• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Fade to Black Seireitei Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it doesn't imply anything about the other dimensions, which is my point.

Yeah if you listen to the japanese dub when they translate it as "spirit miles" they say "ri".

A country sized town :cool: but yeah I get your point, I just disagree it's been narratively shown to be "small" instead of "big".
My argument is that it is referring to area and since we have no idea on the other dimensions we cannot say anything about the Sereiteis size from it

My argument is that it is referring to area and since we have no idea on the other dimensions we cannot say anything about the Sereiteis size from it
It isn't. They tell us how much distance/length it covers, and then tell us how much length/distance of Seireitei that is. The statement is saying 200 ri extends over 1/3 of Seireitei grounds, the 1/3 is for a length not an area.

I know Arc's punching, kicking, stabbing and body slamming air rn that multiple people are voting for Alex, including staff members.

I can hear the tears running down "his" face as we speak.

@Arcker123 Arc gave me an image to send you, and he wanted me to send it here. (Specifically to you for some reason, not sure why though)

ichibeiblackstomp-1.jpg

Yeah if you listen to the japanese dub when they translate it as "spirit miles" they say "ri".
Both the English dub & sub translate it as “spirit miles”. Do we essentially cherry pick here ? Or is the route native language solos? Take it into account that I’ve never listened to the Japanese dub.
Wasn’t the entire purpose of the “reishi mist” being exposed. Was with the sole purpose of eliminating every soul reaper? It would make sense for the mist to spread out through an area with that intent in mind. Not to mention the mist stated to be spreading throughout the area.

The mist covering a east- west direction isn’t necessarily encompassing its diameter. The dub specifically says “ centered in a east-west direction”

Last edited:
Also I’m curious to why yoruichi’s statement wasn’t applied here to strengthen the request. Is that statement not accepted here ?

Wouldn't it be better to do the calculation based on the size of karakura?

Because it is mentioned that the jureichi was the size of "X" spiritual miles in VIZ if I'm not mistaken

Note: And as for the 1/3 it still seems more meaningful to me how to cover area

The statements of Yoruichi support this given even a weak Shinigami is clearly even faster than human, there are really no contradiction, seiretei also have more districts than IRL japan, I fully agree with using FTB statement.

Both the English dub & sub translate it as “spirit miles”. Do we essentially cherry pick here ? Or is the route native language solos? Take it into account that I’ve never listened to the Japanese dub.
Wasn’t the entire purpose of the “reishi mist” being exposed. Was with the sole purpose of eliminating every soul reaper? It would make sense for the mist to spread out through an area with that intent in mind. Not to mention the mist stated to be spreading throughout the area.

The mist covering a east- west direction isn’t necessarily encompassing its diameter. The dub specifically says “ centered in a east-west direction”
"Spirit miles" technically isn't even incorrect as the characters used are "霊里" or literally "spirit ri"

Take Yamamoto's statement as an example
Just noticed that Viz actually used the correct ri here lol even though they didn't multiple other times, 2 ri = 4.8 miles or 7.86 kilometers
0223-009.png

Ohyrbk4.png
It's literally just a thematic thing because of Bleach being all about spirits, it doesn't change however that 里 or ri is very clearly there, I guess you could try and pretend that "spirit ri" is an entirely unknown measurement but I think it would be pretty ridiculous to ignore the "ri", the intent is very clear here.

As for it being area, Arc already went over this multiple times but you simply cannot use "ri" for area, it's a measurement of length...there would have to be a distinction if it was meant to represent area much like how we'd say square meters or square kilometers as oppose to just meters or kilometers.

"Spirit miles" technically isn't even incorrect as the characters used are "霊里" or literally "spirit ri"

Just noticed that Viz actually used the correct ri here lol even though they didn't multiple other times, 2 ri = 4.8 miles or 7.86 kilometers
0223-009.png

Ohyrbk4.png
It's literally just a thematic thing because of Bleach being all about spirits, it doesn't change however that 里 or ri is very clearly there, I guess you could try and pretend that "spirit ri" is an entirely unknown measurement but I think it would be pretty ridiculous to ignore the "ri", the intent is very clear here.

As for it being area, Arc already went over this multiple times but you simply cannot use "ri" for area, it's a measurement of length...there would have to be a distinction if it was meant to represent area much like how we'd say square meters or square kilometers as oppose to just meters or kilometers.
It would be better to come up with an area-based calculation as well and compare, using what we also know from jureichi.

Also because for me it makes more sense for a gas to cover an area (1/3) and not a length

0223-009.png

Ohyrbk4.png

Why does “ri” objectively mean a measure of length & not a measure of distance.
If you guys have a thread discussing this I’ll absorb the info. Feel free to link it.

If you guys have a thread discussing this I’ll absorb the info. Feel free to link it.
You know distance and length are the same thing right…

Also what Purgy said encapsulates everything wonderfully.

And to the guy who asked yes Yoruichi’s statement is accepted

For anyone that may be confused, “ri” is a Japanese measurement of length/distance, with 1 ri being equal to about 3927.27 meters.

Honestly this is the closest we’ve got to an actually stated size, and the evidence provided is such that I’m convinced of Kubo’s involvement in Fade to Black. So you can put me down as agreeing with this

Length and distance are the same thing

And it objectively means length/distance as that's what it was created for and what it's purpose is, Japan has entirely different units for area and none of them are "ri", you can see this very easily if you just google Japanese units of measurement.

From the visuals in the manga, do we ever get a full look at the entirety of the Seireitei's size (or at least half of it? Becuse if it's visual size doesn't add up with just a part of it reaching such the stated size, it would make the statment sketchy.

From the visuals in the manga, do we ever get a full look at the entirety of the Seireitei's size (or at least half of it? Becuse if it's visual size doesn't add up with just a part of it reaching such the stated size, it would make the statment sketchy.
We get several visuals of the Seireitei, especially in the last arc. I already tried revising it based off that but was told there are too many contradicting visuals (I think there aren't if you dismiss obvious outliers), and that the statement-based approach is more reliable though I don't personally agree with that.

@LordGriffin1000 Based on the statement from the movie, the Seireitei would be this big:

YxUakkR.png

Even if the visuals contradict each other to an extent in the manga, I can assure you that this size from the movie would be the biggest outlier out of all available data so far on the Seireitei.

Damage, you yourself have already admitted your arguments have already been rejected multiple times. Why is anyone interested in this?
This line of reasoning has been rejected numerous times as Damage himself had admitted. This isn’t a strong counter argument.

Statements are inherently more reliable then visuals, especially when the distance statement was specifically overseen by Kubo, who naturally would’ve put some thought into what he intends it to be given how he’s in charge of environments and all that jazz.

Reading this I see now problem, so I agree... now pay the bribe Arc7
Consider it done 😈

so there’s been massive debate on the visuals of Seireitei for ages, and every time the majority consensus has been extremely consistent statements >>> wildly consistent visuals. Seireitei has never been drawn at a consistent size throughout the entire manga, meanwhile the statements are extremely supportive of it being a country sized city. IMade has a wonderful mega post here:
Post in thread 'New issues with the calculated size of the Seireitei'
https://vsbattles.com/threads/new-i...ted-size-of-the-seireitei.120359/post-3942564

@LordGriffin1000 Based on the statement from the movie, the Seireitei would be this big:

YxUakkR.png

Even if the visuals contradict each other to an extent in the manga, I can assure you that this size from the movie would be the biggest outlier out of all available data so far on the Seireitei.
Jeez!!!

As for my stance, drop me down for neutral.

Damage, you yourself have already admitted your arguments have already been rejected multiple times. Why is anyone interested in this?

This line of reasoning has been rejected numerous times as Damage himself had admitted. This isn’t a strong counter argument.

Statements are inherently more reliable then visuals, especially when the distance statement was specifically overseen by Kubo, who naturally would’ve put some thought into what he intends it to be given how he’s in charge of environments and all that jazz.
Damage was just answering my question...

That's kinda bull in my honest opinion since it can be a case by case thing but since it's been rejected, I won't bother going into it. I'll remain neutral on the matter, if this gets accepted, then it is what it is.

Consider it done 😈

so there’s been massive debate on the visuals of Seireitei for ages, and every time the majority consensus has been extremely consistent statements >>> wildly consistent visuals. Seireitei has never been drawn at a consistent size throughout the entire manga, meanwhile the statements are extremely supportive of it being a country sized city. IMade has a wonderful mega post here:
Post in thread 'New issues with the calculated size of the Seireitei'
https://vsbattles.com/threads/new-i...ted-size-of-the-seireitei.120359/post-3942564
Fair enough.

Just because their result is so much higher than the other visuals that doesn't make them unreliable especially when there are 2 or 3 statements that support them.
So when the visuals are contradicted choosing one end over the other without anything from the series to back it up is a complete headcanon imo.

I can assure you that this size from the movie would be the biggest outlier out of all available data so far on the Seireitei
You can get a higher result using Yoruichi's statement iirc depending on how many hours they had to walk per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back