• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: Las Noches' Size 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a previous CRT we decided to use statements instead of referring to pixel scaling for Bleach given the inconsistency discovered in the pixel scaling. No two panels of an aerial view of things were similar nor consistent.

However, statements were consistent at least.

We have an accepted calc for the size of Seireitei that uses statements to determine it's size since pixel scaling was causing too many problems. Thus I propose we do the same for Las Noches' size.

Plus, there are blatant problems with the current calc of Las Noches' size and there was no reason to use it's complex method to discover Las Noches' size: "Finding the height of a character with angsizing, using that character's larger size that is supposedly twice in height based on a databook statement, then using horizon distance formula to figure out the inside length of Las Noches and then applying that to figure out it's height."
Nel Las Noches Size
Las Noches takes at least 6 days to walk around.

It's so absurd when we can literally use a statement that would give us a size.

According to Nel, Las Noches' has a door that was a 3 days walk away from their position by a hole in a wall of Las Noches. Meaning that Las Noches takes at least 6 days to walk around.

Nel Isn't Reliable
Except she is and always has been.

There's no arguing against her being a reliable source of knowledge of Hueco Mundo.

Nel is a Kid, She Doesn't Walk Average Speed
Nel is fast in general.

Ichigo leaves before Nel does. Despite this, Nel catches up to Ichigo and she even blitzes Ichigo with her Super Acceleration ability.

She a fast girl.

Or anyways, Nel travels on Bawabawa's back and it being a bus-sized snake-like Hollow is definitely going to be faster than average walking speed.

So assuming average walking speed is very safe.
Small Hollows
Small Hollows Replenish Off Air.

Accounting for Rest?
Usually we do; however, I think a case can be made to not account for rest given it's Nel that gave the statement about herself (or possibly abut Bawabawa who they use for traveling).

As Uryu reveals upon his observation of the concentration of Reishi in the atmosphere of Hueco Mundo, small Hollows are capable of surviving without the need of souls to survive just by breathing in the air of Hueco Mundo. It is able to replenish them due to the Reishi concentration being enough to sustain themselves.

Nel is a pretty small Hollow being that of a child sized person.

But this up for debate I'd assume.

Conclusion
We should use Nel's statement for the size of Las Noches and continue with consistency like with Seireitei's size.

Way more accurate with this version.

6 days of walking at average human pace of 5km/h would give us a circle with circumference 720 km.

Diameter is Circumference over pi or 229.18 km given your CRT is accepted Imade

Xulrev said:
Way more accurate with this version.
6 days of walking at average human pace of 5km/h would give us a circle with circumference 720 km.

Diameter is Circumference over pi or 229.18 km given your CRT is accepted Imade
So will this be the diameter of Las Noches?

Gremmy's won't be useless until someone actually buys Spirits Are Forever With You to prove Kenpachi scales to Zangetsu when he fought Ulquiorra.

It probably will be useless even if we don't have the scans for SAFWY. Since the new Lanza del Relampago calc is High 6-A I'm guessing new Cero Oscuras calc will also become somewhere around the 6-B To High 6-B range which makes the near baseline 6-B Gremmy meteor calc virtually useless. Since almost everybody Arrancar Saga and on will scale to the Cero Oscuras calc.

The main problem is whether or not these calcs will be considered an outlier.

Well, the Lanza calc wouldn't be an outlier as it scales directly to Zangetsu the first time he's fully in control and Dangai Ichigo is literally Zangetsu + OMZ and then True Shikai is just unquantifiably greater than Dangai. Cero Oscuras also scales only to Ichigo and Ulquiorra.

We could discuss Cero Oscuras and Gran Rey Cero as well since every Espada can theoretically use it and the ultimate moves of Espada are supposed to be superior to the Gran Rey Cero and/or Cero Oscuras to our understanding.

I will unsubscribe to this thread. You can send me a message later if you need my help.

Is it correct to use a diameter of 229km when Las Noches is a square/rectangle shape and thus should have sides of 180km? Or is it for the formula for the explosion yield since 180km wouldn't contain the corners of the palace?

AnonymousBlank said:
Is it correct to use a diameter of 229km when Las Noches is a square/rectangle shape and thus should have sides of 180km? Or is it for the formula for the explosion yield since 180km wouldn't contain the corners of the palace?
Would have the same area though, no?

Either way, I'm just saying we should use the statement, I'm not calcing the things.

I don't think we can randomly assign a golden rectangle role onto the shape when nothing suggests that.

Also using the air blast radius explosion formula with the new diameter (same one used to calculate the gremmy meteor)

Y = ((114.59/0.28)^3)/1000 = 68.5 Gigatons of TNT (Island+ level, 6-C)

This is probably the best way to do it as pixel scaling is ruled out and thus Soldier's calculation doesn't work.

@Tata, It's worth noting that calc actually should apply to the energy released by the top 4 Espada merely unleashing their Resureccion. Ulquiorra states they're forbidden from doing so inside the fortress since the release pressure alone would destroy Las Noches.

As such I would be against any calc that puts Lanza at the level of Ulquiorras first stage release on basic principle

TataHakai said:
Also using the air blast radius explosion formula with the new diameter (same one used to calculate the gremmy meteor)

This is probably the best way to do it as pixel scaling is ruled out and thus Soldier's calculation doesn't work.
I did not use this formula for Gremmy's meteor, so I don't know what you're talking about.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
TataHakai said:

I did not use this formula for Gremmy's meteor, so I don't know what you're talking about.
Oh i see now, i thought you used that one but you used the newer one we have, no problem

[114590^3*((27136*1.37895 + 8649)^(1/2)/13568 - 93/13568)^2] = 120 Gigatons of TNT (Large Island level, High 6-C)

I believe we could use this calc for the Resurreccion activation of Espada 4-1 and for Gran Rey Cero.

Both are stated to be able to "destroy Las Noches" and only that, nothing more.

Cero Oscuras is tricky since we can only use pixel scaling on it yo yruly determime it's power given that it shaves off part of Las Noches' roof and is vaporization.

That's fine

I don't think Lanza can be calced as you'd need to pixel scale it to las noches, but anyone who scales to Lanza (Ulquiorra second form, Vasto lorde etc.) scales above Gran rey cero etc. don't they?

That'd be a massive lowball to not use Cero Oscuras and Lanza. Gran Rey Cero is the weakest of the three and Cero Oscuras is weaker than Lanza. We could be lowballing them two tiers by ignoring this.

Also, I don't think there is much issue with pixel-scaling from Las Noches itself given it's not as problematic as Seireitei is.

It is

And we're not about to get into the whole Schrodinger's kubo argument again, if you're going to use statements then you can't pair it up with pixel scaling, as it contradicts itself.

Cero oscuras and Lanza will just have to scale up from GRC which will be High 6-C

TataHakai said:
I don't think we can randomly assign a golden rectangle role onto the shape when nothing suggests that.
Las Noches is a rectangle, so in case, this would be the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back