduced the more it's used on. If Yammy used all his potency on her, then there would be no problem, but she resisted it while he was sucking up everyone else, which would make it a baseline resistance, if that given she was heavily incapacitated. Same factor neutered the planetary mental resistances of Touhou and Naruto.

Second thing. Just because you've created an x amount of souls doesn't mean you can soulhax like that. Say SK created 99 billion souls. That's cool and all, but that doesn't mean his Reiatsu Crush has the potency of 99 billion soul crushes, because they're not the same application.

SK can contol all reishi which is what the soul is made off.

He also regulates (controls) all the souls to keep things in balance.

The real cal howard said:
Two things.
One, Yammy's soul suck. Yeah, that's legit for potency, but that mortal chick who survived it, that's where the problem comes in. The wiki works on the spread thin idea, in which potency is reduced the more it's used on. If Yammy used all his potency on her, then there would be no problem, but she resisted it while he was sucking up everyone else, which would make it a baseline resistance, if that given she was heavily incapacitated. Same factor neutered the planetary mental resistances of Touhou and Naruto.
Don't think your exemples work here, to simplify:

• I use a 100 Megaton bomb to kill 100 people, one of them resisted in the explosion, do that mean you used 1 Megaton on her? no.
Touhou's Mental resistance doesn't work here since you need to look at the moon to get mindhaxed, his potency doesn't allow her to mindhax all the inhabitant of Gensokyo at the same time.

I mean, kinda. The people absorb the impact and distance to the explosion matters. It's just that the stat difference between a person and a nuke is so massive that it doesn't matter.

Same factor neutered the planetary mental resistances of Touhou and Naruto.

Not exactly,Sasuke,Madara and basically other God Tier Rinnegan users are still Planet level in resistance.

I mean, kinda. The people absorb the impact and distance to the explosion matters. It's just that the stat difference between a person and a nuke is so massive that it doesn't matter.
Not really tho, another exemple, You, and 9 other peoples are on a room which have a 100 C┬░ temperature, 9 peoples die and you survive, do you resist to only a 10 C┬░? again no

Yami's soul absorbtion was on the purpose of absorbing the maximum output of soul he could, if one of them resisted, that mean that this output isn't enough to absorb the soul of the said person.

Not really tho, another exemple, You, and 9 other peoples are on a room which have a 100 C┬░ temperature, 9 peoples die and you survive, do you resist to only a 10 C┬░? again no

Yami's soul absorbtion was on the purpose of absorbing the maximum output of soul he could, if one of them resisted, that mean that this output isn't enough to absorb the soul of the said person.

No. But that's because the room was capable of being heated to 100 degrees C. If the room was bigger, then the temperature would go down because the heat moves out. Yammy is the heat while the souls are the room.

Exactly. He traded potency for range, because he didn't expect anyone survive it and he could get the max. That's how spreading thin works.

No. But that's because the room was capable of being heated to 100 degrees C. If the room was bigger, then the temperature would go down because the heat moves out. Yammy is the heat while the souls are the room.
Nah, in my exemple, the heat is Yami's Soul suck which cover all the space in a defined area (the room) and the peoples inside are the souls, he has the potency to normally kill (absorb the souls) of all the peoples in this room (the 10 peoples) but one of them survived (so has a resistance to 100┬░C), the souls aren't the room, but inside the room, simple.

Exactly. He traded potency for range, because he didn't expect anyone survive it and he could get the max. That's how spreading thin works.
That is just an assumption, he killed all the others easily, the one who survived was a special case, it's even highlighted if you read all the dialogues. There is no need to think in a way that isn't the most logical way in which is written. he even said she was just luck, while in the reality she had resistance thanks to link with ichigo.

WTH is this thread?and why is planet level being used for reiatsu hax when it was literally accepted and concluded that reiatsu =/= ap nor dura

The Prince of Counters said:
It's the bare minimum we can argue for sure.

All other numbers , until properly debated and accepted , are hard to argue with.

It's a temporary mesure for the few bleach matches that could come up by the time we work on the actual scale .

There was a thread just recently that made a compelling point that AP=/= reiatsu, and that the girl that resisted Yammy's suck just has extremely high resistance. Hell, she even survives Aizen when he's in a state that people without resistance can't get too close without being oof'd

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Literally everyone was close to Aizen without issue. The one that got actually ****** was the dude that got close.
Exactly, that dude didn't have any resistance, so he got murdered. Now of course all of Ichigo's have enough resistance that Aizen maxing his suppression of his reiatsu was enough to not kill them, but anyone with out resistance... oof'd

Back